It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We Iraqis Want

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
"I don't ever post or read anything in this forum but I sort of clicked this topic"

How is that even possible?

"So what they are saying is live life, live through social experiences, get more friends to do "the simple things in life" "

It may be acceptable for you to live a life of "ignorance is bliss" and close your eyes to other peoples suffering. However, i'm affraid I am incapable of such a thing.

Perhaps they think i'm naive ksnazdnzon because i belive there are heros in this world.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

You mean because the mossad is white?

I was simply saying many people in the middle east can tell the difference between people and where they are from. Skin color, language and facial features are all characteristics of where someone might be from.
Are you sayong that all people from the Middle East look a-like?
Cause I am saying the opposite.

PLanting a bomb in a mosque or a market placeand getting away, has ZERO to do with skin colour. Absolutely nothing to do with skin colour.

Who the hell said planting a bomb in a mosque deal with skin color...NOT ME. Here is what I said.....

Thats claim is false. Many of my friends have seen them kill innocent women and children...and these men were not Mossad/CIA agents. There is a diff in skin color, language and other characteristics that set them apart...no confusion there.

Not at all, infact it is true each middle eastern country has it's own look, and that we are all different. A syrians + lebanese have a stereotyped look, palestinians have a vague look, jordanians have one, iraqies have one etc etc. However the arab people are mixed together, there is intermarriage there. And also there is even Alot of diversity within those countries aswell, as you could see by the photos, there is not really one "iraqi look". So it is very difficult. to do as you say, and pick people out by look, it takes a trained eye, and the only people who are the best at it, are us, the middle eastern people, we know ourselves, however you certainly cannot have this capability. And as you could see from the letter which is the subject of this page, the women belives there are mossad agents in iraq. Despite that, it's very difficult to tell, Jews and arabs are of the same blood line, we are cousins, and the mossad, are experts spies, they are my enemy and yet i admit that. Ofcource they can go undetected, ofcource they can plant bombs in our mosques and churches, in our market places and go undetected. You think for a minute, that iraqies would hurt their own famiilies? if you reall belive that, you are more heavily indoctrinated than you think. What would they ever have to benefit from hurting themselves? No, it is you that hurts them, CIA/Mossad/occupiers.

[edit on 30-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

women belives there are mossad agents in iraq

Im sure there is.....and CIA too...but not every death done to an Innocent Iraqi has been committed by Mossad/CIA/Occupiers......the "resistance" aka the insurgency has also killed them too.

No, it is you that hurts them, CIA/Mossad/occupiers.

Is that right "you"??? Me huh? Me? Me as in SportyMB?
Talk about discremenation and profiling...how do I fit in the picture?

Just like YOU are a terrorist, just like you are sideing with OBL.
Just like you helped make 11 possible?

Naw...you would'nt have the courage to do such a thing...you
would not even have the self fortitude to fight for Syria, not to
mention Iraq.

Don't pull that "YOU" trash on me child.

I see where you are going with this, little one.

[edit on 30/5/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The iraqi resistance does are not careless with the lives of their own people.

No, it is you that hurts them, CIA/Mossad/occupiers.

Is that right "you"??? Me huh? Me? Me as in SportyMB?
Talk about discremenation and profiling...how do I fit in the picture?

You know i don't mean YOU as in YOU, i just mean you are part of it because you support the occupation.

"Just like YOU are a terrorist, just like you are sideing with OBL."

OBL's a CIA man, i don't like that asehole any more than you do.

"Just like you helped make 11 possible?"

9/11 was an inside job.

Don't pull that "YOU" trash on me child.

I see where you are going with this, little one.

We are getting testy aren't we? temper temper
. I'll refrain from the "you's",.

Let's not turn this into a slug fest.

[edit on 30-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

"I don't ever post or read anything in this forum but I sort of clicked this topic"

How is that even possible?

"So what they are saying is live life, live through social experiences, get more friends to do "the simple things in life" "

It may be acceptable for you to live a life of "ignorance is bliss" and close your eyes to other peoples suffering. However, i'm affraid I am incapable of such a thing.

Perhaps they think i'm naive ksnazdnzon because i belive there are heros in this world.

I saw it in the recent post box, so I clicked it. I thought the topic name was a very simplistic and unfair generalization, so it grabbed my intrest to post my opinion on that.

One letter doesn't prove what Iraqi's want, you see your looking at it the same way your enemy is. Your generilizing an entire country under one view, and forgetting it's made up of individuals.

The naiveness starts from this, and the fact you keep saying eating food is closing your eyes on others, I mean I get what your saying. I care, I care about the suffering in the world. I'm not saying "Don't bring me down with bad stuff."

Just understand Iraq is not the only place there is suffering, and it's not as simple as US soilders all running over there and raping all these people, yes this happens, but not everyone is doing this.

I'm not closing my eyes on the suffering and being ignorant, just being realistic. There is more than just suffering in this world.

Don't worry, I understand where your coming from. It feels like adults and the average population tells you to grow up. And growing up translates to shutting up, conforming, and being selfish and uncaring for the world. But in reality, this isn't completly the case.

