It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We Iraqis Want

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

Seems these days that if it's on some web page it must be true lol.

Those words are right on the money. Google searches make people lazy in their research. Even accounts from a person who was actually there can be biased. Truth is hard to come by.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjf

Originally posted by Forschung
But, you can take comfort in that the rest of the world, even the Canadians, think that Americans are the stupidest people in the world. After all, who else would swallow, hook, line and sinker, their own country's propaganda without question?

I personally have left many, many footprints all over this planet spanning the past few decades or so (I currently live in the States) and still to this very day I am amazed of how absolutely ignorant a few boisterous arrogant people of the ‘world’ are of US Americans. All nations, including the US, produce propaganda at some registering level. Nothing compares to the flagrant twisted propaganda which I have heard, read and watched while in nations outside the US which primarily is targeted wholly against the US for a myriad of differing reasons. Sadly, by some, this blatant propaganda is absorbed as fact by porous minds and at times produces statements only the village idiot would wrongly believe enough to repeat.

Most people won't even talk to Americans, they just roll their eyes and politely deflect on to another topic.

-[snip]-

....with mostly ethnocentric Americans who haven't a clue about the diverse ethnicities in the Middle East, the Balkans, Europe proper, Asia or anywhere else.

I have, oddly enough, heard similar generalized comments from ‘American’ undergraduate students; albeit very few have traveled abroad. Ironically, the professed comments are very reminiscent of the conclusion the "Reichspropagandaleitung" was erroneously drawing in the late 1930’s and early 1940’s about ‘Americans’.

I guess all this means you are attending school in Omaha or is it Salt Lake City? 57% of Americans think the Iraqi war wasn't worth it. The percentages are even highter in our strongest ally Great Britain. In the remainder of the world it runs somewhere between 80-90% against. Oh, did I say our strongest ally was against us---how stupid of me--Israel supports our invasion to the last dollar and the last GI. Shalom.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

So just exactly what are your qualifications on Iraq, Rogue1. I stand by what I said about SS. There is nothing you have said to change my opinion and in fact you have bolstered my point. So, let's hear about the man doing the talking.

lol Forschuung I wouldn't dare try and change you mind - I couldn't be bothered. I bolstered your point how so ? by pointing out the facts that Syrian Sister isn't anymore qualified to talk about Iraq than anyone else. That is all.

Am I more qualified, maybe...maybe not. All I can say is that I have been reading about the MIddle East since the gulf war. Not some BS interent sites, but real books written by real people who know a thing or two about the area.

Seems these days that if it's on some web page it must be true lol.

Rogue1, the point is that SS has lived in two countries far, far from the USA and one of those countries was in the Arab world. Instead of putting her down as some have done for her age, she should be thanked for bringing us and especially us Americans, an opposing and valid point of view. I do hope all of you understand that serious reservations about US objectives and reasoning for this war are the majority view, world-wide.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
How disgraceful to see an American mother actually siding with a terrorist supporting child, who would blow up your kid in Iraq if possible.

Is the war wrong - of course it is. Anyone who thinks differently has a moral thread missing. Is it wrong to place bomb packs on children and detonate them? Wrong and insane.

The australian girl has the viva la resistance views, and who should argue? However, when you make threats, that you intend to pursue a terrorist agenda, of which you do not understand (only the fantasy of it), then you are the enemy. Little does the child know that this site is completely spidered for individuals to monitor, like herself. Little does the child know that organizations like Hamas don't care if they indoctrinate children to die. It's political, just as taking a country for oil is political. The Iraqi's are the ones suffering, and guerilla zest will only cause further chaos and death.

Where do you think resistance material, weapons, and training is coming from? The Syrians are there, along with a host of nations causing the Iraqi's explosions on a daily basis for political reasons. Who is dieing? Americans and Iraqi's. If you really believe that the car bombs and attacks are led by the CIA and Mossad, then you're just plain stupid. You just haven't learned enough yet.

Iraq is a bunch of nations abusing one another. Does it make it right for the U.S. to have invaded? Of course not. Neither does supporting people who strap bombs on themselves, or use cars to blow up a bunch of kids and people who want no war.

cjf

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I guess all this means you are attending school in Omaha or is it Salt Lake City? 57% of Americans think the Iraqi war wasn't worth it. The percentages are even highter in our strongest ally Great Britain. In the remainder of the world it runs somewhere between 80-90% against. Oh, did I say our strongest ally was against us---how stupid of me--Israel supports our invasion to the last dollar and the last GI. Shalom.

1) You obviously did not read my post.
2) You implied “American’s are stupid”
3) I addressed your insulting comments directly.
4) You support your fully unrelated statements to my comment with polling stats from a sample group previously you deemed ‘stupid’ and stated ‘Haven’t a clue’?
5) You have now completely proven and are a fine example of my first premise.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

The American's strongest ally is Britain? OK, I agree with that.
I'm not sure about Americas strongest ally being against them. Maybe I read your post wrong?

