It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: liejunkie01
a reply to: frugal

But if only 2% die the world population will go from 7,630,000 to 7,000,000. So does that really warrant all the panic if they have drugs to fix this?

Would it warrant the panic for you if you were one of the infected or your family members are one of the hundreds of millions that would die? It seems that everyone doesn't think to interject themselves in such scenarios, like it can't happen to you, or them.

I am leaving work early today because my 5 year old is sick and his school has a problem with influenza A and B, strep throat , and pink eye.

A pretty good friend of mine died at 40 years old last year from the flu. How can that happen to a healthy individual?

To be honest I am starting not to feel very well at the moment.

Panic, not yet, but I'm pretty damned concerned.

Hundreds of millions to die?

Sounds worse than panic.

Do you know different, I’m shilling to bet you don’t.

Poster in question is being sensible. Too many people on these threads are losing their minds over this.

It is a serious situation, but it's also not something to panic over. No one is helped by panic. No one can think clearly in a state of panic, either. Panic will kill more surely than disease will.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Lol, just had the same op on 13th jan I know that pain😭 tramadol are working wonders though lol 👍🏻, hope you recover well soon

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: Mateo96

Wow. I hope this virus doesn't create its own equivalents of Typhoid Mary.

Cheers

If this guy was the equivalent of Typhoid Mary we should be seeing all of his close friends having their blood tests filled with the virus, but alas, nothing. Their bodies are clean.

That is so weird, maybe it is a new mutation that has a lot of trouble reproducing or some #.

Or maybe it is indeed the relatively high temperatures and huge humidity, I don't know at this point.
edit on 4-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

But if only 2% die the world population will go from 7,630,000 to 7,000,000. So does that really warrant all the panic if they have drugs to fix this?

Would it warrant the panic for you if you were one of the infected or your family members are one of the hundreds of millions that would die? It seems that everyone doesn't think to interject themselves in such scenarios, like it can't happen to you, or them.

I am leaving work early today because my 5 year old is sick and his school has a problem with influenza A and B, strep throat , and pink eye.

A pretty good friend of mine died at 40 years old last year from the flu. How can that happen to a healthy individual?

Sounds worse than panic.

You might as well say a meteor is coming and half the world will die.

Since I don't know the future, I can't rule anything out.

Is this cause for alarm?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Or some kind of false positive response to the testing kit. Yes, you're correct, in his case, as a Typhoid Mary, he would not fit the pattern.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

It might end up killing more people, but apparently China has accepted UN aid, so that would likely mean food, water, and medical supplies.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Purely speculative post but not so much not to dig in..... I am a free thinker and these are just snacks for a hungry mind

Could be a 23nMe enhanced/enabled genetic targeting virus - perhaps ?

Google working with China but not US military is 'peculiar': Peter Thiel July 15, 2019

“There’s this very peculiar background where Google is working with the Chinese Communist government and not with the U.S. military; so the Project Maven decision was a decision not to work with A.I., with the U.S. military -- but they’re working with the Communist Chinese” he said on Monday.

------
23andMe lays off 100 people as DNA test sales decline, CEO says she was ‘surprised’ to see market turn JAN 23 2020

Investors in 23andMe include Google parent-company Alphabet, where Wojcicki’s sister, Susan, is the CEO of YouTube, plus GlaxoSmithKline and Sequoia Capital, among others

------
Google Is Tracking You. What's It Doing With the Info? Feb 4, 2020

The Google probe adds to more than 20 investigations by the Irish authority into Facebook (FB) - Get Report, Twitter (TWTR) - Get Report, Apple (AAPL) - Get Report and others for the same reasons. The two most advanced cases concern Facebook’s WhatsApp program’s transparency around data sharing, and a probe into Twitter following a breach reported to the regulator in January 2018.

The bad news came a day after Alphabet opened the proverbial black box on Google, announcing that slower-than-expected revenue growth from YouTube and Cloud services offset a solid bottom line in its latest quarter.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

And when ppl panic they exaggerate and exaggerate and then exaggerate some more.

Throw in the Chinese response (complete self imposed disaster) and all these fake graphs and what do we have?

A recipe for a completely unnecessary self-created global disaster.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I guess 600,000 dying is a huge number, but 7 billion still alive.

Perhaps to you or others 2% of the worlds (mostly older) population dying is not a big deal? I think many others would consider it unacceptable losses if at all preventable. So yes.. major steps taken to prevent that do make sense, to anyone who values human life.

