It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical farming devastating to human health.

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 12 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The problem is that just regarding the Neonicotinoids produced by Beyer which have decimated the Bee population and have damaged ecosystems. They knew back in 2000 that it was bad, but they went ahead and used junk science on junk politicians. Then along with the rise of Parkinson's in Men and Alzheimer's in Women,, add in the rising cancer rates and Autism along with a general feeling of malaise affecting many populations. Are we dealing with an event that can be graphicly dated by the increase of said dysfunctions?
I think we have a very serious problem, and if left unchecked will eventually render a society so labored down by infirmity it will have ceased to functionally exist.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think the possibility of the chemicals used on our foods has way more possible impact on increasing autism than some of the vaccines they blame it on. Remember, they have this practice of starting rumors that certain medicines cause a specific disease in one group of people who rarely ever get prescribed the medicine. When in fact the severe side effects usually are completely different...hiding things in plain site. The same goes for chemicals used on foods, glyphosate causes a lot of chronic health issues but you keep seeing only lawsuits dealing with a specific cancer or condition that is extremely rare and or the company can fight it easy in court and prove ninety nine percent of them are not related to their chemical.

The glycine in glyphosate does actually break down but remnants of the glyphosate wind up in collagen in the muscles, cartilage, and bones of the body, and also the collegan in the gut and circulatory system. That remnant can cause a weakened bond of the glycine, leading to weaker everything. That info is hard to find in research but I did find evidence of it. No scientific research institute wants to go up against Monsanto or Bayer. They hire some real agressive lawyers at Monsanto that will use intimidation and threats to help the company.

Now, I have a choice, I choose to not consume much of the foods that contain glyphosate residue. I won't badmouth the company, only explain how they work and get around the laws. They have brainwashed lots of farmers into believing their product is safe when all evidence collected about safety was done on about one tenth of the amount that is now in people's diets.

Pesticides are not bound to glycine, so they have different properties and cause increased incidents of different conditions or diseases. The fact that they keep upping allowable amounts of these things is troubling, everyone can usually detox a little, but increasing the amount in foods can overload people's metabolisms resulting in multiple possible diseases forming.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I've a notion that most scientists are like lawyers. Them sluts will do anything for money & gadgets.

When they're not happily keeping public technology behind the real science so as to build weapons of war, they're willy-nilly tampering with nature with little to no regard for "blowback."

Next up (already in motion for awhile now but secretly) Bill Gates blocks the Sun. What can go wrong?

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

If a person is suffering from a malaise, that is the thing that is concerning the particular individual during every waking moment. It has an effect on thinking and mental health, probably even before the particular malaise is even identified. In short, they are preoccupied. So we have preoccupied people making decisions which are ill-conceived now affecting many millions of people. The politicians are just the stool pigeons that get paid well but will ultimately have to take the blame. perhaps they didn't realize that they breathe the same air as everybody else.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

That was very sobering. Man...🤦🏾‍♂️

We really have our work cut out for us repairing the damage. We are very sickly as a nation and world.

The socio-economic and political divisions created pit us against ourselves while the corporations poison us to death.

Either way, those that conspire to reduce our numbers win.

I don't know about all this nuance "privilege" nonsense here lately, but if you are knowingly profiting off the slow deaths of people whom consume your poisons, and you can sit down at your table and consume better foods than those people can access, THAT'S THE KIND OF PRIVILEGE(S) WE NEED TO ADDRESS.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This is critical information we need to spread far and wide. Understanding the basics of our food and it's effects on our bodies should be common knowledge but the advent of the "green revolution" has destroyed our soil, water and sources of nourishment. Like pharmaceuticals chemical fertilizers and weed killers are creations of the oil industry tinkering and subsequent marketing. Once you understand the complete cycle of life between us and the soil you see that oil doesn't belong nor do these industries.

We did farming right for thousands of years, there is no reason we cannot go back. Yes, it will require increased manpower and horsepower but it would solve unemployment. We must restore the soil with organic practices and create communal farms where the unemployed can work, have a place to live and contribute to society.
edit on 12-5-2021 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:48 PM
link   

About three years ago, my eldest son passed away from cancer, after a long and torturous five year fight.

During this time, there was much soul searching as to what may have caused the cancer as it was an exceptionally rare form and it appears to be neither genetic, nor the kind of thing that had any obvious cause.

I did, however, notice and consider all the events in his life (that I knew about) that may potentially have been a 'cause' and I realized that there are so many carcinogens that are unnecessarily in our environment.

Cigarettes aren't the only issue, Alcohol is a major carcinogen. As are a number of illegal and prescribed drugs. As are many chemicals that are pervasive in our modern environment. Pthalates to soften plastics. The fuel we put into our cars and therefore spread into the atmosphere. The stuff we spray on crops (pesticides, fertilizers and hormones - for instance, did you know that they treat many types of plant produce, with hormones that are dangerous to humans, to make it fruit more frequently and abundantly?) and stuff to 'treat' and drench our livestock with.

