It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Bad analogy imo,i dont think God cares one iota for politians and the like,but FEAR? you only need to fear Him and not what other`s say you should fear.

This is exactly my point. GOD doesn't give a hoot about politicians. However, he does give a hoot when one segment of society uses another segment to instill FEAR about the other. Then to have the segment instilling fear to act like they have some sort of inside track on GOD is really quite an interesting paradox. Not a bad analogy at all.

Christianity teaches the FEAR of GOD. There is no need to FEAR GOD.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
This fact appears not to apply to me. Sorry, but I wasn't a Bible-fed child (though it might've helped me figure out what was happening later on).

so why then do you believe biblical myths if you only knew about them from adulthood. or perhaps, do you not literally believe there was a talking snake?

I think this is an excellent point...and the buck stops here. My kid has never believed santa exists, and yes, she is normal. She still gets presents and is equally happy ripping them open with Mom & Dad listed as the gift-giver.

i wasn't trying to point out that all kids believe in santa claus. i was pointing out that believing in a fat man in a white and red suit, with flying magic randeer, delivering presents and coming down your chimney was merely as believable as a myth like noah's ark or adam & eve.

Though I'd like to hear it, I'll throw in my 2 cents. Santa never did anything for me. God gave me eternal life (as well as a rescue from self-destruction). It's that simple, really.

well if you ever see an adult dress up in a santa costume and see the look on children's faces, then maybe you'd change your mind. and that's just someone's parent dressing up in a lame costume that brings happiness, which also keeps the santa myth alive for children by having something physical. ofcourse when you're older you know it was just your dad or your uncle in a costume but it doesn't take away the happy memories. there's no harm in believing in santa when you're a kid, but as an adult you know it's just a story and myth that holds no truth whatsoever.

I don't think the bedtime story of Santa was ever represented as truth from adult to adult. If you're saying that Santa is a conspiracy against children, I'll agree.

ofcourse it's not represented as truth from adult to adult. but have you ever heard some parents say 'be good or santa won't bring you any presents'. it's like an ultimatum...be good or else. the same as believe in jesus and you will be saved, otherwise you go to hell...believe in santa and you will get presents. it's that same age old be good and recieve something in return.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
so why then do you believe biblical myths if you only knew about them from adulthood. or perhaps, do you not literally believe there was a talking snake?

In meeting the devil, and coming to know God, my understanding of possible vs. impossible was redefined. Jesus said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26) and found this to be the case. I have found though that God is consistent, which is nice because it's hard to hold to a standard that changes.

i wasn't trying to point out that all kids believe in santa claus. i was pointing out that believing in a fat man in a white and red suit, with flying magic randeer, delivering presents and coming down your chimney was merely as believable as a myth like noah's ark or adam & eve.

I believe most people would have to experience God in order to accept noah's ark and adam & eve.

well if you ever see an adult dress up in a santa costume and see the look on children's faces, then maybe you'd change your mind. and that's just someone's parent dressing up in a lame costume that brings happiness, which also keeps the santa myth alive for children by having something physical. ofcourse when you're older you know it was just your dad or your uncle in a costume but it doesn't take away the happy memories.

There are no "parents" for adults to dress up as God to fool us.

there's no harm in believing in santa when you're a kid,

Actually there is, and you've made that point quite clear here.

but as an adult you know it's just a story and myth that holds no truth whatsoever.

There's that point again. If you lie to your kids, how can they know when you're telling the truth?

ofcourse it's not represented as truth from adult to adult. but have you ever heard some parents say 'be good or santa won't bring you any presents'. it's like an ultimatum...be good or else. the same as believe in jesus and you will be saved, otherwise you go to hell...believe in santa and you will get presents. it's that same age old be good and recieve something in return.

Actually salvation is not determined by what you do. Sorry, but no amount of deeds will buy a person way into heaven. That DOES sounds like a myth, 'cause that ain't what the Book they're carrying says.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

There are no "parents" for adults to dress up as God to fool us.

they're not parents...they have a different names...'vicars' 'bishops' 'priest' 'the pope'...they do all the dressing up.

Actually there is, and you've made that point quite clear here.

maybe in the same way as children hold on to santa, adults and children also try to hold on to god however mythical it might sound.