I have never been asked officially if i am against the US. Where did you get the facts from to support that we , in the UK are against America?

[edit on 3-6-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7
How disgraceful to see an American mother actually siding with a terrorist supporting child, who would blow up your kid in Iraq if possible.

Is the war wrong - of course it is. Anyone who thinks differently has a moral thread missing. Is it wrong to place bomb packs on children and detonate them? Wrong and insane.

The australian girl has the viva la resistance views, and who should argue? However, when you make threats, that you intend to pursue a terrorist agenda, of which you do not understand (only the fantasy of it), then you are the enemy. Little does the child know that this site is completely spidered for individuals to monitor, like herself. Little does the child know that organizations like Hamas don't care if they indoctrinate children to die. It's political, just as taking a country for oil is political. The Iraqi's are the ones suffering, and guerilla zest will only cause further chaos and death.

Where do you think resistance material, weapons, and training is coming from? The Syrians are there, along with a host of nations causing the Iraqi's explosions on a daily basis for political reasons. Who is dieing? Americans and Iraqi's. If you really believe that the car bombs and attacks are led by the CIA and Mossad, then you're just plain stupid. You just haven't learned enough yet.

Iraq is a bunch of nations abusing one another. Does it make it right for the U.S. to have invaded? Of course not. Neither does supporting people who strap bombs on themselves, or use cars to blow up a bunch of kids and people who want no war.

You know what your talking about, this is what I was saying. Neither side are really in the right. Terrorists who use suicide bomber tactics, usually end up killing innocents as well, and they do it as cowards. Neither side is in the right.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
you know, this all depends on your views, and well, the majorities in Iraq. The people in Iraq are being effectively brainwashed through media. the same thing happend in Afghanistan with that TV channel Al_Jazeera if memory serves. The problem is not with the Iraqi people, if roles were reversed and Iraq was trying to cleanse Britian or America of a Dictator, if things had turned out the way they have, I for one would be absolutely fuming over the things that had happened. but lets not forget, what we see on our media channels, would be completly different to what's beein shown on Iraqi TV.

I'll try and place myself into an Iraqis' shoes for a second, i know this'll be inaccurate but i'll have a go:
If i had been under a dictators' rule like Saddam's, being 17, i wouldn't know any different of life. it would just be the same as always. as it would have been for a lot of people. However, realising there was a better standard of living i would be jumping at the chance. However, present day, i would be absolutely gutted to realise that this was the "better standard of life" Things haven't gone the coalitions' way, but because i'm in a country which still has its own radio and tv stations run by terrorists, how am i to know that their plans have gone wrong? As far as i would be concerned, this is the way they planned things.

I'm open to criticism here, but thats' how i believe a lot of iraqis' are picturing things. And since Syrian girl has the closest experience to the other side of this argument, we shouldn't be jumping on her back. both sides of the debate need to be carefully studied and both sides need to know clearly what the other is saying. This war has been Blown Hugely out of proportion by a lack of good communication and mis-media. The saying is true, the pen is mightier than the sword, but in this case, speech will be mightier than the gun. it'll just take a government eye to see it.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Rogue1, the point is that SS has lived in two countries far, far from the USA and one of those countries was in the Arab world. Instead of putting her down as some have done for her age, she should be thanked for bringing us and especially us Americans, an opposing and valid point of view.

Now is was good for a laugh.

All your young uneducated friend has done is bring forth nothing but propganda.

I am surpirsed that you since you stated Us Americans, can be so ignorant as to believe her lies.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForschungBut, you can take comfort in that the rest of the world, even the Canadians, think that Americans are the stupidest people in the world. After all, who else would swallow, hook, line and sinker, their own country's propaganda without question? Most people won't even talk to Americans, they just roll their eyes and politely deflect on to another topic.

What a bigoted comment this is. I am not an American but to label everyone as stupid is insulting and puerile. You are obviously not very well informed.

It is generalisations such as this that create hate and divide as I have said many times before, now we know why we have such unrest in the world.

Grow up.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   

SS: You have taken on a hard job. You apparently are a young Syrian student in Australia and you are trying to talk with mostly ethnocentric Americans who haven't a clue about the diverse ethnicities in the Middle East, the Balkans, Europe proper, Asia or anywhere else. This is exactly why US Presidents of both political parties push the invasion button so quickly. They think they can instantly understand and solve problems involving people which have evolved over centuries, if not longer. These people live in a small world inspite of living in the most powerful country in that world. Your task is almost hopeless.

