It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longtime Texas Christian school teacher and co-worker fired after attending drag show

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

It was the men in dresses that got hysterical over men in dresses. Then they started trying to control language, walk all over women’s rights and sexualise our children. Fringe extremist perverts should not be influencing policy.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

originally posted by: putnam6
Im like Patrice Oneal I want to care and probably should care but I don't give a damn.

You work for a religious-affiliated school in today's environment, what kind of response did you expect

it seems like this was planned, can't believe this eventuality never crossed thier mind

The woman said it was just a show and they all had fun.

It doesn't seem to be a convincing point by the way. The school wasn't impressed at all.

That's because the school (or at least those who run it) are Christian in the same was a rhinoceros is a small type of sea urchin found only in the Arctic.

I certainly wouldn't want to work for such a bunch of small minded, fascist, bigots who clearly have never listened to the teachings of Christ!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

It is not about being religious in any way. The school corporation has to be seen to be 'Chriatian' because they want the money from the Christians even though it may be against their actual beliefs. The book says not to judge but clearly they are.

Much like it being more important to put up a sign saying this is a government improvement construction site than to actually do anything to get work done.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

Im like Patrice Oneal I want to care and probably should care but I don't give a damn.

You work for a religious-affiliated school in today's environment, what kind of response did you expect

it seems like this was planned, can't believe this eventuality never crossed thier mind

It doesn't seem to be a convincing point by the way. The school wasn't impressed at all.

That's because the school (or at least those who run it) are Christian in the same was a rhinoceros is a small type of sea urchin found only in the Arctic.

I certainly wouldn't want to work for such a bunch of small minded, fascist, bigots who clearly have never listened to the teachings of Christ!!!

That's right, they claim they follow Christ's teachings yet have that backdoor or special insight into God's plan which obviously states, somewhere in scripture, not to go to drag shows. Damn if I can find it anywhere.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Are you referring to the men in dresses as the common garment of the time 2000 years ago in the biblical reagon of the world? Women wore longer dresses and men wore shorter dresses. Pants were not a thing back then.

edit on 4-10-2023 by beyondknowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Christianity teaches to forgive sin, not embrace it.

“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.”

“And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day— just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.”

“Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality”

BTW I’m not a Christian!

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge2

What does 2000 years ago have to do with todays policy decisions.

Drag queens are men in dresses.

Context is important in debate.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Christianity teaches to forgive sin, not embrace it.

“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.”

“And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day— just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.”

“Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality”

BTW I’m not a Christian!

Those words were not spoken by Jesus but by man whose judgement back in those days were less than wise and forgiving of those who trespassed against their bigotry and bias.

The Baptist school chose to not forgive those two women for viewing a drag show and they didn't even give them a warning or a chance to redeem themselves back to the fold and follow their strict policies. So where are the true Christian values?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

It is good that you are not Christian for you have judges others mearly by their looks and the Christian books say not to do that. How do you know a man in a dress is homosexual? How do you know a man in pants is not?

I find it funny that being attracted to the same sex would lead one to dress as the opposite sex in order to attract one of your preferred sex. If a guy wants a guy that likes guys, then why would they dress like a woman when that is not attractive to the guys that they want?

And all those in the time of Jesus in that area wore dresses called togas or similar.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You miss the point that the Christian book refers to dressing by gender 2000 years ago and not today. Show me pants mentioned in the Bible?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   

This is debatable... drag queens have been around for a long time, I think you're confusing them with the trans gender bunch.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

It refers to dressing as the opposite of your sex. You don’t think a drag queen is dressing as opposite to their sex? The wig, fake boobs, stockings, suspenders, high hells, make-up and behaviour to me at least makes it pretty obvious and relevant.

Another one trying to convolute the argument using semantics.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

That's right, they claim they follow Christ's teachings yet have that backdoor or special insight into God's plan which obviously states, somewhere in scripture, not to go to drag shows. Damn if I can find it anywhere.

Christianity doesn't endorse sexual deviance and neither do all other Abrahamic Religions.

Drag queen shows are not very compatible with Christianity.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

This is debatable... drag queens have been around for a long time, I think you're confusing them with the trans gender bunch.

Yes, but still not very compatible with Christianity or even the two other Abrahamic Religions.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I don’t judge people, only God can.

I’m merely stating Christian beliefs and how they’re pertinent to this conversation as written in the bible.

Personally I don’t care what people get up to in the bedroom, it’s when perversion enters the classroom you’ll find me in the way.
edit on 4/10/23 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Christianity doesn't endorse sexual deviance and neither do all other Abrahamic Religions.

Drag queen shows are not very compatible with Christianity.

Tolerance and forgiveness does, yet they chose not to go that route, rather judgement and punishment.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Who are they? You stereotyping billions of people now? Oh, the irony.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It's a private school and they signed their contracts. Is the decision dumb and ridiculous? Yes. Are they within their right to terminate their employees for breaching their contract? Yes.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
It's a private school and they signed their contracts. Is the decision dumb and ridiculous? Yes. Are they within their right to terminate their employees for breaching their contract? Yes.

Both sides had different views as to how the contract was or was not breached. Is going to a drag show ungodly behaviour or is it just going to a show?
edit on q000000531031America/Chicago5252America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   

In the end it doesn't matter. Texas is an at-will state. The school could've fired them without giving a reason.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join