It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 15 Astronaut Says Humans Are Descendants Of Ancient Aliens

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9
When I hear something about Eagle landing on the moon I immediately think eclipse. The eagle is the sun and the moon is the moon. When they come together one could say that the eagle has landed on the moon. Or you could say the moon has landed on the eagle depending on your point of view. So the eagle lands on the moon and people on Earth can deduce something. There are cycles.

"Eagle" was the nickname for only the Apollo 11 Lunar Module. Other Lunar Module nicknames were Intrepid (Apollo 12), Aquarius (Apollo 13/Never landed due to accident), Antares (Apollo 14), Falcon (Apollo 15), Orion (Apollo 16), and Challenger (Apollo 17).

Spider (Apollo 9) was an LM test-flown in Earth orbit, and Snoopy (Apollo 10) was test-flown in lunar orbit.

edit on 21/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: easynow

Seems like every Astronaut has something to say about the existence of Aliens, and I'm wondering what the members of ATS think about these comments ? is it just crazy conjecture ? or the truth ?

Crazy conjecture. Generally speaking, and certainly back then, the astronaut core was made up of engineers, test pilots, and those of a similar educational background who likely never took a course in anthropology or paleontology in their lives. What do they know about human origins? Whatever they read in a book by Erik von Daniken. In other words, not only are they not experts in the field they are almost completely naive about the subject. This is yet another example of the invalid "argument from authority." Just because he flew around the Moon does not make him an expert in every field in which he cares to opine.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard
I think it's possible we were somehow engineered by an extraterrestrial species. At the same time though, if you dismiss creation theory and believe in evolution, then I don't see why it's also impossible to believe that we did evolve from a native Earth species. After all, if aliens DID create the human species, then said aliens would have had to evolve too. If they could be a product of evolution, I don't know why we couldn't be as well.

I was engineered by an alien species!?!?!?

Wow quality assurance sure does suck in space. I'd like to write a letter to Space Underwriter's Lab for this one.

If aliens engineered me, why I breath, drink, and eat from the same hole?!?!? You know how many humans die just because of that?!?? There's going to be a recall, or a class action suit, I tell you what.

Also, not as problematic, and maybe "clever", why do I expel waste liquid and reproduce from the same hole????

And now that I'm getting older, why the hair from my head showing up on my shoulders and in my ears?!?! Gotta fix the hair relocation issues.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

This is yet another example of the invalid "argument from authority." Just because he flew around the Moon does not make him an expert in every field in which he cares to opine.

I completely agree that simply being an astronaut does not automatically qualify him to be "more" of an authority. However, he could become a "lay-expert" on a subject by reading up on it and doing some investigative research....

...But then again, so can my next door neighbor who works HR for an accounting firm. He could also do the legwork to become a "lay-expert" on the subject of human origins, but then I don't think anyone would take notice of a thread that is titled:
"An HR Manager for an Accounting Firm says Humans Are Descendants Of Ancient Aliens"

"Astronaut" carried more caché, even though it's meaningless.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Ooh, nailed it.

Opine? I didn't think anyone actually used that word in the past 100 years. What's YOUR true origin there Schuyler? LOL.

Seriously though, yeah, like you said, he read a book, now has it in his head. This didn't come from actually talking to an alien or anything.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
If aliens engineered me, why I breath, drink, and eat from the same hole?!?!? You know how many humans die just because of that?!?? There's going to be a recall, or a class action suit, I tell you what.

They had to work with what was already here -- some early form of human-like primate that was going evolotionarily nowhere, and needed some tweaking to turn into us.

I'm just making that up, but that would be a plausible response if I wanted to play devil's advocate.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

What do you think that monolith was for?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Crazy conjecture.

Poisoned by all that Sitchin nonsense. Graham Hancock may be way off base on a lot of things, but he at least has good arguments as to why the "ancient aliens" theory is simply not necessary to fill in the gaps of human history around the Younger Dryas Boundary.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Because they do not want to. They are already evolved. Probably naturaly high swimming and eating. No money. They don't wanna drive or go to the Moon or play video games or start a war.
edit on 21/8/2018 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leaflock

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

People are entitled to their beliefs as long as they don't expect other people to share them.

I don't share this belief of yours. And since your comment insinuates you're not allowed to argue your point, as if you expect me to be converted to your position, I would say your assertion is rather meaningless insofar as conversation goes, no?

