It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest 1980 Pt II - Will There Be An Answer?

page: 183
<< 180  181  182   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 05:38 PM
link   
See…..this is BS…..this is how history and folklore are changed…..by the intentional twisting of the details.

The top drawing is the RFI cannon depiction of the craft already known throughout the world.

Then here comes the production dweebs of the Capel Green production….and now they want to change the craft design in the bottom drawing.

And Capel Green is being called a so called documentary. It’s looking to be more of a mockumentary!

What a farce!

👽

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think the top drawing was drawn by Penniston and was based on the first night encounter, whereas the lower is Larry Warren’s interpretation from the third (or fourth) night, in the Capel Green clearing.

It will be interesting if this documentary will include testimony from other witnesses who can corroborate Larry's encounter, for example from Bustinza . .

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Defragmentor

I’ve already had grandchildren waiting for the movie to come out…..and so the wait continues and probably the family tree grows…

👽

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Defragmentor
I think the top drawing was drawn by Penniston and was based on the first night encounter, whereas the lower is Larry Warren’s interpretation from the third (or fourth) night, in the Capel Green clearing.
Penniston's drawing on Ian Ridpath's site looks different, but maybe Penniston made more than one drawing. He probably doesn't want people to see this one, because it has a question mark next to it, which I interpret to mean he's not really sure what the object looked like.

Rendlesham Forest UFO – the witness statements

What I don't understand is how if Burroughs and Penniston were almost right next to each other, how one could see an object and how the other couldn't see an object but could only see lights? That seems like some major inconsistency, even without considering Penniston's claims about spending 45 minutes walking around the object, when Burroughs said that didn't happen, and when Penniston's own statement, and his radio communications with his supervisor, confirmed he never got any closer than 50 meters to the object.

The only witness to claim he saw a mechanical object was Penniston. The others have only ever described seeing lights. During the incident, Penniston estimated that he got no closer than about 50 metres to the object and that every time he tried to approach it, it moved ahead of him. This was relayed at the time by radio to his supervisor, Master Sergeant Chandler, who confirms it in his own statement. There was no mention at the time of the much closer and extended encounter that Penniston has since claimed (see Point 5, below).

www.ianridpath.com...

It will be interesting if this documentary will include testimony from other witnesses who can corroborate Larry's encounter, for example from Bustinza . .
It seems a bit late for that, given how memory accuracy declines with time. Just the drama between Peter Robbins and Larry Warren, and others, was almost too much to handle:

A Statement from Peter... It's like Peter was supporting Larry Warren's credibility for 24 years, but then, somehow he learned the truth, and now it seems Larry Warren's veracity is, would "questionable" be the right word? Though that's not exactly how Peter describes it in that link.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1
Ophi am saying little re all of this. Some for various reasons. Anyway , did you complete the new Heseltine book. And after that are all the other books to include Penniston and Osborns book. Then to go through both this thread and the first thread again that Mirageman created.

Have fun.
😉

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Defragmentor

Defrag , Capel Greens release date is changed again. I guess time will tell?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: baablacksheep1

Didn’t know you were keeping tabs 😉

No ….not done reading…..got about 1/2 left in between other reads in progress. (I’m past the point of a young 19 year old Warren at Capel Green)

As for reading any other RFI books…..N-H is all I have in my library on RFI. As for re-Perusing two of the longest winded threads on this forum…..I think not 😴

I’ll tell you one thing……every now and then …..I’ll come across subliminal wording in the N-H book that say’s “now look at the cover of this book, and as you do, say these words to yourself….….your getting sleepy…..s-l-e-e-p-y……s—-l—-e—-e—-p——y…….keep saying that to yourself” 🥱😴 And then I awake and find myself in some physical discombobulated position 🥴 on the toilet, on the floor, in my reading chair…etc. I’m not sure if I could complete N-H any time soon 😆

Don’t know BB….I’m certainly not going to post a scholastic book report if and when I’m done.

Capel Green is an enigma…..I read the credits to the movie….lots of production staff….yet zilch. One can only say so many times that it’s been delayed before the public just ignores those excuses…..and abandons the wait…like I’m getting close to.

In comparison…..DeLonge and his ragtag crew actually managed to release their film.