There's that point again. If you lie to your kids, how can they know when you're telling the truth?

because the whole world is built on lies. simple lies like if you watch too much tv your eyes will go square. if you don't eat your vegetables you won't get any presents from santa. if you stare at the computer screen too much you'll go blind. what people are trying to do when they tell you this is to make you do 'more' of something like eat more vegetables, or do less of something like watch less tv. i don't think it's harmed me too much being told these little white lies, because i grow up and realise adults were just trying to do what was best for me. however, when christians grow up they grow up to carry on believing in 'lies' and 'fabrications' that the church fathers created. but, no one questions that, because if you question the bible, you're anti-religious...well i'm questioning it.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

they're not parents...they have a different names...'vicars' 'bishops' 'priest' 'the pope'...they do all the dressing up.

Sorry to hear people see these people in a parenting role. I go God and the Book. These days, I'll hang with a pastor for 1 1/2 hours Sunday morning who will point out some things I've read and give advice, but he not mah daddy.

maybe in the same way as children hold on to santa, adults and children also try to hold on to god however mythical it might sound.

It's valueless without an actual relationship.

because the whole world is built on lies. simple lies like if you watch too much tv your eyes will go square. if you don't eat your vegetables you won't get any presents from santa.

Again, it doesn't have to be that way. If/when we're parents, we should be strong enough to suck it up and tell the truth instead of building card houses to get through the moment or force obedience.

if you stare at the computer screen too much you'll go blind.

Actually my spouse acquired short-sightedness for too much computer screen time during the day...or so the doctor said.

what people are trying to do when they tell you this is to make you do 'more' of something like eat more vegetables, or do less of something like watch less tv. i don't think it's harmed me too much being told these little white lies, because i grow up and realise adults were just trying to do what was best for me. however, when christians grow up they grow up to carry on believing in 'lies' and 'fabrications' that the church fathers created. but, no one questions that, because if you question the bible, you're anti-religious...

I disagree. I'm Christian and still have questions on the Bible.

well i'm questioning it.

I think that's good! It has some very important answers. Keeping in mind though, that God isn't something that came and went. He's not ink in a book. Therefore do not limit the search for answers to just the Book. I'm the type of person who likes to go right to the source to find answers instead of beating around the bush. How about you?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Sorry to hear people see these people in a parenting role. I go God and the Book. These days, I'll hang with a pastor for 1 1/2 hours Sunday morning who will point out some things I've read and give advice, but he not mah daddy.

but they are the parents of the church. they're the people, as you say, you go for advice and help. they might not literally be your 'daddy', but it's nice to know they are there. the same as god is always there. perhaps furthering why people would be part of the church as god and the church parents are always there, for some people that's more than their actual parents would ever be in their lives. so maybe they're not looking for god or jesus, but just someone who is there in their lives to help them, whether that's a physical or spiritual person then so be it.

Again, it doesn't have to be that way. If/when we're parents, we should be strong enough to suck it up and tell the truth instead of building card houses to get through the moment or force obedience.

i guess your 'daughter' (i'm sure it was daughter), was the one at school who told the other kids santa didn't exist. in fact they probably would have laughed it off, saying 'he is true, my mummy says so'. i understand where you're coming from. as i'm not a parent myself maybe i'll find out more sometime in the future. but i know that however little a lie might be, if you tell it to your children, how in the world can you ever tell them lying is wrong. you're supposed to set examples. but what you do by making small lies, is teaching your children how to lie, which is actually a very twisted part of growing up nowadays. children from a young age learn to lie. such as, mum: 'did you eat one of those cookies'... son: 'no...' just simple lies, nothing like a story to back up why they didn't eat, but soon they'll have the stories to go with their lies until they are adults who can lie almost perfectly. so i'm sure somehow parent's lying, however small they may be, possibly have an affect on their children lying.

Actually my spouse acquired short-sightedness for too much computer screen time during the day...or so the doctor said.

so sometimes i guess parents are telling the truth, even though they just wanted you to spend less time infront of the tv or computer. i do actually have trouble reading from a distance, sure hope that's not my short-sightedness.

I disagree. I'm Christian and still have questions on the Bible.

i think there's no point in your life when you wouldn't have a question about the bible. do you believe that when egyptians mummified their dead, put them in a tomb, that they then went to the afterlife? because that is what they truly believed, afterall they built perhaps the greatest monuments of time to house some of the most important people who died. yet, today their belief system is very much dead, and taught as ancient history. but, to the egyptians it was all so real. the same as your beliefs in christianity are all so real today. the question is, at what point in time will christianity be taught in the same way the ancient greek or egyptian gods are taught? i think it's not if, but when, it is most certainly an inevitable outcome. the only way this wouldn't happen is jesus coming back...so he better get his skates on.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Sorry, I've been too busy to persecute you lately, I've been busy masterminding other conspiracies.

