It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRGC leader Soleimani has been killed in targeted assassination near Baghdad

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I am just glad we have a leader who does not draw lines in the sand and then fund both sides. This strike will make any country or faction think twice that the US is not f'n around on the world stage anymore. No on expected the Syrian strike either.

Iran better think long and hard before they attempt anything as a retaliatory response.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Sad that you're still parroting this talking point.
Charlene lamb, a deputy assistant Secretary of State, testified that lack of budget played no part in failing to increase security in Benghazi.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Increase sanctions. Threaten sanctions for any country that comes to Iran's aid. Increase aid to Israel.

When this ends up with hundreds to thousands of dead US servicemen will you still claim this was the only/right move?

Why did the Right praise Trump's restraint when he bent over and spread his ample cheeks for Lil Kim after North Korea brutally tortured and essentially murdered a US citizen but with this Iran situation it's now right to risk WWIII?

The "Deep State's"/IC's/MIC's designs on Iran have been clear for decades. It's been pretty clear that Trump has been in the same boat for pretty much the entirety of his Presidency.

It's pretty clear this was inevitable. That doesn't mean there wasn't diplomatically preferable options that would've helped prevent more loss of life.

link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

This is the reason Trump called the media the enemy of the people. They have not one iota of comprehension of what their message can do to come back on this country and destroy us. I'd fire and imprison the author of that article for helping the enemy, until this was all over.

link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Agit8dChop

It wouldn't be the first time he projected onto Obama what he himself would and does do.

It 's not like nobody warned us that Trump would start a war if he got desperate.

no one has to project a damn thing the facts are damning for Obama. Damning and will RUIN his legacy if it hasn't already.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So with that said, you're saying benghazi was a direct result of Obamas faulty policies?

No, trump's tweets fault.

Not in Benghazi and it looks like Obama's lies and donation to ISIS in the battlefield are coming back to bite him and the Iranians in the ass.

Not only does it appear that Obama is a traitor to the American people but also to the Black Americans too. Bringing in mass immigration to compete for jobs has killed many community's but especially was hurting the cities where the minorities live close together on the gov plantations.
edit on 3-1-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Hopefully Zaphod can comment if this is unusual...

Lots happening, lots on the air.

I was able to confirm this was a routine deployment. They arrived at Lajes on December 29th, and left this morning for Souda Bay.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ltheghost

They didn't need to be informed. That's why we elected Trump. He made sure they knew, in a national debate with Hitlery, that he'd never give away his plans for attacking an enemy. I've been wondering for years why we're told of the plans before they happen. All that does is warns the enemy and gives them time to prepare.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I am sorry but I have lost all trust in government and media concerning the middle east since "wmd in iraq" mantra was latter proved to be 100% propoganda to enrage the popuulation into war.

I also cannot believe that an Iranian top general would be in Iraq ordering protestors about, That is nonsensical. If he was indeed responsible for the protests wouldn't it be in his best interest to distance himself as far away from hostilities as he could.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You're under the assumption that this is going to lead into an all-out war.

Who are we going to fight?

The Iranian people aren't the enemy, their religious fanatical leadership is.

Perhaps this will be the impetus for the resistance movement in Iran to overthrow their own government, install a more peaceful government and everyone will be happy.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
I am sure there is much more behind the scenes but this wasn’t just the Embassy ‘ruckus’.

Iran proxy’s fires on a base with Americans in it, America responded attacking bases with Iran proxy’s there, Iran proxy’s attacked the highest symbol of the USA in Iraq, America showed them it was a bad idea, big time.

None of which violated Iran sovereignty.

Check.

That's just low-level tit for tat. Attacks by iranian backed militas and retaliatory strike are nothing new. In fact, nothing that happened in recent weeks doesn't warrant an attack on Suleimani.
Don't get me wrong, the guy needed to be droned ten years ago. But compared to what he has been up to in the past, recent events are barely a blip on the radar.

