It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

You'd have to ask China that one. Most of what is being posted is based on what we know from them, and they're not letting anyone in and we have to rely on what they let out to draw any conclusions.

So what's known for sure comes down to their official numbers, what we see of their official actions (those do not match up), what has leaked over social media (which is unverified and scary if true, but again mostly unverified), what leaks to family members from the inside (more verified but still working off a lack of real knowledge in most cases because the CCP is keeping their own in the dark), the actions Chinese communities around the globe are taking (spooky), and what we can observe in the cases that get beyond China's borders (puzzling because very few have been severe).

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
a reply to: carport
Just a note on that, I suspect the kid is the +1 as German laws don’t allow names and children under 18 (could be lower maybe 16) to be released due to privacy laws

I think someone said it was the sibling of the child of the one of the German coworkers. One of them had a child who tested positive in that string, and this would be that kid's brother or sister.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
20,684 - Cases
427 - Deaths
725 - Recovered

Current mortality rate still sitting at around 2.1%
What is most concerning is that the current recovery rate is under 5% this leaves a lot of people out there that could go either way.
What is the standard recovery time from diagnosis to all clear ?

Source
MAP OF CORONAVIRUS

I posted this yesterday in the other thread.

It takes about 7 days before you know if you need to get hospitalized on average. After that 7 days, when you get to the hospital, it will either kill you relatively quickly (on average within the next 8 or so days for 15) or you are going to be in the hospital recovering for another 13 to 18 days. So the recovery numbers are lagging the death toll because those who recover take longer to count in general.

But if you are getting better within that first 7 days, odds are that you are never counted to begin with because you never went to the hospital, and we have no numbers on that group at all because they likely never got tested in China although we may be seeing them in some of the cases that jumped the border into the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Unrelated, off topic leads to a relevant question:

Ive had a playstation for streaming for 4 years now. First time its been down this long, going on 4 hrs that Im aware of.

Servers are in CA, TX. Main one in Japan.

My kids are pissy they can't watch cartoons.

Made me thinking what would be the course of internet if this continues in a pandemic. Anyone know if there is already a plan established for internet control in mass panic situations?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

People who have recovered from coronavirus being reinfected with mutated coronavirus
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Can you share a source about that?

That's very important.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Due to the fact information is being misrepresented at nearly every turn I just can't trust anything.

I can't trust the MSM, the govt, or anyone here.

It is irresponsible and recklessly negligent to fear monger with misrepresentations.

What ever happened to ethics?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

People who have recovered from coronavirus being reinfected with mutated coronavirus
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Can you share a source about that?

That's very important.

The infection hasn't existed for long enough to have significant strain mutations develop. It takes on average about three weeks for there to be that level of mutation happen.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
a reply to: tennisdawg

Couple questions I HOPE you can Answer about your post

- Why can you tell us NOW ? What has changed from when you could not tell us ?

And, you've alluded to pretty strongly that your in the loop, What preparations should we be making ?

I have my own ideas just wondering what yours are ... Curious minds

I can speak now because of a clerical mistake. Typically, I am required to sign non-disclosure agreements for most of my projects (especially this type). I assume because of the fast-track nature of this assignment, someone forgot to send me an NDA to sign. I waited until I received payment for my work to go public.

I did not feel comfortable keeping this one to myself. I have no idea if this will come to fruition, but the mere fact that this is being discussed in higher circles concerns me.

Preparations should be made that concern the amount of isolation time that is required for the "all clear" in your area. TIME is the key to component to all of this. TIME to wait out the active outbreaks in your area (21-28 days), TIME to wait for a vaccine that is widely available (8 months - 12 months).

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Decided to pull this post don't want to spread anything in case it is fake.
edit on 4-2-2020 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)
basically disturbing Twitter video reported to be linked to the virus but could be something else completely.
edit on 4-2-2020 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's more than China misrepresenting info here.

The western MSM and many posters on this website are willingly posting exaggerations, totally inaccurate or skewed statistics, hearsay, and other falsities.

This stuff is being presented as fact when in reality it's anything but.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Due to the fact information is being misrepresented at nearly every turn I just can't trust anything.

It is irresponsible and recklessly negligent to fear monger with misrepresentations.

What you can trust is that this is very bad, the infection is spreading rapidly, and at least some people are dying or becoming very ill from it.

Until we see how it continues globally and some real numbers re infections and death rate are produced we can't really say how bad it is.

But since it's clearly a far out of the normal event that has spread to different countries my opnion is that it's prudent to plan now and stock up on food etc.

If it's tinned food that isn't going to go off then it'll get consumed over time, so even if all of this blows over the worst case is you've had the inconvenience of going shopping and temporarily overstocking your larder.

If it's the worst case scenario then you're sitting pretty.