But, you can take comfort in that the rest of the world, even the Canadians, think that Americans are the stupidest people in the world. After all, who else would swallow, hook, line and sinker, their own country's propaganda without question? Most people won't even talk to Americans, they just roll their eyes and politely deflect on to another topic.

The only people who can understand these problems are the people involved with these problems and they should be left to solve their problem rather than have the USA MAKE problems for them.

Add to our lack of understanding the influence of the Zionist mass media --which our Fundamental Christian population wants, desperately to believe, and you can see that discussion is futile.

I beg to differ. Americans are the stupidest people on earth? I want to laugh except I think you actually believe that. Oh well. Then by your own admission you must be American, since you certainly fit that bill.

And as far as your ignorant and most retarded comment about eating up propoganda...in every country I have traveled to I have found the people suck up their country's version of the media. Hell, look how the Arab world eats up Al Jahzeera.

Ethnocentric? Look up the meaning of the word before you make a total ass of yourself. In case you havent heard, genuis, Americans are not an ethnic group. We are a nation of many. We are mongrels. I have 5 ethnicities in my own background. We cannot be ethnocentric because there is no ethnic to be centric to. DUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

And as far as your wonderful ethnic groups in the Balkans and middle east, I got news for you: They have been brutally murdering, raping, and destroying one another since the dawn of civilization. And you call them "evolved?"

Keep the delerious bull# a-flowing. You are definitely a piece of work, and a good educational tool to use as an example of what happens when brainwashed people embrace ignorance.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Forschung, since you said us americans all the time, then that means that you are american right?

If you are, then it's americans like you who are messing up our nation.

but i don't think you are cause judging from the stuff you said, you have a pretty small amount of information about americans.

stay cool bro

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Personally I would not say the Average American is any more stupid than the average European.....

Now which one is more ignorant....that could be argued very well. Too many Americans can not even find Iraq on the map, you know.

Results of the teaching methods embraced by the unions in this country.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Personally I would not say the Average American is any more stupid than the average European.....

Now which one is more ignorant....that could be argued very well. Too many Americans can not even find Iraq on the map, you know.

Results of the teaching methods embraced by the unions in this country.

the thing is that most americans don't care and some are corporate brainwashed where they spend money and lots of it. most americans worries like when the next Xbob coming out or where the 17" flat screen TV comes our and stuff like that. corporations earn all the money. those ads on tv is killing us.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

most americans worries like when the next Xbob coming out or where the 17" flat screen TV comes our and stuff like that

You also fit france, germany, the UK, JAPAN, Australia, and many other countries into that statement.

I think that is because of the youth....todays youth everywhere are more PS2 and XBox and less cowboys and Indians.

And Many Adults worry about bills, loans, cars, school for kids and the truth is many cannot afford an Xbox or flatscreen TV.

But yeah...I agree with you...I just wanted to throw that in

[edit on 4/6/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The united states have, and that is undeniable, the lowest educational standards among western nations.

And I'll write it again :

The united states have, and that is undeniable, the lowest educational standards among western nations.

And again :

I suggest some of you repeat this sentence thrice in the morning and thrice in the evening, over a period of one week.

Then we shall move on to the second part of the tutorial : Why do the united states undeniably have the lowest educational standards among western nations ?

Consultations closed.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moretti

I suggest some of you repeat this sentence thrice in the morning and thrice in the evening, over a period of one week.

Ok you said it three times now prove it is fact with three independent sources.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Dito
Ditto
Consultations closed.

Facts please! As you are so sure about this stumping up with facts shouldn't be hard. I would be surprsied if this were correct to be honest. Might apply to various ethinic gruops (same in all countries in the modern world).

Repeat;

Facts please.

Repeat:

Facts please.

Question time open.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Three independent sources:

-NALS : 33% "level-1" literacy or below
-OECD final report on literacy: USA has the highest proportion of candidates scoring 200 and below among western nations
-Forschung's assessment based on personal expertise

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Three independent sources:

-NALS : 33% "level-1" literacy or below
-OECD final report on literacy: USA has the highest proportion of candidates scoring 200 and below among western nations
-Forschung's assessment based on personal expertise

That last one REALLY cracks me up. His personal expertise?????????????

Im American, and Im willing to bet my knowledge and IQ far outrank yours. judging by your posts and your apprant willingness to believe just about anything.

If Americans were so stupid, then why are we the only superpower? You dont become and hold onto such power by being a nation of complete idiots. Even cunning, sneaky, underhanded and treacherous behavior, plotting, and such, require very high levels of intelligence to compensate for lowered ethics and morality.

Judging by your posts, and by your standards, you sound like you have been educated in the American school system.

And Forschung, if he did not want to get bashed, should have thought his words out a bit more carefully instead of letting his mouth work proxy for his rear end.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join