Still no reason for all-out panic.. just cautious preparedness. The # of cases and deaths outside China is minuscule. The #s inside of China can be for all sorts of reasons, including crowding, very late response, health, diet.. plenty of reasons. This could be much lower in other countries.

Then again, it could explode worldwide. I don't think we'll for a couple more weeks. If in two weeks, the #s have barely budged outside of China, I think people can get down off the ledge.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Sounds worse than panic.

Poster in question is being sensible. Too many people on these threads are losing their minds over this.

It is a serious situation, but it's also not something to panic over. No one is helped by panic. No one can think clearly in a state of panic, either. Panic will kill more surely than disease will.

In your opinion. Has said poster actually contributed a single piece of useful or substantiated information?

I think the vast majority here ARE being sensible, polite and careful in what they post. But then that is my opinion.

This is ATS, not an Ostrich farm.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I agree that panicking isn’t going to do anyone any good!, but if we’re to believe that flu kills more a years than this bug, and we don’t suspend air traffic, close borders, suspend schools and manufacturing for that!, then you’ve got to go with what we’re being expected to believe is total bs! Imo

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Sounds worse than panic.

You might as well say a meteor is coming and half the world will die.

Since I don't know the future, I can't rule anything out.

Is this cause for alarm?

The meteor is here. It has already hit. I haven’t seen a single poster on these threads panicking. I have seen a lot of diligent work digging out useful information. Give it a go, let’s see how it’s done.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I don't even get on the ledge anymore.

Fear weakens our immune system and can cause cardiovascular damage, gastrointestinal problems such as ulcers and irritable bowel syndrome, and decreased fertility. It can lead to accelerated ageing and even premature death.

So you being afraid actually weakens your immune system. Psychosomatic.

You are prepping yourself to get sick when you could have told yourself how healthy you are and overcame it all.

Please research this topic, I may make a thread on it too just because it's so powerful what we tell ourselves. Your mental state is far more powerful than even medicine, that's why placebos work so often.

Mind over matter.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Need to start bookmarking my place again.

Nothing to add to my previous posts as yet..

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

For all I know, I've already had this thing ... and lived to tell about it. Not betting on that, but it is just possible.

I've found the tone of this thread to be at times immoderate in its level of hysteria the past day or so.

Make no mistake, I'm braced for what could be, but I have yet to see it materializing beyond the borders of China. What I see in China still makes little sense as compared to what I've seen everywhere else. There is an important piece to this that is missing, and until we get that piece ... I refrain from getting my knickers twisted.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Breaking on local news!

It was just on our local channel that there is a possible case in Ithaca NY. A student at Cornell University is being tested. I did not catch if they were from China, or had recently traveled there.

Getting close to home. Ithaca is only about 25 miles from me.

www.weny.com... ent-tested-for-coronavirus
edit on 4-2-2020 by MrRCflying because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

And when ppl panic they exaggerate and exaggerate and then exaggerate some more.

Throw in the Chinese response (complete self imposed disaster) and all these fake graphs and what do we have?

A recipe for a completely unnecessary self-created global disaster.

I don't think China or the governments of other countries are basing their responses by Internet posts, and fake graphs. They are probably privy to much more detailed info - and are responding accordingly. I agree, no reason to panic - but there is plenty of reason for concern, considering the mix of possible asymptomatic behavior, the fatality rate, and the R0.

I also think that the majority of citizens are not panicking at all. In fact, I think for most, this is a news item to browse over every few days. I think WHO is probably right that most countries are not prepared for a real pandemic. The reactions on conspiracy sites and some other forums is not indicative of the actual attitude of most people.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
To quote the many popular films and shows in which it was stated, "If you aren't scared - you aren't paying attention."

But being scared is a good healthy response to a scary situation. Panic is often confused with fight or flight, a natural response to a life threatening situation that was the result of natural evolution. Yes, panic does at times cause problems in and of itself. But that is usually limited and of short duration.

The real threat in the form of human response to this outbreak is cognitive dissonance. When the threat is so big and frightening that people can't wrap their brain around it they start to act in a manner that places not only themselves in danger but also the people around them. The need for their normal routine supplants the need to run and they unwittingly become part of the problem.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

how is a video with people not wearing masks and buying live animals, trade of which was already banned, important here?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: Dfairlite
Of the 56 cases reported outside China, three were detected while asymptomatic.

Ummm... that just says they were detected - ie. tested and confirmed - while asymptomatic.

Big difference between that, and confirming transmission from one person to another while asymptomatic.

I'm not saying it does or doesn't either way, just pointing out that doesn't say what you seem to think it does.
edit on 4-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join