It's a bit like Pascals wager. Choose the option with the no-lose outcome.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel
Unrelated, off topic leads to a relevant question:

Ive had a playstation for streaming for 4 years now. First time its been down this long, going on 4 hrs that Im aware of.

Servers are in CA, TX. Main one in Japan.

My kids are pissy they can't watch cartoons.

Made me thinking what would be the course of internet if this continues in a pandemic. Anyone know if there is already a plan established for internet control in mass panic situations?

The internet isn't as centralized as a Xbox Live or PSNetwork, with so many servers in so many different countries I wouldn't be too worried unless you rely on submarine cables such as in an island or Australia.

The first mayor thing to go, if # hit the fan really good, would be European/American submarine connections, but even then satellites can still be used to transmit information. I'm talking about zombie apocalypse level stuff here, imagine the entire US or EU going silent in an instant.

Not even Steam's servers (another videogame store and network, but for PC) are centralized, they are all relying on the main server in America for database checkups and metadata, but they have servers in most European countries and States, with every one of them being able to work independently with the data they already have and communicating with smaller servers in cities and provinces of each country. The whole thing works like that on a bigger scheme for communication, and the stock market is the most redundant network, with international networks for the military being the second most secure one. Third, would be Azure and Amazon's servers (Amazon actually rents servers worldwide, and Azure belongs to Microsoft)

Steam or any other entertainment-based network, are fairly low in the hierarchy, yet they are already almost bullet-proof.

In short, information would be very, very hard to cut off unless it's an intentional cut, and even then it would require the same amount of power the CCP has to already be setup in place.

With that said, I think almost no other government really knows what's happening in China apart from what they can see with their own internal cases. The closest ally China has is North Korea... and they shut the borders down as soon as the thing started.

Which doesn't sound good, who knows what they know or if they are overreacting.
edit on 4-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I definitely don't trust a word of your unsubstantiated info.

You're essentially fear mongering, suggesting people take actions that aren't even rational (a month isolation?) and spooking ppl out.

Prove it.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
we think the same....I talked to my grandsons 12 and 14 years old...made a plan....muster point and a frezzer full...barnyard chickens....

I can tell by your serving stance angle.......you're almost as good as me.....serving over your shoulder there....you badazz smokin that tennis ball in there ....

originally posted by: tennisdawg

originally posted by: MetalThunder

Couple questions I HOPE you can Answer about your post

- Why can you tell us NOW ? What has changed from when you could not tell us ?

And, you've alluded to pretty strongly that your in the loop, What preparations should we be making ?

I have my own ideas just wondering what yours are ... Curious minds

I can speak now because of a clerical mistake. Typically, I am required to sign non-disclosure agreements for most of my projects (especially this type). I assume because of the fast-track nature of this assignment, someone forgot to send me an NDA to sign. I waited until I received payment for my work to go public.

I did not feel comfortable keeping this one to myself. I have no idea if this will come to fruition, but the mere fact that this is being discussed in higher circles concerns me.

Preparations should be made that concern the amount of isolation time that is required for the "all clear" in your area. TIME is the key to component to all of this. TIME to wait out the active outbreaks in your area (21-28 days), TIME to wait for a vaccine that is widely available (8 months - 12 months).

edit on 4-2-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

So we should take no precaution at all and literally continue asif disease never had the possibility to go pandemic and cause societal breakdown?

Like sure it can be accepted the figures aren't 100% correct but you are suggesting a famously competitive and prideful nation has sent itself into meltdown for no reason?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You're essentially fear mongering, suggesting people take actions that aren't even rational (a month isolation?) and spooking ppl out.

Prove it.

Getting paid by the government takes weeks if not months.

Sounds fishy he got the job, did it and got paid all in a 2 week period.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

What you can trust is that this is very bad, the infection is spreading rapidly, and at least some people are dying or becoming very ill from it.

Until we see how it continues globally and some real numbers re infections and death rate are produced we can't really say how bad it is.

You just contradicted yourself.

First you said this "is very bad", then you went on to say "we can't really say how bad this is".

This type of mental activity is the result of them feeding you false info (saying it's really bad) when even your own subconscious immediately questioned it by admitting we don't have enough reliable info to judge how bad it really is.

Therefore I reiterate - y'all are being lied to. You can't trust ANY of this stuff.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

Prove it.

Getting paid by the government takes weeks if not months.

Sounds fishy he got the job, did it and got paid all in a 2 week period.

They are lying about this virus.
I've caught them multiple times now.

The govt contract story is clearly a fake. The whole "they forgot the Nda" part is laughable. Can't believe anyone would buy that.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Skepticism is healthy in any debate, but you have to ask yourselves this;

What reason would China have to lose billions of dollars a day with their actions?

Who benefits from that?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Prove it.

21-28 days from the date of the last known confirmed local case is my personal suggestion. this is based on the 14 day incubation period. I respect you, and i have followed your posts for years on here.

I am just sharing what I know. I am not fear mongering.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join