It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest 1980 Pt II - Will There Be An Answer?

page: 110
<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Some further excitement.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

An interesting theory conveyed to a jolly 'ole prof with a lot of charisma, but the recovery of a test vehicle doesn't explain why such an activity would take place over THREE nights from 25th - 27th Dec 1980.

It does correlate with Sgt Bustinza's unique, uncorroborated claim in Fawcett's 1984 interview (sourced countless times in this thread) that something had been sitting in a field for three nights before being recovered on his last day of duty (after Halt's romp on 27th) before going on leave, when he was head of security for such an alleged retrieval.

It's also worth considering that if the prof's story is indeed correct, it doesn't necessarily mean that the 'test vehicle' exercise occurred between 25th - 27th Dec 1980. Perhaps it DID occur as an entirely unrelated incident to our current Xmas story, during a different period of time for which no paperwork has been released. Maybe THAT was what Bustinza was referring to in 1984? Did he get his dates mixed up? Who knows?

edit on 26-1-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

if there was something in the feild during the day you would thing allot more people including their locals notice it.

if it were a test over Christmas(maybe to avoid looking about) break and maybe on one night something had a problem and some other people had to come get the crashed test platform

add people seeing things they dont understand, to possible microwave type weaponry and MK interrogation techniques and maybe orders to tell crazy stories to help cover what really went on

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The professors take is that it was a combination of things, burning up of Russian space junk ect, but he is also big on the Ian ridpath( lighthouse explains everything theory ) I do like the professors videos but he's not right with this one.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: wobbs62

I wont watch one again. My first and last😁.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

The Professor has made a habit of claiming he's getting new information from secret sources. Perhaps I've missed it, but he entitled a video about the "solution to Roswell" and two minutes in tells you this video is about something else, and he'll get to Roswell another video.

If anyone can find the video where he does disclose the secret to Roswell, let us know.

Must be too boring too bother with.

Then we have his BRAND new information on the RFI which is an ancient theory.

Either he's not doing due diligence on his contributors or he's just making clickbait, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

He can keep his secret sources. It was terrible!!

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: wobbs62
... he is also big on the Ian ridpath( lighthouse explains everything theory)...

Ridpath's exhaustive website dedicated to the RFI is EXTREMELY persuasive - even annoyingly so when I was a starry-eyed, excitable newcomer to the incident a long time ago. If Ian is indeed correct in all his theories, he would have nailed this mystery THIRTY-FIVE years ago in 1985!

One point that he has failed to address with any degree of persuasion (and pointed out to him in this very thread) is the identity of the blue, white and red lights as seen from the gate that kicked-off this whole case. The fireball? I doubt it due to the lights' duration. So that part of the tale remains a real head-scratcher, whereas the rest of Ridpath's research is pretty impressive, I must admit.

One more point is the two daylight visits by Suffolk police on Xmas Day morning and Boxing Day. If they had attended during night-time hours, would they have been just as startled as forest resident/employee Vince Thurkettle was when he was first confused by the powerful effects of the lighthouse beams in that PARTICULAR area of the forest? Could the mystery have been nipped in the bud by the UK's own police force? Instead, we had a parade of USAF personnel wandering into that spot over three days, all of them confused.

If they'd visited that same spot every day for a month, what are the odds that the same lighting effects would have occurred? It would support Ridpath's analysis and act as a very useful litmus test. A bit late now, though!

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

One more point is the two daylight visits by Suffolk police on Xmas Day morning and Boxing Day. If they had attended during night-time hours, would they have been just as startled as forest resident/employee Vince Thurkettle was when he was first confused by the powerful effects of the lighthouse beams....

The answer is no they weren't. The Police attended in the "early hours of the morning" of Boxing Day around 04:30am when it was still dark. The only lights they could see were those from the Orfordness Lighthouse as per their report. Thus supporting Ridpath's analysis and obviously claims about the "cover" story about a lighthouse.

The full Suffolk Police files is available as a pdf here : Link

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
How many times did he say woodfield instead of Woodbridge. a reply to: Baablacksheep

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ian ridpaths theory can explain some of the sightings but not all, as you say it doesn't explain the multi coloured lights that were seen by Burroughs and others on first night. a reply to: ConfusedBrit

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
The answer is no they weren't. The Police attended in the "early hours of the morning" of Boxing Day around 04:30am when it was still dark. The only lights they could see were those from the Orfordness Lighthouse as per their report.

