It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRGC leader Soleimani has been killed in targeted assassination near Baghdad

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
How much money did Obama give iran?

I am not sure we know - as he flew some of it on a secret flight, cash on pallets.

link   
a reply to: Erno86

The U.S.forigen policy establishment is intellectually dishonest. They are unwilling to admit the failure of their sanctions regimes against North Korea and Iran. Nor are they willing to acknowledge that Iran and North Korea are now existing members of the nuclear (weapons) club.

The sanctions regime is far more likely to trigger a U.S. - Iran war than stop the Iranian nuclear weapons program. This symptom of a broader problem with Trump's foreign policy. There is no end game in mind, only Trump's Jacksonian reaction at perceived provocations. Neither is Trump's cabinet and the supporting bureaucracy seeking to stay ahead of future crises (For instance: The Saudia Regime falls after not surviving trends in regional energy production and the uptake of renewable energy).

Trump's foreign policy may well trip over Iran and spark WW3.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks...my bad.

D.J. Trump predicted that then President Obama of planning to save face for the next election, by staging a military strike against Iran.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
D.J. Trump predicted that then President Obama of planning to save face for the next election, by staging a military strike against Iran.

Odd how history repeats itself, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
I don't think Putin is that stupid. He knows Trump won't fold like Obama did. He may support Iran but I seriously doubt he would commit any Russian troops.

But he sure will sake them weapons as long as they got cash. Didn’t Obama do a cash drop?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Do you really think Iran is going to take the assassination of one of the most powerful men in the country lying down?

Do you really think Trump is mobilizing troops in the area just for fun after he made a big deal about pulling troops out of the Middle East?

This clearly isn't going to end with just a single assassination. Everyone who isn't deluding themselves can see this is just the beginning.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

As a neocon warhawk I have my Jurgens ready.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: CthruU

Come on people! This was coming! They have been desperate to attack Iran for years! I mean, it was one of the countries listed to invade years ago!

Of course it was illegal, but some countries are above international law, as we have seen in the last two decades alone!

Trump is a complete idiot, but I thought he was just an idiot! This moves means he is also dangerous! And with all the trump fanatics out there who look at him as a mini God, it's very worrying indeed!

So easy for you to judge him as such with like 0.5% of the information required to make these kinds of descisions.

I would elaborate but in reality it will all go straight over your head - to deep for sheep.

I gather you are a Trump fanatic! Whatever the outcome, you eill still back him! That's the worrying thing!

Why would anyone NOT back the killing of a known terrorist?
Is attacking terrorists now bad and only fanatics support such actions?

Hypocrite, or are you just niave? How about going after the saudi a royal family to name a few? This is completly political and nothing to do with killing the nasty terrorist!

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: UKTruth

Do you really think Iran is going to take the assassination of one of the most powerful men in the country lying down?

Do you really think Trump is mobilizing troops in the area just for fun after he made a big deal about pulling troops out of the Middle East?

This clearly isn't going to end with just a single assassination. Everyone who isn't deluding themselves can see this is just the beginning.

The beginning was the attack on the US Embassy and military installations in Iraq.
I didn't notice you lamenting that or blaming the attackers for escalating tensions in the ME.
Your lament seems to be reserved for anything Trump does. Odd that.

Probably best to wait and lament (and blame) the Iranians if they decide to escalate further.

edit on 3/1/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Come on people! This was coming! They have been desperate to attack Iran for years! I mean, it was one of the countries listed to invade years ago!

Of course it was illegal, but some countries are above international law, as we have seen in the last two decades alone!

Trump is a complete idiot, but I thought he was just an idiot! This moves means he is also dangerous! And with all the trump fanatics out there who look at him as a mini God, it's very worrying indeed!

So easy for you to judge him as such with like 0.5% of the information required to make these kinds of descisions.

I would elaborate but in reality it will all go straight over your head - to deep for sheep.

I gather you are a Trump fanatic! Whatever the outcome, you eill still back him! That's the worrying thing!

