It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRGC leader Soleimani has been killed in targeted assassination near Baghdad

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
What has that got to do with the recent attacks on the US Embassy and military installations?
Are you suggesting that Trump shouldn't respond to aggression on his watch unless he goes back and punishes all acts of agression prior to his term of office???
Have a little think about what you are saying. Iran organise attackes against America, so Trump should attack them + Saudi Arabia or do nothing. Seems a bit of a strange position to take.

Frankly our foreign policy in the Middle East is all crap. I think we should sell some weapons to some terrorists we're allied with, abandon allies who stood with us and bomb some other terrorists so some neocon morons can masturbate over it.

That about sum up what we're doing? Yeah? Exactly.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
How much money did Obama give iran?

Not a penny. That was Iranian money frozen following the 1979 revolution.

He simply gave it back to the rightful owner.

One of Obama’s few good decisions.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Updated list killed in the strike

Names of Iranian Martyrs:
– Qasem Soleimani
– Hussein Jaafari Niya
– Shahrud Mudhaffari Niya
– Hadi Taremi
– Vahid Zamaniyan

Names of Iraqi Martyrs:
– Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis
– Muhammed Reza al-Jaberi
– Hassan Abdul Hadi
– Muhammed al-Shibani
– Haidar Ali

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What has that got to do with the recent attacks on the US Embassy and military installations?
Are you suggesting that Trump shouldn't respond to aggression on his watch unless he goes back and punishes all acts of agression prior to his term of office???
Have a little think about what you are saying. Iran organise attackes against America, so Trump should attack them + Saudi Arabia or do nothing. Seems a bit of a strange position to take.

Frankly our foreign policy in the Middle East is all crap. I think we should sell some weapons to some terrorists we're allied with, abandon allies who stood with us and bomb some other terrorists so some neocon morons can masturbate over it.

That about sum up what we're doing? Yeah? Exactly.

You seem to be dealing in generalisations instead of assessing the actual response made to the attacks on US installations.
I don't disagree that the issues in the ME are much bigger than Iran, but this appears to me to be a response to a specific attack and threat.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Zaphod58

Have you seen the outer building of the embassy? The windows are smashed and it's burned out with everything inside destroyed. That's more than a protest. And protest or attack, embassy grounds are still sovereign territory.

Like Ferguson, violent protests are like war zones, but this was a protest, not an act of war by Iran.
The 'protestors' painted the dead general's name on the embassy.
You really need to get current on this story.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I remember some of those in this thread being 100% against war with Iran 5-6 years ago. When a different President held office. Now they are cheering the murder of Iran’s best general and yelling for more.

Indeed I remember a certain New York businessman criticising that President for his hostile provocations of Iran.

Strange how things can change.

If i was Iran i’d restart the reactors. Can’t be taking any chances now it seems.

Who is cheering for war?
No one

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: CthruU

Come on people! This was coming! They have been desperate to attack Iran for years! I mean, it was one of the countries listed to invade years ago!

Of course it was illegal, but some countries are above international law, as we have seen in the last two decades alone!

Trump is a complete idiot, but I thought he was just an idiot! This moves means he is also dangerous! And with all the trump fanatics out there who look at him as a mini God, it's very worrying indeed!

So easy for you to judge him as such with like 0.5% of the information required to make these kinds of descisions.

I would elaborate but in reality it will all go straight over your head - to deep for sheep.

I gather you are a Trump fanatic! Whatever the outcome, you eill still back him! That's the worrying thing!

Why would anyone NOT back the killing of a known terrorist?
Is attacking terrorists now bad and only fanatics support such actions?

Hypocrite, or are you just niave? How about going after the saudi a royal family to name a few? This is completly political and nothing to do with killing the nasty terrorist!

Did the Saudi's plan the recent attack on the US Embassy and military installations?
I thought it was the dead terrorist who did that.

Oh come on!This stupid move threatens to open a terrible new chapter in the middle East! It's ok for you to say these things in the comfort of your own home behind a computer, but this was a stupid thing to do!

You talk about terrorists, yet, the west have used, and trained terrorists for decades now!

Its obvious that certain people (sociopaths) have been itching for an excuse to invade Iran. It was one of the countries listed in a document to be attacked. Funny enough, the other countries included Libya, Iraq and Libya!

What do you think the response should have been to coordinated attacks on US installations that left 1 dead and others injured?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

You seem to be dealing in generalisations instead of assessing the actual response made to the attacks on US installations.

There's an attack that I witnessed first hand and lost friends in about 19 years ago that we still haven't addressed. The pieces of **** behind that get preferential treatment from the asshat we have in office now and his predecessors.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

There's an attack that I witnessed first hand and lost friends in about 19 years ago that we still haven't addressed. The pieces of **** behind that get preferential treatment from the asshat we have in office now and his predecessors.

Which has nothing to do with the recent attacks and response.
I get the issue with SA, but this is a a different incident.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

He wasn't just some field soldier, he was a Major General of the Quds.

So you agree.
There will be a replacement .
That will be all.
The mullahs are surely not the brightest crayons in the box , but they are not plumb dumb.

edit on 1/3/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

"Is this the first time the USA has targeted a ‘proper’ leader of a countries military?"

Openly yes, but CIA have killed lots of military/leaders that interferred with their puppet regimes.

Brzezinski Grand Chessboard is the US blueprint to control "China" by strangling their oil supplies (called the war against terrorism to appease the sheeple). If US goes to war against Iran. it seems certain that China/Russia will have to engage US forces to protect their own interests.

It could get out of hand, very quickly.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

The targeting of leaders in military operations is something that has happened since ancient times.

Have we openly targeted the leadership of other countries before?
Yes.

Operation Vengeance was the American military operation to kill Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto of the Imperial Japanese Navy on April 18, 1943, during the Solomon Islands campaign in the Pacific Theater of World War II.

Operation Vengeance
He was the Commander-in-Chief of the Combined Naval Forces of Imperial Japan until his death.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Apparently footage of the strike

twitter.com...

edit on 3/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Agit8dChop

He wasn't just some field soldier, he was a Major General of the Quds.

So you agree.
There will be a replacement .
That will be all.
The mullahs are surely not the brightest crayons in the box , but they are not plumb dumb.

Of course he was going to be replaced..

We'll soon see if you're right!

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The CV-22s and MC-130s that flew out of Mildenhall on the 1st launched a raid that captured Qais Khazali.

mobile.twitter.com...

IRGC has locked down airbases and armed aircraft on alert, and stepped up the alert status at their ballistic missile bases.

mobile.twitter.com...

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Which has nothing to do with the recent attacks and response.
I get the issue with SA, but this is a a different incident.
A lot of emotional rants and whataboustisms, huh?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: blackbird9393

"Is this the first time the USA has targeted a ‘proper’ leader of a countries military?"

Openly yes, but CIA have killed lots of military/leaders that interferred with their puppet regimes.

Brzezinski Grand Chessboard is the US blueprint to control "China" by strangling their oil supplies (called the war against terrorism to appease the sheeple). If US goes to war against Iran. it seems certain that China/Russia will have to engage US forces to protect their own interests.

It could get out of hand, very quickly.

Why would China/Russia react to the destabilization of Iran, if they didn't react to the destabilization of all the other countries ?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Just leaving this here:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Targetting leaders during war is common, agreed. But murdering officials when war hasn't been declared, is not. If a member of the public service commits an act of violence against another human being, they should be made accountable for their actions. Everybody including Trump, should be answerable to the law.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
Just leaving this here:

Yeah it’s been dropped about 5 times on this thread already Trigger.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join