It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 15 Astronaut Says Humans Are Descendants Of Ancient Aliens

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I feel like an alien on most days.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

What false narrative, is that?

Vague accusations prove nothing. KInda like an Apollo astronaut talking on a TV show showing no proof.

You want to be believed, come to the table with a bit more than "I think...". Phage did just that. Sitchin has been proven, over and over, to be nothing short of a liar.

If that's the "proof" Worden is siting...well, he's badly mistaken.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard...After all, if aliens DID create the human species, then said aliens would have had to evolve too. If they could be a product of evolution, I don't know why we couldn't be as well.

Yes. And the same is true for the idea of panspermia.

I suppose panspermia is within the realm of possibility, and that 4 billion years ago life on a brand-new Earth was seeded from microbes floating through space on an asteroid or space dust. However, that life originally had to come from somewhere, and maybe even somewhere else before that. That life had an ultimate origin.

So while people may doubt that abiogenesis (life starting spontaneously on a planet from non-liveing materials) can happen on Earth and use that doubt to advance their claim that Earth life must have been seeded by space microbes, it is almost certain that abiogenesis occured somewhere, so why not Earth as well?

edit on 20/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fehrie

Sounds like it's possible you may be suffering from a mental condition called normalcy, very rare these days. If so, unless you're treated with meds, you're likely to find yourself thinking and doing all sorts of sane things.

As to the thread, so, some astronaut said it all began like a Star Trek episode? Realizing this is going to seem highly impolite, but do you have any proof, strong evidence, shoot, anything that would hold up to even half-baked scrutiny this is true, for those on drugs, anyway? Does James Irwin coming back from space, one of the astronauts that walked on the moon, strongly convinced God created the universe, serve to cancel this dude out? What about the volumes of evidence Irwin could draw upon, from the past thousands of years, the other millions and millions convinced of the absolute scripture truth of God, as evidenced by hundreds of supernaturally fulfilled prophecies, to the letter, as well as what Irwin saw in creation, itself, of God, that scripture also prophesies creation attests to? (I've always had to wait for you evolution guys to explain away irredicible complexities, in everything down to single cells, and where all the transitional forms went.)

Anyway, let's see your evidence the earth was seeded by Klingons or whatever. And please don't make anybody hold their breath?

(Maybe we shouldn't mention John Glenn, Frank Borman, Charles Duke or Buzz Aldrin celebrating communion on the moon, all men of God. So, how many other astronauts share the "it was the Klingons" creation view, anyway?)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing

Does James Irwin coming back from space, one of the astronauts that walked on the moon, strongly convinced God created the universe, serve to cancel this dude out?

Quite. Different people have opinions about how life began, and those opinions are not necessarily more valid because of what that person does/did for a living.

For example, Astronaut Al Worden's opinion on the origin of the human species does not carry additional weight than Astronaut James Irwin's differing opinion, and neither of their opinions necessarily carry more weight than a person who works as an accountant, plumber, engineer, farmer, teacher, etc.

Ascribing too high a value to Al Worden's opinion is confirmation bias. A person may say:

"Al Worden's ideas that Ancient Aliens created the human species sounds like a "cool" idea that I also think could be true. Therefore, since Worden's ideas are in line with my pre-conceived notions, they must have some validity"

However, what's missing from this illogical reasoning is that neither Worden nor this person could provide any real evidence that their opinions and pre-conceived notions have more validity than some other differing opinions. Al Worden is not an expert in the field of human origins, nor has necessarily studied it more than any other person could have studied it.

edit on 20/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This video makes me very happy. It’s my first and foremost belief of how we got here. I firmly believe that the reason The Theory of Evolution (which is real) has a missing link is because the link isn’t really missing at all.

Telling the masses that “an extraterrestrial civilization started mankind as we know it in Mesopotamia” would shatter world religion, and thereby shatter control.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing

Sounds like it's possible you may be suffering from a mental condition called normalcy, very rare these days. If so, unless you're treated with meds, you're likely to find yourself thinking and doing all sorts of sane things.

I would like for the world to one day acknowledge people that suffer from this mental illness and give them the equal treatment they deserve.

Until then I will simply sit at my desk and make paper cranes.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: easynow

It has to be conjecture. He is not stating a fact but his opinion. He is welcome to it.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Sexagesimal

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Base 60

It's funny Al Worden thinks that.