Hypocrite, or are you just niave? How about going after the saudi a royal family to name a few? This is completly political and nothing to do with killing the nasty terrorist!

Did the Saudi's plan the recent attack on the US Embassy and military installations?
I thought it was the dead terrorist who did that.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I agree, Iran cannot take this without response.

The size and scale of that response will dictate how the US respond - if they do.

Iran's making statements that this has crossed a line.. If I were a troop stationed in any base in the ME, I would be very alert.. Lots of missiles could be lobbed at them!

I think either a ship will be sunk or multiple bases hit im guessing..

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Did the Saudi's plan the recent attack on the US Embassy and military installations?

Are you really that oblivious as to how imbedded the Saudi royal family was with Bin Laden and spreading Wahabist doctrines across the globe while specifically targeting the United States? There's still a Federal class action lawsuit pending against the Saudi royal family by victims and their families from multiple attacks.

We sadly pick and chose which terrorists are bad and which are tolerable based purely on politics and not on altruism. We sell our own people out to make a buck and stupid schmucks everywhere eat that dog **** up like it was caviar.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I still only think this strike was the start. I would not be surprised at all if the US and Iraqi troops have or are hitting other assets in the area to lower the chances of any retaliatory strikes coming. From all accounts I have read about this general, he was a bad dude and that region should be safer without him being involved. Time will tell how involved this is going to become

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Forensick

Sure you do. Especially if you already have one in the area.

Except it was a POTUS authorised strike on a convoy leaving the airport not leaving Baghdad.

Does the POTUS authorise every strike if there is one in the area or do they leave that to the CoC?

As I said, it was a targeted strike, the only reason for Trumps permission.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Are you really that oblivious as to how imbedded the Saudi royal family was with Bin Laden and spreading Wahabist doctrines across the globe while specifically targeting the United States? There's still a Federal class action lawsuit pending against the Saudi royal family by victims and their families from multiple attacks.

We sadly pick and chose which terrorists are bad and which are tolerable based purely on politics and not on altruism. We sell our own people out to make a buck and stupid schmucks everywhere eat that dog **** up like it was caviar.

What has that got to do with the recent attacks on the US Embassy and military installations?
Are you suggesting that Trump shouldn't respond to aggression on his watch unless he goes back and punishes all acts of agression prior to his term of office???
Have a little think about what you are saying. Iran organise attackes against America, so Trump should attack them + Saudi Arabia or do nothing. Seems a bit of a strange position to take.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Trump trying to help the people of Iran throw off their repressive regime................. Interesting perspective from the Iranian anti government movement on day 50 of their protests www.ncr-iran.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

I agree, Iran cannot take this without response.

The size and scale of that response will dictate how the US respond - if they do.

Iran's making statements that this has crossed a line.. If I were a troop stationed in any base in the ME, I would be very alert.. Lots of missiles could be lobbed at them!

I think either a ship will be sunk or multiple bases hit im guessing..

Iran will only respond by proxy, they are not stupid, plausible denial will limit the conflict.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Oh come on!This stupid move threatens to open a terrible new chapter in the middle East! It's ok for you to say these things in the comfort of your own home behind a computer, but this was a stupid thing to do!

You talk about terrorists, yet, the west have used, and trained terrorists for decades now!

Its obvious that certain people (sociopaths) have been itching for an excuse to invade Iran. It was one of the countries listed in a document to be attacked. Funny enough, the other countries included Libya, Iraq and Libya!

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I remember some of those in this thread being 100% against war with Iran 5-6 years ago. When a different President held office. Now they are cheering the murder of Iran’s best general and yelling for more.

Indeed I remember a certain New York businessman criticising that President for his hostile provocations of Iran.

Strange how things can change.

If i was Iran i’d restart the reactors. Can’t be taking any chances now it seems.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
wow, looks like it was more than just the Major General

#BREAKING: Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps announces the killing of senior members of the IRGC accompanying Soleimani:

1- General Hussein Jaafari Naya
2- Colonel Shahroud Muzaffari Niya
3- Major Hadi Tarmi
4-Captain Waheed Zamanian

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join