It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 15 Astronaut Says Humans Are Descendants Of Ancient Aliens

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Not as easy as wikipedia.

Haven't you heard? Wikipedia is bad.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I can’t get the damn tablets to sit right on my book shelf, never mind trying to read in bed!

On the subject, heard the suggestion we are the most out of place species on the planet and it keeps me up at night wondering. Also keeps my mind open to any possibility. I have a strong feeling the Hopi Elders have more information than any wiki.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Also not what I said. Nice try though.

link   
a reply to: raedar

I can’t get the damn tablets to sit right on my book shelf, never mind trying to read in bed!

There's a link for that. I provided it a few pages back.
etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

link   

originally posted by: raedar

Also not what I said. Nice try though.

So, Wikipedia is good?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not what I said. Nice try though.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

So, say what the hell you mean.

Quite beating around the bush. Out with it!

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

I'm not one to call crap on beliefs. Overly specific predictions are another matter especially when produced after the fact and are rightfully looked at skeptically.

These days Tommy Jr. explains to visitors at his home — as the elders explained to the Dalai Lama — that Hopi warnings are not a prophecy, but predictions based on knowledge of human nature and the history of previous worlds destroyed by hubris. It’s an intuition based on centuries of careful observation of nature and people.

sacredland.org...

Since you have put me in such a good mood, I have a crazy Indian quote for you...

The White people will build villages of stone, so large that you can not walk through them in a day. The People (Hopi) that go to live in these villages will go to sleep. (Lose their connection with Earth, and thus their spirituality.) These People will be lost to us. When the gourds of ashes are dropped by Eagle, the stone villages will become tombs. The third Shaking will tell the People to follow the animals. We will survive. We will survive. The 4th cycle will be at end.

May be just the peyote, right?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The psychedelic experience, in my experience, tends to be more personal.

But, as I said, after the fact interpretations and claims of predictions (or prophesies) don't carry a lot of weight.

edit on 8/19/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't think I believe them.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

You got it.

On topic, Meanwhile I'm still flicking through, turning over, the Sumerian tablets. Might take me a while. Not as easy as wikipedia.

Not hard to look up Sumerian gods without referring to the tablet index and its translations.

kind regards,

bally

They did invent the colophon attribution system that ties together a library of different clay tablets ('cause you can hardly store any text on each palm sized tablet and if you make the tablets too large they are too fragile).

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: Phage

Please tell me he's not going by what Sitchin said. Or can anyone point out the Sumerian "books" he's talking about?

Unless we have someone who can read minds in the thread you would have to ask him to point out the Sumerian "books" he's talking about. I am sure you are aware of the Sumerian creation myth. That would be my guess.

Edit: Like I said I was sure you were aware.
You tell it better than Wikipedia too

The ancient Sumerians didn't have books. Or movable type, Or paper, or even inks. The technological pinnacle of their civilization was the mud brick and a base sixty number system that was damn near impossible to do math in.

Again Phage is being far too subtle.

They used clay tablets for writing in a similar way that we used PDA's back in the 2000's using a stylus. From tablets recovered from abandoned cities, they logged everything from astronomical events, to budgets and legal judgements.
Some of those astronomical data includes observations of meteorite impacts which are useable today.

The base 60 system allowed day-to-day use of mathematics without having to use fractions or irrational numbers. We've adapted it for time keeping (hours/minutes/seconds) and GPS coordinates (degrees, minutes seconds).

www.storyofmathematics.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah, but Candy Crush on a clay tablet took forever to play.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

On the subject, heard the suggestion we are the most out of place species on the planet and it keeps me up at night wondering. Also keeps my mind open to any possibility. I have a strong feeling the Hopi Elders have more information than any wiki.

Nah, we're mammals.

If you want weird, try octopi.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Didn't know that. My thinking was that system came with the ability to script write in conjunction with ancient texts on papyrus, clothe and later forms of paper.

Thanks for the insight.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Octopus is not Latin based.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Who knew flying to the moon makes you an expert on Alien life and history.

Wish I could fly there myself so all my views and opinions became valid because "I once flew to the moon".

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Me? I'd just like to go to the Moon.

Hell, a suborbital shot would be awesome.

A ride in the back seat of a Hornet!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Octopus is not Latin based.

Octopuses.

Perhaps I should have called them Calamaruses, for clarity?

edit on 20/8/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I prefer octopodes, but yours is more accessible.

Technically speaking, calamari would be the plural and are only very distant cousins of octopodes.

edit on 8/20/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well, despite the poopstorm whenever the stretchers Sitchen and the History Channel told come up, the ancient 'alien' humans gene splicing onto already existing Earthy hominids (or erectus poking) is a fine hypothesis for our genesis... though it only puts the problem of how life came about off by a few steps.

And that first causation is a show stopper.

Unfortunately, a whole lot of the ancient alien tropes are based on whimsy and book-tv sales... but humans are the weirdest animal we know and we might as well come from outer space, seeing as we mostly gave up on inner space some time ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join