Back on topic...

So, anyone given up Christianity yet or do we need to turn the screws a little more? I suspect this outcry continues to be the last gasps of Christianity. Death throes and all that.

I seriously doubt the vast conspiracy against Christianity has actually emboldened or deepened anyone's faith? Right? No, you're all about to quit any minute now I'm sure.

Oh and I totally understand if today's anti-Christian environment precludes anyone from admitting they're Christian. So no worries. Your deep, dark secret is safe with me. Wouldn't want to ruin anyone's chances of running for leader of the free world or anything.

Back to the shadow's with you then! I think I hear a Jew coming.

[edit on 2-10-2005 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Oh and I totally understand if today's anti-Christian environment precludes anyone from admitting they're Christian. So no worries. Your deep, dark secret is safe with me. Wouldn't want to ruin anyone's chances of running for leader of the free world or anything.

I have to laugh everytime I hear that expression. The sheep are too busy being fleeced to even recognize the contradiction of terms.

But you're right that the very premise of this thread is a joke. Christianity has historcially spread by force. Now that the threat of violence is subsiding, it's finally startng to collapsing from its own absurdity, not because of some vast anti-Christian conspiracy. It's only very recently (from a historic perspective) that it was even possible to voice heresy in the open without legal consequences. But even today it takes guts to openly admit that you think Christianity is stupid. You're likely to get pummeled or your home/car vandalized by the "righteous".

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

but they are the parents of the church. they're the people, as you say, you go for advice and help. they might not literally be your 'daddy', but it's nice to know they are there. the same as god is always there. perhaps furthering why people would be part of the church as god and the church parents are always there, for some people that's more than their actual parents would ever be in their lives. so maybe they're not looking for god or jesus, but just someone who is there in their lives to help them, whether that's a physical or spiritual person then so be it.

That's weird. I mean, I guess that could happen, but haven't experienced this myself. God is the only Father I really needed spiritually.

i guess your 'daughter' (i'm sure it was daughter), was the one at school who told the other kids santa didn't exist.

Hehe, I taught her to respect the beliefs of others. Right after she got her answer, I said, "now it's not for you to tell other people what they should and shouldn't believe. They have their parents who are responsible for answering their questions.

in fact they probably would have laughed it off, saying 'he is true, my mummy says so'. i understand where you're coming from. as i'm not a parent myself maybe i'll find out more sometime in the future. but i know that however little a lie might be, if you tell it to your children, how in the world can you ever tell them lying is wrong.

Exactly!

you're supposed to set examples. but what you do by making small lies, is teaching your children how to lie, which is actually a very twisted part of growing up nowadays. children from a young age learn to lie. such as, mum: 'did you eat one of those cookies'... son: 'no...' just simple lies, nothing like a story to back up why they didn't eat, but soon they'll have the stories to go with their lies until they are adults who can lie almost perfectly. so i'm sure somehow parent's lying, however small they may be, possibly have an affect on their children lying.

You speak wisely sir. *chinese bow*

so sometimes i guess parents are telling the truth, even though they just wanted you to spend less time infront of the tv or computer.

I guess if one fires enough shots, they're bound to hit a target sometime. Why can't a parent just say, "You've spent too much time in front of the computer/tv. Please turn it off for a while. You can go back to it later/tomorrow." ?

i do actually have trouble reading from a distance, sure hope that's not my short-sightedness.

Doc could probably tell. My spouse spend over 12 hours a day on there for a few years.

i think there's no point in your life when you wouldn't have a question about the bible.

Woot.

do you believe that when egyptians mummified their dead, put them in a tomb, that they then went to the afterlife?

Hm... I'm thinking they are going to an afterlife. How each one will judged beyond their deeds, I do not know. It looks like a very uphill trial though, given mankind's nature.

because that is what they truly believed, afterall they built perhaps the greatest monuments of time to house some of the most important people who died. yet, today their belief system is very much dead, and taught as ancient history. but, to the egyptians it was all so real. the same as your beliefs in christianity are all so real today. the question is, at what point in time will christianity be taught in the same way the ancient greek or egyptian gods are taught?