Ta for clarifying. Having read the final letter from the police in 1999, they acknowledged that under certain weather and cloud conditions, the lighthouse beams did indeed cause "strange visual effects".

Regarding Ridpath and Thurkettle, they've had some flak over the years, yet they were initially both hopeful that the RFI really WAS something anomalous. As Thurkettle told Nick Pope:

There were some chips on the trees, but it wasn't the impact of anything. It was a guy called Bill Briggs who'd marked the trees to be felled. I went from extreme excitement that I was going to experience close encounters to extreme disappointment that everything I was seeing could be explained by normal forestry and wood craft.

... we are in a part of the forest with the amazing coincidence that Orford Ness lighthouse's beam shines into these woods... and it was a brilliant pulsing light, which looked as if it was in the trees. That's a fact.
Whether the airman were fooled by the beam, or whether they knew it was there and ignored it, that's been a point of debate ever since.

His views on the RFI's longevity are difficult to argue with:

Rendlesham will live and live. It's reckoned to be the second biggest UFO incident in the world and people love mysteries. Whatever happened here 25 years ago, something happened enough to make strong and intelligent men scared and write letters. So I think this is going to run and run. The mystery is embedded in our mythology now.

This thread has entered its SEVENTH year... I think we can expect another seven, easily.

edit on 28-1-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: wobbs62

Could not tell you, was too busy thinking I need an inhaler.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   

This thread has entered its SEVENTH year... I think we can expect another seven, easily. 

My goodness how time has flown CB. I suspect this year will consist of many treats.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

in 1000's of years this thread will be looked back on as either revolutionary or just silly old people

because at this point it was 3 thing 1)human activity 2)ET 3)nothing

we might be in a museum someday, or at least our digital words will be

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

If Jim Penniston is to be believed those time travellers probably already knew about this thread and decided to play a joke on him!!!

Those time travellers came back again in the early 2000s and hacked the Wayback Machine to make him look a liar.

They are probably still laughing now as they read this. Or will be in 8000 years.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

They are probably looking at it and thinking, we need to do some more latitude and longitude binary to keep this thread going...😄

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This should interest THE GUT.

Steve laPlume

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

edit on 2-2-2020 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep
This should interest THE GUT.

Steve laPlume

youtu.be...

Here's a quick summary of the part we're interested in. Nothing particularly new to this thread, but interesting to hear a 2020 take on events:

Steve was a good communicator as he described the two sightings one January night in 1981 with Palmer. They initially spotted what resembled a brighter-than-normal satellite in the south, bobbing up and down like a heartbeat monitor, miles high. Palmer called it in, leading to a fleet of personnel arriving - Chuck in his MG, Englund, General Williams, his excited wife and teenage kid, plus an unnamed Colonel (possibly Conrad). They saw nothing... but a second sighting occurred later that night which they didn't bother to phone in, despite assurances from officers that he'd done the right thing notifying them earlier in the evening.

Later, a large cigar-shaped object with clouds or fog around it approached them, Steve clearly seeing a square hatch underneath it, alongside other 'squares' and multi-coloured lights - "The greatest thing you'll ever see in your life," he told himself. However, if it was so much more impressive and potentially serious than the first incident, why didn't they call it in? They were guarding powerful weapons during the height of the Cold War after all.

Moreover, I'm reminded again of the lack of seriousness attached to the December incidents if Chuck, Williams and his happy family were treating it like a fun Disney ride in January. So much for alleged interrogations, enforced drugs, and general intimidation of witnesses.

Steve has no interest in the rest of this "huge mess" (as he called it), least of all Jimbo and his binary. In fact, on a side note, it recently occurred to me how terrified Jim must have been when the original statements were first made public in the late 1990s, because his carefully constructed story of a midnight start to events (so as to accommodate his alleged 45-minute inspection of a 'craft', etc) was about to be shot down in flames. And yet, 20 years later, this massive fundamental discrepancy hasn't prevented the publication of his and Osborn's book(s).

top topics

<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join