[edit on 30-5-2005 by Ksnazdnzon]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Ummm geee, SS, the MOSSAD and CIA must have alot of agents willing to die, being that many of htese bombings are suicde and all. So you are saying basically that there a all these agents willing to die to kill innocent Iraqi's ?
Doesn't make much sense does it, but thatis what you profess.

With regards to this Iraqi womwns latter, what a makes you think it has any credibility whatsoever. If she had instead written that she thinks there are foreign militants working with Iraqi's killing innocent people, would you have even posted it ? And if so would you have believed it ti be true ? I think not.

You only believe circumstantial eveidence which supports your case, any contradictory information no matter how correct is immediately discarde by you.

What about these Iraqi's who support what the US has done in removing Saddam ? are they classe as enemies of the people worthy of death ?

You know that many Iraqi's would view your comments about the insurgents as utterly crass and completely wrong. There are many Iraqi's who have first hand knowlege of what the insurgents have done and detest them. Insurgents have been cornered by Iraqi civilians before, not once have I seen any claims that these people they have captured are MOSSAD or CIA. This would be the first thing they'd be televising to the world if it were true.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This has been such an educating thread in so many ways. One thing i've learned is that there are some extremely intelligent youngsters in the world, and a few severly ignorant adults.
War is never a pretty thing. I understand where this young lady is comming from. I also understand that there are some really good American soldiers in Iraq at this time. Some are friends and family. Not all these soldiers are bad, or do bad things upon command.
As someone said this is one letter, but i'm sure there are alot of folks that feel this way and not just this one lady. There are also bad people on all sides of this war. I only wish there was a way of getting rid of all the bad people for the sake of the children that will someday inherit these lands. These little people should not have such a huge mess to clean up when they are grown up.
My children are growing up happy and healthy in a world where they can run and play outside without worry of bombs, ect. But one day they will grow up and have to live in a world with the children that are growing up in a war torn country. This war can and will have a very negative effect on these children. Some will grow up and find themselves still angry. What we provide for them now will last a lifetime.
Most would agree that they would not want their children playing in a drug infested neighborhood, so why would we subject them to these images of war?
Science is trying to figure out a way of weeding out the dna of the finest people to make our world a better place for future generations. While plotting a mass depopulation plan....should'nt these people be trying to figure out how we are going to save the children of this generation instead of killing it off?
Sorry for the sound off...just hada

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
SS: You have taken on a hard job. You apparently are a young Syrian student in Australia and you are trying to talk with mostly ethnocentric Americans who haven't a clue about the diverse ethnicities in the Middle East, the Balkans, Europe proper, Asia or anywhere else. This is exactly why US Presidents of both political parties push the invasion button so quickly. They think they can instantly understand and solve problems involving people which have evolved over centuries, if not longer. These people live in a small world inspite of living in the most powerful country in that world. Your task is almost hopeless.

But, you can take comfort in that the rest of the world, even the Canadians, think that Americans are the stupidest people in the world. After all, who else would swallow, hook, line and sinker, their own country's propaganda without question? Most people won't even talk to Americans, they just roll their eyes and politely deflect on to another topic.

The only people who can understand these problems are the people involved with these problems and they should be left to solve their problem rather than have the USA MAKE problems for them.

Add to our lack of understanding the influence of the Zionist mass media --which our Fundamental Christian population wants, desperately to believe, and you can see that discussion is futile.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forschung
But, you can take comfort in that the rest of the world, even the Canadians, think that Americans are the stupidest people in the world.

How Rude. Glad to know your intelligence leads you to these conclusions. I guess you have yet to figure out that not all Americans are "stupid"
I for one do not appreciate your referring to Americans as stupidest people in the world. I am an American and far from stupid.
In your case, just as Sister has so gracefully described some in this thread ...ignorance is bliss. You may not like the Americans, and thats fine. To each their own. But if I may....people like you are the very reason this world is in such pathetic shape. Rude people speak such nasty words gasping for air in dire need of uplifting themselves.
Kind of like fat folks hang out with fatter folks...so they look much smaller

I'd ask you to speak from the heart, but with anything that cold, nothing warm will ever be felt.
I am clearly and completely in undertsanding with what you have said. It's simply just not true. Some Americans know what she means, they were in Iraq long before this war became a reality. So as far as the diverse culture...some Americans feel Sisters pain

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forschung mostly ethnocentric Americans who haven't a clue about the diverse ethnicities in the Middle East, the Balkans, Europe proper, Asia or anywhere else.

I find this one especially funny considering the United States is one of the most ethnically diverse nations on Earth.........cute.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

SS: You have taken on a hard job. You apparently are a young Syrian student in Australia and you are trying to talk with mostly ethnocentric Americans.

Just to put things into perspective, she has been living in Australia since she was a little girl. She is Syrian by racial heritage but in reality she is about as Syrian as I am.