I'd say that any conversation that relies solely on bogus "facts" would certainly suffer under those circumstances.
I'd also wonder why anyone thinks such a conversation without such such circumstances would be worth having.

Harte

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Maybe mutual mental masturbation rather than solo, I suppose.

Harte

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Seems like every Astronaut has something to say about the existence of Aliens, and I'm wondering what the members of ATS think about these comments ? is it just crazy conjecture ? or the truth ?

Crazy conjecture. Generally speaking, and certainly back then, the astronaut core was made up of engineers, test pilots, and those of a similar educational background who likely never took a course in anthropology o%r paleontology in their lives. What do they know about human origins? Whatever they read in a book by Erik von Daniken. In other words, not only are they not experts in the field they are almost completely naive about the subject. This is yet another example of the invalid "argument from authority." Just because he flew around the Moon does not make him an expert in every field in which he cares to opine.

You really make me laugh here. You stated, 'just becuase he flew around the moon' as if its a walk to the local shop. You also state that his era of upbrininging and education, was in your words 'certainly back then' a relfection of his current views. However Einstien had split the atom and talked indepth about qauntum mechanics many years earlier and how it was spooky. You think for one second he wasnt on the cusp of modern science?
edit on 21/8/2018 by Hanrak77 because: .

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
All you have to do is look at the ancient megalithic civilization that was clearly here before the Mayans, and the Egyptians.

Go to Cusco, Peru and see the evidence. You can clearly see the progression from Megalithic, to Mayan, to Spanish construction right in the streets.

Lost technology and lost history. I believe they were here and started our civilization.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

"An HR Manager for an Accounting Firm says Humans Are Descendants Of Ancient Aliens"

Space travel doesn't automatically make anyone an Ancient Alien expert, I agree,
but, seeing the cosmos from an off-Earth perspective (as the Apollo astronauts did)
is such a profound experience it can alter a persons outlook or viewpoint

Apparently that's what happened to Edgar Mitchell

Traveling back to Earth, having just walked on the moon, Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell had an experience for which nothing in his life had prepared him. As he approached the planet we know as home, he was filled with an inner conviction as certain as any mathematical equation he'd ever solved. He knew that the beautiful blue world to which he was returning is part of a living system, harmonious and whole—and that we all participate, as he expressed it later, "in a universe of consciousness."

Trained as an engineer and scientist, Captain Mitchell was most comfortable in the world of rationality and physical precision. Yet the understanding that came to him as he journeyed back from space felt just as trustworthy—it represented another way of knowing.

This experience radically altered his worldview:

Link - noetic.org...

So in my opinion ... an Astronauts opinion does have MORE meaning

and is far MORE interesting than your neighbors ! lol

Thank You Everyone for the great replies in this thread !

I really appreciate everyones input on this topic

and enjoy reading all the different perspectives

Cheers

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

People are entitled to their beliefs as long as they don't expect other people to share them.

I don't share this belief of yours. And since your comment insinuates you're not allowed to argue your point, as if you expect me to be converted to your position, I would say your assertion is rather meaningless insofar as conversation goes, no?
There have been times in history when that belief of mine that people are entitled to their beliefs was not shared by those in power, such as when Galileo wanted to believe that the Earth revolved around the sun and was willing to present the facts and let everybody else decide for themselves. He didn't expect other people to believe it if they weren't convinced by the facts, but he suspected people with an open mind could decide for themselves if the facts justified such a belief.

That was a very sad time in human history, though the Catholic Church did apologize for its treatment of Galileo, centuries after the fact. If you don't share my belief that Galileo was entitled to his belief that the Earth revolved around the sun, then I feel very sorry for you.

originally posted by: Harte
I'd say that any conversation that relies solely on bogus "facts" would certainly suffer under those circumstances.
I'd also wonder why anyone thinks such a conversation without such such circumstances would be worth having.

Harte
I've been able to find bogus claims from Sitchen that aren't facts, but I honestly would have considered what Worden said with more weight if he hadn't mentioned Sumerian texts at all. I don't have any serious objections to panspermia theory that we might be descended from martians for example, in which case Worden would be right that we are "aliens" if our true origin is Mars, but Sumerian texts don't really say anything about that as far as I can tell, and it's just a possibility.