RFI is an interesting “he said she said” story about a haunted forest….oooops…did I just say it’s about the paranormal? Nahhhhh

Wasn’t that area into Druidism in days of old? (besides the well known Stonehenge)

You once wrote that druidry is about listening to the language of the trees and wind, the pack and the herd, the moss and the fungi. What is your corner of the world saying to you these days?

I live near the coast of the North Sea, in Suffolk, East Anglia. I live on the edge of a village, right next to the heathland, near to Sutton Hoo, famous for the Saxon longship burial and King Raedwald’s palace in neighbouring Rendlesham Forest.

This land is steeped in ancient history, with Celtic burial mounds and henges dotted across the landscape, Norman churches built on older, Pagan sites, and a recently discovered sacred site in nearby Woodbridge where offerings were made to the water from natural springs in the Iron Age. All of this history speaks to me, informs me of the human element to this landscape.

Although imo…..there is some commonality between UFOlogy and the Paranormal in general.

BB🍻

👽
edit on 8-2-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Didn’t know you were keeping tabs

As far as the Heseltine book cover goes. Several books out there have the same cover. It's not very imaginative, but , perhaps looking at it might assist as a sleep aid. I guess you are safer to read it lying down Ophi! I have not read it myself, it's not on my required reading list . Am always interested in what others might think though.

We won't go there re that magic forest. It's home to all sorts of things or least how the legends go. As far as CapelGreen goes. Who knows when that shall be? It's certainly not happened yet. I'm not expecting it any time soon myself.

edit on bamambSaturdayam2024-02-10T07:13:59-06:00k5907 by baablacksheep1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
Capel Green is an enigma…..I read the credits to the movie….lots of production staff….yet zilch. One can only say so many times that it’s been delayed before the public just ignores those excuses…..and abandons the wait…like I’m getting close to.

In comparison…..DeLonge and his ragtag crew actually managed to release their film.

RFI is an interesting “he said she said” story about a haunted forest….oooops…did I just say it’s about the paranormal? Nahhhhh

Wasn’t that area into Druidism in days of old? (besides the well known Stonehenge)
Rendlesham forest incident is a real historical event where some people saw some lights they didn't understand, kind of a boring story if it ends there. It's been spiced up with a lot of fictional mythology, like Peter Robbins eventually learned that the account by Larry Warren contained fiction, we know from John Burroughs and other first-hand accounts that Penniston's story about walking around a landed craft for 45 minutes is complete fiction when all the evidence says he never got closer than 50 meters to any object. I don't consider that “he said she said” when there's a single witness like Penniston, whose account differs from multiple other witness accounts and written documentation collected at the time of the incident, especially when we can document in detail how that single unreliable witness account has changed over the years, so it's not even self-consistent with the same witness. Don't even get me started on the binary code which even lots of the UFO true believers have problems with, and for which there is damning evidence in this thread.

If you're interested in fictional stories based loosely on historical events like much of the RFI story, and in Druids, there is a TV show called Britannia, loosely based on the historical invasion of druid-controlled territory in 43 AD by the Romans. As with the RFI, there is a historical element to the story, but also like RFI, it's been largely embellished with plenty of fiction and fantasy, maybe a little too much at times, but I still enjoyed the story. It was entertaining, and I had to watch until the end. It's 3 seasons long so if you haven't seen it, you could have something to watch while you're waiting for Capel Green to be released, if it ever will be.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Thx Arbi…

Looks like a decent production…..I will watch….see how it goes.

🍿🍺👽

edit on 10-2-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 05:48 AM
link   

edit on 2/11/2024 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 05:49 AM
link   

edit on 2/11/2024 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: profsimon

You have gone into three threads and done the same thing!

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 01:46 AM
link   
IMBd have the release date for capel green down as 26th April......but from what I have seen it could be summer, the release date just keeps being put back every 3 months, so nothing new there.
Why some of you want to see it when you already know what happened there is confusing though.

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Long time lurker and first time poster. The OP was one of my fav members here. I have noticed no threads or comments since long before Xmas by them

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Does anyone know what has happened to mirageman?

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteeJ
Does anyone know what has happened to mirageman?

Perhaps he got frustrated, as did many other ATS members, with the unannounced ATS website password lockouts and website service interruptions…..and moved on to another likeminded website and forum.

👽☕️🍩

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yeah, just what I was thinking, that we're missing some of the old-timers here like mm and others...

This used to be the joint on UFOs.

I hope somehow they get back.

new topics

top topics

<< 180  181  182   >>

join