It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 15 Astronaut Says Humans Are Descendants Of Ancient Aliens

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: easynow

There are people who from all walks of life who have this personal belief that humans are descended from/engineered by aliens. However, just because there are people who believe this, that doesn't make it more likely to be true -- nor does it make it more true if it comes from an astronaut.

Sure, it's within the realm of possibility that it's true (that is, I can't prove that it is false), but this is simply Worden's personal belief, and not based on any in-depth reserch he has done on the human genome. Take what he says as if it was said by someone not famous.

originally posted by: data5091
This is a possibility that you cannot necessarily rule out in my opinion, for example.

I think the idea of panspermia (that Earth life started because it came here from elsewhere by chance, hitching a ride on an asteroid or comet) has more of a chance of being true than what Worden is saying -- i.e., that aliens fairly recently came to an Earth that already had complex life and intentionally created/engineered the human species.

Those are two very different things.

edit on 20/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

edit on 20-8-2018 by fakedirt because: try again

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

''The White people will build villages of stone, so large that you can not walk through them in a day.
The People (Hopi) that go to live in these villages will go to sleep. (Lose their connection with
Earth, and thus their spirituality.) These People will be lost to us. When the gourds of ashes are
dropped by Eagle, the stone villages will become tombs. The third Shaking will tell the People to
follow the animals. We will survive. We will survive. The 4th cycle will be at end.''

koyannisqaatsi? spelling lol!

hello lumenari if you would could you verify/set me straight that j. edgar hoover did/didn't visit the hopi during appropriation (land seizure) excercises.

to mods--- please consider the request a relevant question with regards to the Apollo 15 astrodude thread. no wipey please.

regards f.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
When we are discussing origins of life it's NOT: Aliens, God, Evolution.

Evolution has no answer for how life started. It only deals with existing life evolving into what we see today.

It's either God or something extra-terrestrial.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
One thing to consider though is ancient aliens do not resolve the creationism question. Even if they did create or ARE our civ, that doesn’t answer the question of where they came from. The Ancient Aliens guys and Sitchin said the same thing.
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

edit on 20-8-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
When we are discussing origins of life it's NOT: Aliens, God, Evolution.

Evolution has no answer for how life started. It only deals with existing life evolving into what we see today.

It's either God or something extra-terrestrial.

"God of the Gaps"

That's the idea that if our knowledge of nature and the universe is missing something, then that missing piece must be the work of God (or some other supernatural/paranormal reason).

However, history has shown that past gaps in our knowledge that were previously ascribed to God or the supernatural using this "God of the Gaps" reasoning has later to become known and have a natural explanation.

edit on 20/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I can't find my post, can someone post if for me, I want to see how many stars I got.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
What I find suspicious is how many Sumerian tablets are just locked up and not translated.

I also find this suspicious:

The National Museum of Iraq is a museum located in Baghdad, Iraq. Also known as the Iraq Museum, it contains precious relics from the Mesopotamian, Babylonian and Persian civilization. It was looted during and after the 2003 Invasion of Iraq. Despite international efforts, only some of the stolen artifacts were returned. After being closed for many years while being refurbished, and rarely open for public viewing, the museum was officially reopened in February 2015.

National Museum of Iraq

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: ausername

I want to believe the evolution myth but I don't think it's real

why are we the only species to evolve it doesn't make sense? what about sharks and alligator's why is it only a single species that has evolved the way we have?

something else is going on that we can't understand or don't want to believe

Excellent point and probably one of the strongest arguments for the AA theory. That said, I’m sure there are probably biological explanations (at least in part) for why other species that have also been around for millions of years can’t/don’t evolve like humans. It’s curious that’s the case given the evolution theory means each generation learned a little more, passed that on and built on that. One would think something similar would happen to other species as well but it doesn’t.

Another way of looking at it is, in a more primitive sense, we somehow evolved to be the top of the known food chain though we aren’t physically at the top of the food chain. Most of the evolutionary development of other known species is development that a) allows them to hunt better or b)protect themselves from other predators - basically to stay alive better. Though we did that as well, it’s odd that only one of thousands of species on a habitable planet made it that far and is so wildly advanced cognitively beyond all others - while all other “wild animals”/predators tend to be relatively consistent in terms of their cognitive advancement.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The answers lay in our DNA. And some of the gene's we have. Sir Frances Crick identified something strange did he not? The Fox gene etc which may be indicative that we are as a result of AA.