I find it funny how you think she is smart becasue she can regurgitate a few web pages from the net.LOL. An intelligent person normally takes in ALL the facts before forming opinions, something SS doesn't.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

SS: You have taken on a hard job. You apparently are a young Syrian student in Australia and you are trying to talk with mostly ethnocentric Americans.

Just to put things into perspective, she has been living in Australia since she was a little girl. She is Syrian by racial heritage but in reality she is about as Syrian as I am.

I find it funny how you think she is smart becasue she can regurgitate a few web pages from the net.LOL. An intelligent person normally takes in ALL the facts before forming opinions, something SS doesn't.

So just exactly what are your qualifications on Iraq, Rogue1. I stand by what I said about SS. There is nothing you have said to change my opinion and in fact you have bolstered my point. So, let's hear about the man doing the talking.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I have only post a few times here. I am not a conservative, actually I am probably very liberal by many standards. However, I am very impressed with -wD, responses & dialog with this young teenager.
I am a Native American woman and brother (Marine) was serving in Vietnam, while I was protesting against it. Native American's have always taken great pride in serving our country despite our history of colonization & oppression.
Your dialog with this young women should be commended!

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

So just exactly what are your qualifications on Iraq, Rogue1. I stand by what I said about SS. There is nothing you have said to change my opinion and in fact you have bolstered my point. So, let's hear about the man doing the talking.

lol Forschuung I wouldn't dare try and change you mind - I couldn't be bothered. I bolstered your point how so ? by pointing out the facts that Syrian Sister isn't anymore qualified to talk about Iraq than anyone else. That is all.

Am I more qualified, maybe...maybe not. All I can say is that I have been reading about the MIddle East since the gulf war. Not some BS interent sites, but real books written by real people who know a thing or two about the area.

Seems these days that if it's on some web page it must be true lol.

cjf

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   

But, you can take comfort in that the rest of the world, even the Canadians, think that Americans are the stupidest people in the world. After all, who else would swallow, hook, line and sinker, their own country's propaganda without question?

I personally have left many, many footprints all over this planet spanning the past few decades or so (I currently live in the States) and still to this very day I am amazed of how absolutely ignorant a few boisterous arrogant people of the ‘world’ are of US Americans. All nations, including the US, produce propaganda at some registering level. Nothing compares to the flagrant twisted propaganda which I have heard, read and watched while in nations outside the US which primarily is targeted wholly against the US for a myriad of differing reasons. Sadly, by some, this blatant propaganda is absorbed as fact by porous minds and at times produces statements only the village idiot would wrongly believe enough to repeat.

Most people won't even talk to Americans, they just roll their eyes and politely deflect on to another topic.

-[snip]-

....with mostly ethnocentric Americans who haven't a clue about the diverse ethnicities in the Middle East, the Balkans, Europe proper, Asia or anywhere else.

I have, oddly enough, heard similar generalized comments from ‘American’ undergraduate students; albeit very few have traveled abroad. Ironically, the professed comments are very reminiscent of the conclusion the "Reichspropagandaleitung" was erroneously drawing in the late 1930’s and early 1940’s about ‘Americans’.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Well said cjf. You tell'em. If I had another vote left this month i'd vote for you.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The difference between us ... is that we don't let our people run around killing masses of people from other countries at elast if they do it here it is to us. Ex: Timothy McVey ... or there are a couple others ... Keep your people over there where we cannot track a bombing back to you and guess what PROBLEM SOLVED.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
The difference between us ... is that we don't let our people run around killing masses of people from other countries at elast if they do it here it is to us. Ex: Timothy McVey ... or there are a couple others ... Keep your people over there where we cannot track a bombing back to you and guess what PROBLEM SOLVED.

This is the root of the problem, when you use people, you use it as a noun.

Your people, my people, etc.. The country is made up of individuals, just as the army fighting in it is.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I say something as profound ... as keep your people from bombing us and all you can say ... is that is, what is wrong ... ,we divide people into groups. Let me let you in on some classified information. People like you avoinding this easy Question is the real problem. Other than that none of this would have ever happend and if we weren't for people bombing the two trade towers killing more than you should have. If you would have attacked maybe a ship or something overseas. Maybe we would not have waged war on you but guess what ... You messed up and it was with the wrong country because we don't put dollars on your head like Russians or Anglo-Saxons .... We are going to come after you guess what we are knocking on your back door now. Where are you guys lets play hide and seek. Americans favorite game because it is always them looking and seeking whoever that is running like a COWARD with thier tale in between thier legs. The only thing terrorist represent for me is the Cowardness of a dog out of a pack ... When they are in packs watch out but, if they are alone they run with thier tale in between thier legs.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

But, you can take comfort in that the rest of the world, even the Canadians, think that Americans are the stupidest people in the world. After all, who else would swallow, hook, line and sinker, their own country's propaganda without question? Most people won't even talk to Americans, they just roll their eyes and politely deflect on to another topic.

if we so stupid, how come we so wealthy? hmmmm i wonder why? if we so stupid, our country wouldnt last one day since the revolution, better yet if we so stupid we would have lost the first day of war against the British Empire, i wonder why we stupid Americans won?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join