We know, on a variable scale, how carcinogenic these substances are, but yet, there is no concerted effort to remove these from the daily contact with people. In many instances, there are alternatives that are safer, but there is no-one whose role it is to police such things, and so we are surrounded by potentially dangerous substances almost continually, and the cancer carnage continues.

edit on 12/5/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   
No mention of chemtrails to complete the cocktail? We are getting bombarded from all angles.a reply to: anonentity

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   

You are literally the things you eat. Your body is made out of the things you put inside yourself. Every cell in your body is literally created from the food you eat. If the food you eat is chemical or pesticide laden or processed garbage...well...that's what your cells and therefore, you, will be.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Now Im glad it doesnt rain too much here. I practice Organic, non GMO, and Heirloom gardening on a 1/4 acre lot. Another thing we do is massive composting, and living soil, rarely tilling at all. I filter the water through carbon.

I thought I had a pretty good idea of what was going on due to round up, but its far worse then I thought.

In the late 60's I remember being at Disneyland, waiting to go on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. There was a very large built in advertisement thing next to the ride. It was Monsanto! I remember looking at it, ( you couldnt miss it) and thinking, " what is that doing here"? It was so out of place.

Personally, I believe it was done intentionally, and I think if you performed an in depth investigation into Monsanto, and who the hidden players are; it would absolutely blow our minds. Just like this video.

Dementia................ Need I say anymore?

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Willful ignorance.................................

I live in the country. They sprayed crops and they went from green to yellow overnight and people believed the excuse that they were sowing winter crops.....

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Our little lake in central Mich is surrounded by small farms, and the run-off is getting worse every year. The green algae bloom this spring is the worst ever. And the MDNR says the farms are too small to regulate. Last year I caught some bass with very nasty lesions and eye problems and the frog population is almost nil. Turtles are still plentiful as are water snakes.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Firstly, awesome post. Thank you. S+ F

Probably will comment more in an edit after watching the clip but immediately was remindes of the NOVA episode i watched last night RE: infertility.

Some of the statistics mentioned in the show last night were truly disturbing. In my opinion moreso because we dont really know why or what is happening. One stat specifically that really hit me, was the decreased amount of viable sperm present in the younger generation vs 40 years ago. Right now men in the U.S specifically have less than HALF the amount of viable sperm that our grandfathers had just several generstions back. Its not just that sperm itself is missing , but the sperm we do produce has a astronomically higher rate of being either misshapen or lacks the ability to "swim" efficiently. Infertility is a massive problem, with current stats showing 1 in 8 couples unable to conceive a child naturally, and that stat possibly being as high as 1 in 4 due to undercounting.

Even just 1 in 8... That is.. An insanely high amount when one really thinks of it. Now they didnt really go into the causes, of which there are likely many, however it waz highlighted that this id a drastic change in a disturbingly short amount of time. Less than 40 years, and potentially half of the U.S could verywell be unable to conceive a child without the use of IVF. The short timespan all but completely rules out that this is some type of evolutionary chanhe or natural sucession, and points directly at environmental factors of some kind. Whole PCBs from soft plastics were mentioned due to the ability to disrupt the endocrine system... The show itself focused more on what IVF is vs exploring the causes.

Its also not limited just to the u s

Combine this with the info from recent census data from multiple countries showing declining birth rate across the board and a very disturbing picture begins to unfold.

My immediate thougyt was the advancement of the very subject your OP is about.

Granted it may not be related at ALL but, the fact that we still dont know how some or most of these chemicals affect us and it shouldnt be hard to see my jump in logic

Theres a quote from a scientisr who studied the lingering effects of pharmaceuticals in waste water that arent filteted out that im often reminded of. Something to the effect of "we dont see chemicals with the eye, so its out of sight and out if mind... But the danger is that these chemicals become concentrated andwill come back to haunt us in perverse ways we still cant comprehend".

Its becoming more and more clear the disastrous effects many are having on other species, its only a matter of time in my opinion before we realize how much weve screwed ourselves and future generations.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

Yes the microplastic seems to be getting into just about everything, they blame plastic bags, but most of our clothes are now polymers, which probably shed as we wear them.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I would argue that any society that embraces a pseudo-Luddite philosophy at the national scale is doomed to failure.

Within years, it will be outpaced by other nations and within a generation or two, would likely collapse from competition with nations that drastically outproduce them and outcompete them on every metric.

I do believe there is space for it, but absolutely not as an actual general policy or philosophy.

I believe all this can be done at the individual household level anyway, which would not only reduce (or eliminate) the vast majority of these issues.. but also set up that region/nation for success in the future.

The first nation to figure out how to deploy modern tools like automation properly will become the primary superpower.. Perhaps even to the extent of subsuming the rest of the world. Whether this is done through centralized or decentralized means is largely irrelevant to this aspect.

Though, I would certainly prefer decentralized and would expect that, all else being equal, a nation that decentralizes their automation will have very, very significant advantages over one that uses centralized implementations.

All the same, what has essentially become a poisoned civilization is a serious issue. The current path of continuing to cede everything to the same folks that are (largely) responsible for the poisoning is probably a bad idea.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing that rather disturbing video and think it should be mandatory viewing for everyone (especially in schools).

Considering Monsanto's merger with Bayer and their close connections to Bill Gates (and the Rockefellers) then not good news they now control a quarter of the world’s food supply.

On reasons why this will be allowed to continue then thought there were some relevant Venn diagrams here (especially the Monsanto one).

top topics

join