The so-called attack on the embassy has been a joke trumped up by both the media and the Trump administration. A guard post was set on fire and some people climbed some fences and smashed some windows. Big whoop. Iraq is busy shooting dozens in violent anti-government protests every week, the demonstrations at the embassy hardly amount to anything.
You don't go for the very head of the snake for something like that. Something else must have triggered this strike.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You're under the assumption that this is going to lead into an all-out war.

Who are we going to fight?

The Iranian people aren't the enemy, their religious fanatical leadership is.

Perhaps this will be the impetus for the resistance movement in Iran to overthrow their own government, install a more peaceful government and everyone will be happy.

Some on here resort immedietly to the "War" line.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Trumps stays one step ahead. He's not going to start WWIII. If he starts WWIII, I'll kiss your ass. And so will DB because I'm not doing it alone.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

You don't think this is going to lead to all out war? We just killed one of the top guys in Iran.

Like I said, Iran has had a target drawn on it for a longtime. You really think TPTB are going to give up this golden opportunity to put boots on the ground and bend Iran to their will?

Even if Russia and China don't get involved we're not looking at a nice, easy, conflict. The Iranian military are definitely better armed and better trained than the Afghani, Iraqi, Libyan, and Syrian militaries. And how many men did we lose in those conflicts?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I work right in the center of the flight path for Barksdale Air Force Base. Every day, all day, B-52s fly overhead and rattle the walls. I haven't heard a single B-52 this week. I wonder if they're prepping for a mission.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

WWIII is the worst case scenario, depending on the reaction of Iran's biggest allies. What does look inevitable though is another pointless ME conflict, and one that will probably cost more lives than any of the ones Bush or Obama started.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
I am just glad we have a leader who does not draw lines in the sand and then fund both sides. This strike will make any country or faction think twice that the US is not f'n around on the world stage anymore. No on expected the Syrian strike either.

Iran better think long and hard before they attempt anything as a retaliatory response.

I just exited a hysterical conversation where the person I was talking to said there was NO WAY Obama sent 'all that money without permission' 'over there' and completely refuses to believe in the FACT that money went on to fund Ohhh let's see, TERRORISM against the West.

'Nope, that can't happen in America'.

'Really'? Says I. And walked away.

If people choose to be that willfully ignorant? Let 'em. They must hide under the covers at night as it is.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The Iranian people would be your enemy. They hate you, they hated your Shah and they hate what your sanctions have inflicted on their country. They don’t appreciate your unprovoked aggression or repeated attempts to bankrupt them or destroy their allies.

Your government declared 11 million of them to be terrorists, for the crime of being civil defence volunteers. People who do first aid, drive ambulances, deal with disasters and stuff like that. Your government declared 1 in 8 people in Iran to be a terrorist.

Of course that is hardly surprising since in 2003 the US occupational government of Iraq herded nursery workers, teachers, bank clerks etc. Into internment camps for the crime of getting a government paycheck.

The Islamic Republic is not in immediate danger of internal collapse. A handful of protests that are inflated by pro-wahhabi and pro-zionist propagandists are not a sign of total state failure. America’s continual and often unprovoked aggression towards Iran only strengthens the regime.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

*shrugs*

then haters gonna hate.

if you're right then it must really suck to be them.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

You don't think this is going to lead to all out war? We just killed one of the top guys in Iran.

Like I said, Iran has had a target drawn on it for a longtime. You really think TPTB are going to give up this golden opportunity to put boots on the ground and bend Iran to their will?

Even if Russia and China don't get involved we're not looking at a nice, easy, conflict. The Iranian military are definitely better armed and better trained than the Afghani, Iraqi, Libyan, and Syrian militaries. And how many men did we lose in those conflicts?

Well, if we go to war, we go to war.

I guess we could have gone the appeasement route.

That always works out well.

Some guy named Chamberlain tried it a while back also.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join