I don't know how that would affects either of us. All that matters is what's true.

i think it's not if, but when, it is most certainly an inevitable outcome. the only way this wouldn't happen is jesus coming back...so he better get his skates on.

It sounds to me like most of the world will already be 'lost' by the time that return happens. So, I suppose there will be a waning, then before it disappears from the hearts and minds of mankind, then his return would occur. That's just speculation and deduction from Revelation since, "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Matthew 24:36

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The anti-Christian sentiment that is expressed by all the groups with differing beliefs about reality is very blatant. If it were a real conspiracy, I would not expect to see so much obvious critical commentary. In any area of life, it is common to see that the group perceived to be at or near the top of the ladder gets the most attention. It was explained to me once that the higher one goes up the ladder, the more of their rear end is exposed. If it comes to pass that atheists one day appear to be the group in charge, then they will become the new targets of all the attacks. Being criticized is by no means something Christianity endures alone. There is no group immune to accusations, and no group is the exclusive target being attacked. It may appear that Christianity gets more negative press merely because they are the biggest target. You never hear about people criticizing Zoroastrianism for the same reason.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I guess if one fires enough shots, they're bound to hit a target sometime. Why can't a parent just say, "You've spent too much time in front of the computer/tv. Please turn it off for a while. You can go back to it later/tomorrow."?

that would make sense. trying to remember what my mum would say if i was ever watching tv too much or playing the computer. i probably wasn't on much, just when i got home from school for an hour or so, but most of the time i'd be outside anyways. that's maybe the problem, that kids just aren't outside enough today. i grew up right at the point where computer consoles were big, started of with nes, snes, n64 and so on. however, that didn't really stop me from wanting to go out. the problem today is that these consoles take over kids lives, and we're breeding a load of obese diabetic kids

I don't know how that would affects either of us. All that matters is what's true.

true. but, christianity is 'true' today, like the egyptian gods were 'true' yesterday. what's 'true' tomorrow...we will have to wait and see.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

that would make sense. trying to remember what my mum would say if i was ever watching tv too much or playing the computer. i probably wasn't on much, just when i got home from school for an hour or so, but most of the time i'd be outside anyways. that's maybe the problem, that kids just aren't outside enough today. i grew up right at the point where computer consoles were big, started of with nes, snes, n64 and so on. however, that didn't really stop me from wanting to go out. the problem today is that these consoles take over kids lives, and we're breeding a load of obese diabetic kids

My mom did say "get outside and play!" and I usually answered, "But there's nothing to do, it's so boooorrrrring." She'd call me by my full name, tell me to get off the game or tv, and do it. So, I did begrugingly. Interestingly enough in my early teens I was an obese diabetic kid. Well, not diabetic really, but did eat too many snack foods and candy bars.

So there ya have it folks, from both sides of the fence. Get your kids outside as much as you can, it'll do them a lot of good.

true. but, christianity is 'true' today, like the egyptian gods were 'true' yesterday.

Were they? I've not read many accounts of egyptians having a personal relationship with their gods. Not saying I'm well read in the topic as I could be though. I'd be intersted in what their gods had to say. Greek mythology though, I have heard what they said. None of it is "good", and all seemed to be by famous playwrights who seemed to be more intersted in writing an entertainment piece than scripture. Also, for some reason, these very seem Greeks found truth in Jesus' teachings and abandoned those beliefs. Were they forced to?

what's 'true' tomorrow...we will have to wait and see.

No problem. I'll check back with ya tomorrow

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

My mom did say "get outside and play!" and I usually answered, "But there's nothing to do, it's so boooorrrrring." She'd call me by my full name, tell me to get off the game or tv, and do it. So, I did begrugingly. Interestingly enough in my early teens I was an obese diabetic kid. Well, not diabetic really, but did eat too many snack foods and candy bars.

So there ya have it folks, from both sides of the fence. Get your kids outside as much as you can, it'll do them a lot of good.

Reminds me of my oldest son. Grew up playing on the computer. Mocked at school because of weight(300lbs) Went into deep depression.

However, he rallied and lost all of his weight. He has now graduated from college, is now attending police officer training school, and is now a svelte 210lbs of muscle.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
Reminds me of my oldest son. Grew up playing on the computer. Mocked at school because of weight(300lbs) Went into deep depression.

Sounds familiar. I gained 40 lbs and couldn't even run to the refrigerator in a race to the last candy bar without being deeply winded. It does take its toll self-esteem wise.

