It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longtime Texas Christian school teacher and co-worker fired after attending drag show

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Muldar

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

originally posted by: Muldar

originally posted by: putnam6
Im like Patrice Oneal I want to care and probably should care but I don't give a damn.

You work for a religious-affiliated school in today's environment, what kind of response did you expect

it seems like this was planned, can't believe this eventuality never crossed thier mind

The woman said it was just a show and they all had fun.

It doesn't seem to be a convincing point by the way. The school wasn't impressed at all.

That's because the school (or at least those who run it) are Christian in the same was a rhinoceros is a small type of sea urchin found only in the Arctic.

I certainly wouldn't want to work for such a bunch of small minded, fascist, bigots who clearly have never listened to the teachings of Christ!!!

That's right, they claim they follow Christ's teachings yet have that backdoor or special insight into God's plan which obviously states, somewhere in scripture, not to go to drag shows. Damn if I can find it anywhere.

Christianity doesn't endorse sexual deviance and neither do all other Abrahamic Religions.

Drag queen shows are not very compatible with Christianity.

Tolerance and forgiveness does, yet they chose not to go that route, rather judgement and punishment.

The student has been forgiven for attending these shows. I am sure about this.

But the school didn't really want to continue employing her after she was advertising her private life on FB.

It's a Christian School (and private by the way). Things could have been different if both the school and teacher sat down and discussed things. This may have not resulted in her dismissal.

But drag queen shows are not compatible with the way Christians see their religion.
edit on 4-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
a reply to: quintessentone

In the end it doesn't matter. Texas is an at-will state. The school could've fired them without giving a reason.

Yes, it appears they can discriminate at will.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

Drag shows?

How? Do Christians not go to the theater as well?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Pretty much. "Person that attends a drag show" is not a protected class. So they can't file a wrongful termination claim at the federal level and Texas doesn't care.
edit on 4-10-2023 by Threadbare because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: strongfp

How many of the students are her friends. Do you think parents who send their kids to a Christian school want their educators fraternising with drag queens at bars?

Harsh ye, but nothing compared to the woke mob and what they’ve been doing to anyone who even remotely resembles a conservative. How many people have been cancelled or fired for simply objecting to the ridiculous gender ideology or daring to embrace masculinity.

How many?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

It was the men in dresses that got hysterical over men in dresses. Then they started trying to control language, walk all over women’s rights and sexualise our children. Fringe extremist perverts should not be influencing policy.

Holy whine!

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Pretty much. "Person that attends a drag show" is not a protected class. So they can't come a wrongful termination claim at the federal level and Texas doesn't care.

Still very unJesus-like behaviour by the school administrators.
edit on q000000271031America/Chicago4747America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Drag shows?

How? Do Christians not go to the theater as well?

Far from being a theatre.
Do Christians go to pride events? I am sure some of them do but pride events are not very compatible with Christianity and the way Christians see their religion.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Pretty much. "Person that attends a drag show" is not a protected class. So they can't come a wrongful termination claim at the federal level and Texas doesn't care.

Still very unJesus-like behaviour by the school administrators.

Nope!
You don't know whether Jesus would have liked drag queen shows and pride events if he was living in the 21st century.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

"Of all religions, the Christian should of course inspire the most tolerance, but until now Christians have been the most intolerant of all men."

Voltaire

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The Christian school made the right decision.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"Of all religions, the Christian should of course inspire the most tolerance, but until now Christians have been the most intolerant of all men."

Voltaire

Absolutely, right on!

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   

FAFO

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I had to look that up!

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Panto? Anyone offended by that?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Raggedyman

Going to a drag show off the clock means you can't be a Christian?

She wasn't excommunicated, she was fired from her job.

Private school (company), their rules... right?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Voltaire

Do you really think that in our days Christians are the most intolerant? You need to take a look at what happens in the middle East, nearby areas, Africa, and Asia.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Me?

Was Voltaire.

Ever heard of the Spanish Inquisition? The Crusades? And so on

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Me?

Was Voltaire.

Ever heard of the Spanish Inquisition? The Crusades? And so on

Let me repeat the question

Do you really think that in our days Christians are the most intolerant? You need to take a look at what happens in the middle East, nearby areas, Africa, and Asia.

You do understand there are no drag queen shows and pride events in Iran and Saudi Arabia or Pakistan...

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Another quote for you:

"Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes."

- Voltaire.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join