It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longtime Texas Christian school teacher and co-worker fired after attending drag show

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: DBCowboy

This T&C?

"I will act in a godly and moral fashion at work, on facebook and in my community."

"Godly" and "moral".

Discuss.

Drag queen shows are not godly or moral.
What's so difficult about this??

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

"Discuss"?

Not "moralise"?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Question.

Are Halloween parties "godly" or "moral"?

If she'd gone to one, should she be fired?

Or is it just men in frocks that gets you going?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Good. To many wolves in sheep's clothing messing with our kids

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   

"You do understand there are no drag queen shows and pride events in Iran and Saudi Arabia or Pakistan..."

Sounds like you are all in favour of that sort of thing?

Honestly hate to say it but they all have less moral decay than we do so hell....maybe we should mirror those countries

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

originally posted by: Muldar

originally posted by: putnam6
Im like Patrice Oneal I want to care and probably should care but I don't give a damn.

You work for a religious-affiliated school in today's environment, what kind of response did you expect

it seems like this was planned, can't believe this eventuality never crossed thier mind

The woman said it was just a show and they all had fun.

It doesn't seem to be a convincing point by the way. The school wasn't impressed at all.

That's because the school (or at least those who run it) are Christian in the same was a rhinoceros is a small type of sea urchin found only in the Arctic.

I certainly wouldn't want to work for such a bunch of small minded, fascist, bigots who clearly have never listened to the teachings of Christ!!!

That's right, they claim they follow Christ's teachings yet have that backdoor or special insight into God's plan which obviously states, somewhere in scripture, not to go to drag shows. Damn if I can find it anywhere.

Hang on. You should be on the side of the school. You are the one who keeps saying that social media companies can ban anyone they want, and if you don't like it you should go somewhere else.

What's it to be?
Can companies do what they want or not?
Or is it a case of woke companies can ban and sack and delete but anyone else can't?

Your viewpoints are all over the place.
I guess it's the woke can do whatever, others can't.
Right? Yeah...

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Muldar

originally posted by: putnam6
Im like Patrice Oneal I want to care and probably should care but I don't give a damn.

You work for a religious-affiliated school in today's environment, what kind of response did you expect

it seems like this was planned, can't believe this eventuality never crossed thier mind

The woman said it was just a show and they all had fun.

It doesn't seem to be a convincing point by the way. The school wasn't impressed at all.

That's because the school (or at least those who run it) are Christian in the same was a rhinoceros is a small type of sea urchin found only in the Arctic.

I certainly wouldn't want to work for such a bunch of small minded, fascist, bigots who clearly have never listened to the teachings of Christ!!!

That's right, they claim they follow Christ's teachings yet have that backdoor or special insight into God's plan which obviously states, somewhere in scripture, not to go to drag shows. Damn if I can find it anywhere.

Hang on. You should be on the side of the school. You are the one who keeps saying that social media companies can ban anyone they want, and if you don't like it you should go somewhere else.

What's it to be?
Can companies do what they want or not?
Or is it a case of woke companies can ban and sack and delete but anyone else can't?

Your viewpoints are all over the place.
I guess it's the woke can do whatever, others can't.
Right? Yeah...

Your comparisons are all over the place.

Church policies vs. corporate policies vs. online platforms. Church school is unregulated they can do what they want. Online platforms are unregulated, they can do what they want. Companies are regulated but if they claim anything on religious grounds, they can do whatever they want.
edit on q000000111031America/Chicago4444America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

The teacher broke the terms of conditions of employment.

Like many do here when they break the terms and conditions for posting.

It's fun though to see you argue on this.

It just shows you have an ideological bent that isn't based in reality or logic.

Amusing.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:16 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

- JC.

Were they going to stone the teacher to death, silly analogy

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The teacher broke the terms of conditions of employment.

Like many do here when they break the terms and conditions for posting.

It's fun though to see you argue on this.

It just shows you have an ideological bent that isn't based in reality or logic.

Amusing.

If the contract did not specifically state that drag shows are considered immoral and ungodly then it's interpretation and perspective and employees will be at the mercy of subjective judgement and not specifics.

The teachers were not engaging as drag show actors, they were spectators. Is observing what the school considers ungodly or immoral acts then make that observer ungodly and immoral?
edit on q000000181031America/Chicago3232America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

No.

Teaching of Christ, though.

So, there is that?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:19 PM
link   

No.

So, there is that?

The school administrators need some JC lessons it appears they forgot the forgiveness and tolerance, and judge ye not parts.

But it's probably more about money/tuition than anything else. Gotta keep the fanatics happy.
edit on q000000191031America/Chicago5050America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   

landoverbaptist.org...

Unsaved trash will burn in Hell.

Apparently.

Is satire, by the way.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Well don’t, isn’t that the whole point here
As for the teachings of Christ, not sure I would want to rely on your understanding of His teachings

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:24 PM
link   

landoverbaptist.org...

Unsaved trash will burn in Hell.

Apparently.

Is satire, by the way.

The Landover Baptist Church® is not intended for readers under 18 years of age.

I can see why and the under 18 years of age will then not be saved, I guess.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Of course.

Unsaved trash!

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   

No.

So, there is that?

There is that but, that’s all their is
Your comprehension of Christianity is flawed.
The teacher is a Christian at a Christian school, the school has biblical principles to dismiss her.
Christians are allowed to judge people, that’s biblical, it’s also common sense

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I see.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I see.

Bible Gateway Matthew 7 :: NIV. "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

Many don't really see the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join