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
However, he rallied and lost all of his weight. He has now graduated from college, is now attending police officer training school, and is now a svelte 210lbs of muscle.

Excellent story of victory
, glad you could share that. For me, it wasn't until 5 years ago when I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I cut saturated fats from my diet down to about or under 20% daily allowance per meal (as I learned about these thing in all the biology classes) and exercised 15 minutes of cardio everyday. Lost for 40 lbs, kept them off and joined Kung-Fu 2 years ago. Looks like the FDA was right about diet and exercise.

One of the benefits of having oneself in order is it gives a person more time and thought towards being with and helping other people in general. There's not that self-esteem hit that inhibits doing group or social activities.

Now that mass of muscle part...still working on that

[edit on 4-10-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Your thoughts?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Your thoughts?

My thought is these church leaders have yet to define the word "oops!" until now. They've certainly opened a floodgate to, "what parts are true?" vs. "what parts aren't true?" followed by "how do you know?" and if "this part is not true, then how can you believe that part is?" I hope they're ready for these questions with viable answers.

HOWEVER, from what I've understood from a former Catholic school attendee, about 50 years ago that's how it was taught to them anyway. Now, it's just formalized in this article to say that there's a mix of fiction and non-fiction. I don't think this is the case. God didn't tell us which molecules he mixed together to make Adam and Eve, but that doesn't negate them as the first test subjects.

In addition, this is not the first time the Catholic Church has integrated current beliefs/culture in order to grow the church. Though it has been successful in the past, but I disagree with the practice.

Hold up! I'm not trying to split churches. Believe me, there's some questions and disagreements I have with my current church leadership, so I'm not being partial nor meaning to divide by any means. If you are John 3:16, I'll see ya in heaven and this piddly politicking and decisioning on the right way to teach won't make a lick of difference
. This weekend I'll have the opportunity to go to an "inquirer's weekend" which is a question and answer forum for people who want to know more about what the church thinks regarding many situations like these. I'm sure I'll discover some new things, and perhaps my views on the best way to teach will change.

I don't think the "religious right" as implied by the article meant the Catholic church, rather what a lot of people like to label-slap as "neo-cons" which seemed to be more associated with some Protestants. Personally I'd have to correct someone who called me a neo-con, as nothing I believe is that new and I don't care for an entire political party's beliefs.

Thank you shauny for opening that up in an unbiased way, and I'm honoured to be among the table when thoughts were asked. Now that I've shared my bias, perhaps you'd like to toss in yours?

[edit on 5-10-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

The Catholic bishops of England, Wales and Scotland are warning their five million worshippers, as well as any others drawn to the study of scripture, that they should not expect “total accuracy” from the Bible.

5 million worshippers, makes me think they're not doing this to get more people inside their doors. That's quite a number of faithful catholics. If they are, then it makes them greedy...and we all know what that is.

''They should not expect total accuracy'', then how much accuracy should they expect? is the bible 95% accurate, 5% accurate...or even 0%.

Some Christians want a literal interpretation of the story of creation, as told in Genesis, taught alongside Darwin’s theory of evolution in schools, believing “intelligent design” to be an equally plausible theory of how the world began.

If the church themselves are now teaching that parts of the bible are innacurate, then genesis is no closer to being taught along-side evolution, as an alternative theory, in science or any other subject. The article even goes on to say that the church doesn't think that genesis is historically accurate.

I'm not really sure to think of it, for people over 2000 years have taken the whole bible as truth, but now to say 'sorry guys, some of it might not be true. yeah even genesis probably isn't historically accurate'.

To me it just seems like maybe the bible is only 5% accurate. I never believed or trusted in the bible before hand...this won't enthuse people to pick up the bible for the first time. if anything it will push people away.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

''They should not expect total accuracy'', then how much accuracy should they expect? is the bible 95% accurate, 5% accurate...or even 0%.

This is the whole reason Bible idolaters who think about it end up as inerrantists or atheists. If you accept that there are errors in the Bible, then you have no way of knowing where lies end and truth begins. Liberal Christians sidestep this by just making up whatever they want to believe and claiming faith and "personal experience" as their justification.

The orthodox churches sidestep it, because they claim the church itself as god's authority on earth rather than the Bible.

Bible-centric sects end up following the unbiblical inerrancy doctrine not because 2 Timothy proves the Bible inerrant, but because the admission of any error calls into question the entire meme if the Bible is the final authority.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Ok, Saint, you asked for it...

