It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 362
<< 359  360  361   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: Advantage

If a sizable outbreak occurs in Japan that will be it, global economic implications

Yeah, but they are more capable of managing borders and spread than China. Probably better than us in the US.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Agree. I'm sure they didn't choose the cities at random. They must have some basis for it, though some places might be obvious ports of entry (San Fran and the like) for high volume Chinese travel.

What I think people are missing as well is, yes, we closed off travel from China, but we didn't stop travel from anywhere else (Japan, UK, Aus. etc). This stuff is probably going to start popping up here and there from all the stuff that slipped through the one-country blockade.

edit on 13-2-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

If a sizable outbreak occurs in Japan that will be it, global economic implications

Yeah, but they are more capable of managing borders and spread than China. Probably better than us in the US.

But they haven't. People have been traveling freely through Japan to other countries. It's really too late for that.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Agree. I'm sure they didn't choose the cities at random. They must have some basis for it, though some places might be obvious ports of entry (San Fran and the like) for high volume Chinese travel.

What I think people are missing as well is, yes, we closed off travel from China, but we didn't stop travel from anywhere else (Japan, UK, Aus. etc). This stuff is probably going to start popping up here and there from all the stuff that slipped through the one-country blockade.

A bunch of people fled Wuhan before it was on lockdown dont forget.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

But they haven't. People have been traveling freely through Japan to other countries. It's really too late for that.

Really?? Whoa. WHy not?? Theyre capable! Id been under the assumption that they were limiting people coming in to their own folks and they were put in quarantine.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Revised R0 for this virus - 4.7 to 6.6

Highly Contagious and More Infectious than Initially Estimated

This seems more accurate than 2.5 or whatever was guesstimated previously.

Wow, significant leap!

source

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

ummm 1.4 to 6.6 that should be concerning to have that big of a gap.........

And look at the others that are even close to that 6.6 numbers, mostly they have been eradicated or have vaccines, which we DONT have for this.

how do you have a gap that big, just proves china is lying

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Really?? Whoa. WHy not?? Theyre capable! Id been under the assumption that they were limiting people coming in to their own folks and they were put in quarantine.

That's how one of my family members got back to the US from Shanghai, via Tokyo. All direct flights from Shanghai to US were cancelled, but she could still connect through Tokyo. Of course, that was a little over a week ago.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
did China actually report now or did they decide to stop?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Sorry, what I meant was they have been letting other people travel through Japan to other countries who didn't necessarily come from China, but have been mingling in what appears to be an already (albeit lightly) infected population.
edit on 13-2-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

They did not flee. They traveled to see family in their hometowns. Very common in China for Spring Festival which was at end of January this year. It’s also the largest annual migration of people on the earth. Something on the order of 500 million plus people move around inside China.

I’ve posted this I think 4 times. Not hatin, it’s all good. Happy to offer context and info.

They didn’t flee, they were doing normal Chinese people things. The virus hit between the 2 major holidays and the major wave started in January just when people in China start traveling.

I think one reason we don’t see many children sick is that schools were already closed for holidays when the massive spike infections happened.

edit on 13-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Add

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator

That's how one of my family members got back to the US from Shanghai, via Tokyo. All direct flights from Shanghai to US were cancelled, but she could still connect through Tokyo. Of course, that was a little over a week ago.

Oh wow.. I really am surprised.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

Good thinking.. That's possible if they even have anyone working there. One has to wonder when the power is going to fail in all those cities.. You can't make the sick and the dead work..
edit on 13-2-2020 by 68Satellite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

They did not flee. They traveled to see family in their hometowns. Very common in China for Spring Festival which was at end of January this year. It’s also the largest annual migration of people on the earth. Something on the order of 500 million plus people move around inside China.

I’ve posted this I think 4 times. Not hatin, it’s all good. Happy to offer context and info.

They didn’t flee, they were doing normal Chinese people things. The virus hit between the 2 major holidays and the major wave started in January just when people in China start traveling.

I think one reason we don’t see many children sick is that schools were already closed for holidays when the massive spike infections happened.

Hey, I just went by what the reports were saying. Yes, some went due to holiday and couldnt get back in due to quarantine. But they reported that many left between the illness and the quarantine to other countries due to the virus. They thought it was SARS.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
CDC director: Novel coronavirus is probably with us beyond this season beyond this year
ktvz.com...

“Right now we’re in an aggressive containment mode,” CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield told CNN’s Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta in an interview on Thursday.
“We don’t know a lot about this virus,” he said. “This virus is probably with us beyond this season, beyond this year, and I think eventually the virus will find a foothold and we will get community-based transmission.”
As of Thursday, there have been 15 cases of the novel coronavirus confirmed in seven states: eight in California; two in Illinois; and one in Arizona, Washington, Massachusetts, Wisconsin and Texas.

“The containment phase is really to give us more time. This virus will become a community virus at some point in time, this year or next year,” Redfield said. “We don’t have any evidence that this coronavirus is really embedded in the community at this time, but with that said, we want to intensify our surveillance so that we’re basing those conclusions based on data.”

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Part 3 here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 359  360  361   >>

join