It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRGC leader Soleimani has been killed in targeted assassination near Baghdad

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

I guess surrender and letting Iran kill our people, take our embassy, was always an option to avoid conflict.

Lets just put a pin in that idea for the moment though and look at other alternatives, shall we?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: butcherguy

Targetting leaders during war is common, agreed. But murdering officials when war hasn't been declared, is not. If a member of the public service commits an act of violence against another human being, they should be made accountable for their actions. Everybody including Trump, should be answerable to the law.

What laws are you quoting here? Obama (yes the Nobel Peace Prize winner) escalated drone wars and extra judicial killings to the next level and was never held to account.

Are the rules different now it’s Trump!

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
Just leaving this here:

that was 9-8 years ago.

different time
different leader
different rules
different corruption

If John Kerry Meeting with Iran doesn't change your view of those tweets its obvious you dont want to know the reason why
edit on 3/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

That's unfortunate. I heard the democrats were complaining because didn't ask them for permission.

That's one of the many reasons I voted for him, because he said he's not giving away his tactics beforehand. I would be too concerned, at this point, that the democrats would warn the enemy of the coming danger.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: butcherguy

Targetting leaders during war is common, agreed. But murdering officials when war hasn't been declared, is not. If a member of the public service commits an act of violence against another human being, they should be made accountable for their actions. Everybody including Trump, should be answerable to the law.

The Iranian General was in Iraq directing operations that took the lives of Americans. He was 'in theater' and he was an opponent in a 'shooting war'.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
And that could come in the form of a low yield tactical. They've said they would if threatened, over and over.

Yeah! Right! Can you say glass paved self-lighting parking lot? Putin is just a lot of hot air. He has no force projection capability. Hell the last time they did something in Syria they had to tow their aircraft carrier there.

Putin wants no part of messing with the US. Everything he says is just to pacify the old hard liners in Russia.

As far as China goes, China is only a threat to those that share a border with them.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

From Wikipedia
Contrary to popular belief, most diplomatic missions do not enjoy full extraterritorial status and – in those cases – are not sovereign territory of the represented state.[11] Rather, the premises of diplomatic missions usually[example needed] remain under the jurisdiction of the host state while being afforded special privileges (such as immunity from most local laws) by the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations. Diplomats themselves still retain full diplomatic immunity, and (as an adherent to the Vienna Convention) the host country may not enter the premises of the mission without permission of the represented country, even to put out a fire.[12] International rules designate an attack on an embassy as an attack on the country it represents.[citation needed] The term "extraterritoriality" is often applied to diplomatic missions, but normally only in this broader sense.

We took out the individual that started this whole mess. The US did not start this to remind you. I am not for going to war with anyone but at some point you have to stand-up for yourself. Would you rather the US not do anything and present the message that it is okay to attack our embassies and kill our citizens?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

someone may have tried

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Yeah well Iran better think long, hard and carefully about what they do instead of rushing headlong into war.

Beware though of a potential Putin move here on the chessboard. As in, he could preemptively attempt to take out those 4,000 troops being deployed, to disallow with a final "We've had enough of US meddling in the Middle East."

And that could come in the form of a low yield tactical. They've said they would if threatened, over and over. So lookout. In times like these, all eyes open. WIDE.

I don't think Putin is going to do anything. Trump plays chess, he's always one step ahead...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
eclipse in 8 days, 500 year conjunction 2 days after that...

oh no.. this is just the beginning of something new

This is the coming of the age of Aquarius is what it is...

(post by FrvstMaSke removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

Just leaving this here:

Yeah it’s been dropped about 5 times on this thread already Trigger.

Sorry, didn't read all 400+ posts before replying. Still pertinent though.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: putnam6

China, Russia and Iran hold joint naval drills in Gulf of Omanwww.cnn.com...

7 days ago

Yes I know that they were naval drills the poster made it sound like that China and Russia were responding to the airstrike which they weren't they were already having drills and have been doing them for YEARS that's the point Willtell Khomeini

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

The US didn't kill Suleimani over the ruckus at the embassy. That was a non-event and would have been forgotten within one news cycle.
You can bet there is a hell of a lot more going on behind the scenes in Iraq at the moment.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Which has nothing to do with the recent attacks and response.
I get the issue with SA, but this is a a different incident.

This isn't 'combating terrorism', this is politics. We selectively fight terrorists.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

Just leaving this here:

Yeah it’s been dropped about 5 times on this thread already Trigger.

Sorry, didn't read all 400+ posts before replying. Still pertinent though.

No it isn’t, do you expect a sitting president to do nothing when his people are attacked?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Just leaving this here:

that was 9-8 years ago.

different time
different leader
different rules
different corruption

If John Kerry Meeting with Iran doesn't change your view of those tweets its obvious you dont want to know the reason why

Do you honestly think people like that look at context before posting something somebody else showed them?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mightmight
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

The US didn't kill Suleimani over the ruckus at the embassy. That was a non-event and would have been forgotten within one news cycle.
You can bet there is a hell of a lot more going on behind the scenes in Iraq at the moment.

I am sure there is much more behind the scenes but this wasn’t just the Embassy ‘ruckus’.

Iran proxy’s fires on a base with Americans in it, America responded attacking bases with Iran proxy’s there, Iran proxy’s attacked the highest symbol of the USA in Iraq, America showed them it was a bad idea, big time.

None of which violated Iran sovereignty.

Check.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Looks like Bolton won't have to testify against Trump now that Trump has ensured a hot war with Iran. Soleimani had to go. It was unfortunate that an Iraqi commander was with him at the time. But oh well, Trump needed this. The question now is what is going to be the fall out? Iran is promising revenge and the Congress wants to know why weren't they informed. 2020 just got started with a bang.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I don't favour one above the other. In australia (my location) I also would like see australian leaders involved with these conflict also face the law,

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join