New Federal Hate Bill Means Funeral of Free Speech

Rev. Ted Pike | September 28 2005

On Sept. 14, the US House of Representatives passed, 223-199, the ominous federal “anti-hate” bill, the Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2005. It was inserted as AMDT.2662 into the Children’s Safety Act. If approved unaltered by the senate judiciary, this legislation is ready for the President to sign into law.

Here is a summary of what the bill would make law:

Although AMDT.2662 ostensibly empowers the government to assist states in prosecution of violent hate crimes, its actual effect will be much more far-reaching. AMDT.2662 will lead to enforcement of the working definitions of “hate” and “hate crimes” which are enforced by the many “anti-hate” bureaucracies in countries throughout the western industrialized world. In such countries, it is now a “hate crime” to criticize members of federally protected groups such as Jews and homosexuals. Utilizing such definitions, “hate crime” indictments have been made or are currently being pursued by Canada, England, Sweden, Germany, Italy, Australia and New Zealand. AMDT.2662 builds a foundation for a “hate crimes” bureaucracy in America, also ending free speech.

Here are some of the specially protected groups which AMDT.2662 defends:

Homosexuals. Any public criticism of homosexuals will soon be considered a hate crime, just as it was for 11 Christians under the Pennsylvania hate crime law on Oct. 10, 2004. These Christians were arrested as “hate criminals” for preaching during a huge “gay pride” rally and faced 47 years in prison and $80,000 fines each.

Women. A woman who claims her boyfriend used a sexist word against her and raped her the last time they had sex, can press charges for a “hate crime” of rape. Punishment will triple the usual penalty, about 30 years in prison.

Jews. Already the Dept. of Global Anti-semitism, being established in the US State Dept., makes it “anti-semitic” to express “strong anti-Israel sentiment” against Israel or its leaders. It also says upholding the New Testament charge that Jews killed Christ is “anti-semitic.” Under “anti-hate” laws in Canada and Europe, such statements are “hate crimes” punishable by harsh fines and imprisonment.

AMDT.2662 will hasten such anti-Christianity in America as well

(Source: prisonplanet.com)

...and, for the religious angle...

U.S. State Department Says New Testament is Anti-Semitic?

So, there you go, Mr. "'Truthfinda' is making this up." I LOVE how you totally disregarded the meat of my post and focused on how I'm going to laugh when y'all realize the truth. What a shame. Must feel good to practice doublethink while you accuse others of perpetrating a conspiracy against you, all the while blinding yourself to the REAL conspirators...

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Ok, Saint, you asked for it...

Erm, what'd I ask for again?

Homosexuals. Any public criticism of homosexuals will soon be considered a hate crime, just as it was for 11 Christians under the Pennsylvania hate crime law on Oct. 10, 2004. These Christians were arrested as “hate criminals” for preaching during a huge “gay pride” rally and faced 47 years in prison and $80,000 fines each.

I thought they were arrested for rioting and physical obstruction. Was I reading a different article? I don't recall hearing of the reason because of words. I thought the pictures of the 'roundup' were most interesting.

Women. A woman who claims her boyfriend used a sexist word against her and raped her the last time they had sex, can press charges for a “hate crime” of rape. Punishment will triple the usual penalty, about 30 years in prison.

So you're saying the 'sexist word' was the crime and not the rape?

Jews. Already the Dept. of Global Anti-semitism, being established in the US State Dept., makes it “anti-semitic” to express “strong anti-Israel sentiment” against Israel or its leaders. It also says upholding the New Testament charge that Jews killed Christ is “anti-semitic.” Under “anti-hate” laws in Canada and Europe, such statements are “hate crimes” punishable by harsh fines and imprisonment.

Uh, the Jews didn't kill Christ, we all did, but whatever. Send me to jail, not giving up my Book. Still don't know why you'd be glad to see me go and find it most unloving of a person.

So, there you go, Mr. "'Truthfinda' is making this up." I LOVE how you totally disregarded the meat of my post and focused on how I'm going to laugh when y'all realize the truth. What a shame.

I tend to follow news pretty closely. I don't see Christians being thrown in jail for what they say. Else, I'd be there right now for talking about the good news. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Must feel good to practice doublethink while you accuse others of perpetrating a conspiracy against you, all the while blinding yourself to the REAL conspirators...

This looks like good support for an Anti-Christian Conspiracy. Well done.

[edit on 10-10-2005 by saint4God]

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join