There seems to me to be that there are so many things that make sense which suggest AA is the answer and as just referred earlier why are we the only species to evolve it doesn't make sense.

But one could list so many examples indicative factors which point to AA!

We are from the stars or at least some of our genes etc are!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
funny how when someone says we and the whole universe were created by a God and there is a book that has this written in it, he gets ridiculed and gets called every name in the book, but when an astronaut says that we are the aliens that came here long time ago in a spacecraft and say things like

“And if you don’t believe me, go get books on Ancient Sumerians and see what they had to say.” “They’ll tell you right up front,”

heres when everybody gets exited and you see flags and stars thrown around as if the guy presented any proof to begin with.

All fair points.

I think the creation argument only gets dismissed because it’s somewhat of a cop out for trying to explain something we can’t really explain.

Said differently, and depending on ones view of organized religion, telling people there was no evolution and God created all of us and every single thing is just a tidy way of creating an answer that people could buy and keep them aligned with the religious narrative/under common control of the church. It’s not all that long ago from a historical perspective that astronomers/scientists who questioned the party line of major world religions met with execution - clearly the church has wanted to protect that narrative (and control). To this day, speaking against creation to a religious person is blasphemous in the highest order - despite there being lots of evidence for at minimum evolution.

So, when an 86 y/o astronaught who has been places you and I haven’t and is in the twilight of his life - probably no longer fearing repercussions from violating NDAs or things of that nature - speaks out its worth listening to. It’s either the rants of an aging man who is experiencing his second childhood or he reached the “f it” point and decided to share what he knows from experience. If the latter is true - then it’s pretty fascinating and something worth exploring. If the former is true - it’s at least an entertaining thought exercise.

(post by kingparrot removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: easynow

The only way aliens could be involved in our creation would be either..

1. The aliens came here billions of years ago and seeded life with microbes then waited billions of years watching it evolve into us.

Or

2. The aliens genetically modified an existing primate species on earth to create humans hence the "missing link".

His assertion that "we are the aliens, we came from somewhere else" is proven incorrect by the fossil record.

Id say #2 is reasonable scenario, but what this guy is saying? Nah

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I 100% believe what Al Worden said is what actually happened. I've felt this way for a long time, and it would explain much. I'm surprised this was even allowed to air. Those idiots TV casters thought he was making a joke - that's how completely oblivious we are as a species about our own origins. It's really sad if you think about it. In the ancient past our race was in a fight for its own survival, and we don't even remember the sacrifices made by people just like me and you. It's a disgrace.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

and they are still here, according to other astronauts

this is their round a bout way of telling what they witnessed on the moon

Nope. Those stories turn out to be misinterpretations, fabrications and other spurious myths.

The origin question seems a legitimate topic for rational debate. It's interesting that
Worden shares the 'planted' idea, but it's not evidence in favor of it being true.

edit on 20-8-2018 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening
We have hundreds of books older than this guy that tell ALL about our reality and past, but since some astronaut said it, people pay attention finally.

Sweet Jim Irwin spent [and risked] the rest of his life trying to prove Noah's Ark was real, so cut them a little slack. Even Ed Mitchell got taken in by Uri Geller and [briefly] S Greer; all you have to do is read Mitchell's published report on his private Apollo-14 ESP test to see how brilliant people can be taken in even by their own imaginations.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I think Buzz wants to tell everyone

I think Buzz tells everyone exactly what he wants to tell, the true story of Apollo-11.

We went, we came back, we did it again and again, the van Allen belt didn't hurt anybody, we released all the pictures and audio tapes nd samples, we didn't meet aliens. And if you want to call him a liar, don't let your nose get within an arm's length of his fist.
edit on 20-8-2018 by JimOberg because: edit

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Now that will make an evolution beliver...

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think it's possible we were somehow engineered by an extraterrestrial species. At the same time though, if you dismiss creation theory and believe in evolution, then I don't see why it's also impossible to believe that we did evolve from a native Earth species. After all, if aliens DID create the human species, then said aliens would have had to evolve too. If they could be a product of evolution, I don't know why we couldn't be as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Of course, if it all came from ancient aliens, where did they come from?

Ancient alien monkeys, that evolved from ancient alien primordial soup, billions of years ago on an ancient alien planet in an ancient alien goldilocks zone around an an ancient alien star.

Obviously

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join