If life is found on Mars and the DNA shows enough similarity to DNA on Earth suggesting a common origin, then it might become a very strong possibility and then Worden might be right about us being "aliens", even if he's wrong about what the Sumerian texts say.

However the Mars rocks that make it to Earth's surface have been though a very rough ride entering the Earth's atmosphere, so it would be remarkable if a life form survived that ride. Whether it could survive depends on how big the rock was, how hot it got inside, and how hardy the life form was. It wouldn't be easy to survive but maybe it's not impossible if the life form isn't too complex.

edit on 2018821 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanrak77

Crazy conjecture. Generally speaking, and certainly back then, the astronaut core was made up of engineers, test pilots, and those of a similar educational background who likely never took a course in anthropology o%r paleontology in their lives. What do they know about human origins? Whatever they read in a book by Erik von Daniken. In other words, not only are they not experts in the field they are almost completely naive about the subject. This is yet another example of the invalid "argument from authority." Just because he flew around the Moon does not make him an expert in every field in which he cares to opine.

You really make me laugh here. You stated, 'just becuase he flew around the moon' as if its a walk to the local shop. You also state that his era of upbrininging and education, was in your words 'certainly back then' a relfection of his current views. However Einstien had split the atom and talked indepth about qauntum mechanics many years earlier and how it was spooky. You think for one second he wasnt on the cusp of modern science?

What an ignorant comment.
Einstein was a scientist.
Is this astronaut an Assyriologist?
Can't you think about what you're gonna say before you post?

Harte
edit on 8/21/2018 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
All you have to do is look at the ancient megalithic civilization that was clearly here before the Mayans, and the Egyptians.

Go to Cusco, Peru and see the evidence. You can clearly see the progression from Megalithic, to Mayan, to Spanish construction right in the streets.

You can plainly see this if you don't care to learn anything about the subject.

So, the Maya didn't build with megaliths? What about the Inca?

Harte

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

There have been times in history when that belief of mine that people are entitled to their beliefs was not shared by those in power, such as when Galileo wanted to believe that the Earth revolved around the sun and was willing to present the facts and let everybody else decide for themselves. He didn't expect other people to believe it if they weren't convinced by the facts, but he suspected people with an open mind could decide for themselves if the facts justified such a belief.

That was a very sad time in human history, though the Catholic Church did apologize for its treatment of Galileo, centuries after the fact. If you don't share my belief that Galileo was entitled to his belief that the Earth revolved around the sun, then I feel very sorry for you.

originally posted by: Harte

Harte
I've been able to find bogus claims from Sitchen that aren't facts, but I honestly would have considered what Worden said with more weight if he hadn't mentioned Sumerian texts at all. I don't have any serious objections to panspermia theory that we might be descended from martians for example, in which case Worden would be right that we are "aliens" if our true origin is Mars, but Sumerian texts don't really say anything about that as far as I can tell, and it's just a possibility.

If life is found on Mars and the DNA shows enough similarity to DNA on Earth suggesting a common origin, then it might become a very strong possibility and then Worden might be right about us being "aliens", even if he's wrong about what the Sumerian texts say.

Panspermia implies that everything on Earth is alien, and suggests everything everywhere is alien, and thus no life is truly "alien" to any place.

We cannot be from some other place than the place where we share more than half our DNA with bananas.

Harte

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fehrie
I feel like an alien on most days.

I wonder how many aliens feel like US on most days.

And I wonder if it's deemed a compliment!

I mumbled something in my intro thread about the universe teeming with advanced life, but bemoaning the extreme improbabilities of physical visitation HERE due to the sheer leaps, bounds and profound luck necessary to reach a sentient technical state of being, let alone then venturing into Space, even further alone the capacity to solve that pesky distance/density issue. And THEN achieve the perfect extreme coincidence of reaching 'lil 'ole Earth's lifetime "in time" (so to speak) so that we can appreciate their wares. Yadda yadda yadda. The numbers involved are so astronomically and mathematically depressing that it's a relief we can fall back on someone else...

Come on down, Monsieur Vallee, we're willing to listen now!
It's already a cliche but dimensional portals could yet mitigate the foundations for our astronaut's late-life announcement. YAYYYY!

Unless he's simply doing a Jesse Marcel. BOOOO!

PS: Since I joined last week, that's the first time I've posted with a few drinks inside me. I hope I don't regret it in the morning! Nah, should be okay...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: easynow

Will be reading up and watching this, =]
thanks!!!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join