Base 60 is fun stuff, when used to analyze certain things... Especially things from space.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

However, what's missing from this illogical reasoning is that neither Worden nor this person could provide any real evidence that their opinions and pre-conceived notions have more validity than some other differing opinions. Al Worden is not an expert in the field of human origins, nor has necessarily studied it more than any other person could have studied it.

I've found more and more, especially the past decade, with the web insanity spreading like a disease, that what a person wants to believe will trump all evidence, that a person that insists on believing the most ridiculous things can't be moved by a mountain of evidence, that is to the contrary. These alien guys will hear nothing to the contrary, as if they were crack babies, imprinted by Star Trek.

This is most prevalent in spiritual matters, where, at the heart of it, is a rejection and hatred for God. Most atheists, that aren't merely idiots, when backed into a corner admit their problem is hatred of God, will often begin the honest part of the discussion, saying what they really think, what their philosophical objections to God are. I've actually gotten this out of a few of them. In most cases, evidence isn't useful where people have, what amounts to, their own religion, whether it's aliens or a Big Bang that banged everything into order from nothing, an explosion, mind you, resulting in order. If any do really accept that rubbish, they find God a stretch, just how?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I would like for the world to one day acknowledge people that suffer from this mental illness and give them the equal treatment they deserve.

Until then I will simply sit at my desk and make paper cranes.

Nothing wrong with paper cranes. They're a much better use of time than most of what you'll find here, and they're practical, well behaved, easy on bird seed. Hmm... Alien paper cranes. That would make a good thread, and good for at least 10 pages.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Ignore. Double post demon strikes again!
edit on 20-8-2018 by Scrutinizing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt
''The White people will build villages of stone, so large that you can not walk through them in a day.
The People (Hopi) that go to live in these villages will go to sleep. (Lose their connection with
Earth, and thus their spirituality.) These People will be lost to us. When the gourds of ashes are
dropped by Eagle, the stone villages will become tombs. The third Shaking will tell the People to
follow the animals. We will survive. We will survive. The 4th cycle will be at end.''

koyannisqaatsi? spelling lol!

That's not in the Hopi legends. It's taken from a New Age BS source and was written in modern times.

Harte
edit on 8/20/2018 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: jjkenobi
When we are discussing origins of life it's NOT: Aliens, God, Evolution.

Evolution has no answer for how life started. It only deals with existing life evolving into what we see today.

It's either God or something extra-terrestrial.

"God of the Gaps"

That's the idea that if our knowledge of nature and the universe is missing something, then that missing piece must be the work of God (or some other supernatural/paranormal reason).

However, history has shown that past gaps in our knowledge that were previously ascribed to God or the supernatural using this "God of the Gaps" reasoning has later to become known and have a natural explanation.

The gaps are in the science. It is the science that is deficient, not theistic cosmology.

It's like saying that you don't accept something (a theistic cosmology) because you are stupid (there are gaps in your knowledge).

Actually... I suppose it is self explanatory.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Thank you.

Those "prophecies" first appeared in 1958.

Harte

ETA: By a white guy.
edit on 8/20/2018 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
What I find suspicious is how many Sumerian tablets are just locked up and not translated.

I also find this suspicious:

The National Museum of Iraq is a museum located in Baghdad, Iraq. Also known as the Iraq Museum, it contains precious relics from the Mesopotamian, Babylonian and Persian civilization. It was looted during and after the 2003 Invasion of Iraq. Despite international efforts, only some of the stolen artifacts were returned. After being closed for many years while being refurbished, and rarely open for public viewing, the museum was officially reopened in February 2015.

National Museum of Iraq

They have been photographed, rubbings taken, mostly translated and catalogued (prior to the thefts).

The museum was reopened to the public 3 years ago.

What is suspicious about it?

edit on 20/8/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

appreciate the reply to a point occasionally niggling me for some years.

how about the j.edgar hoover part?

regards f.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

The answers lay in our DNA. And some of the gene's we have. Sir Frances Crick identified something strange did he not? The Fox gene etc which may be indicative that we are as a result of AA.

There seems to me to be that there are so many things that make sense which suggest AA is the answer and as just referred earlier why are we the only species to evolve it doesn't make sense.

But one could list so many examples indicative factors which point to AA!

We are from the stars or at least some of our genes etc are!

Mutational damage to the FOXP2 gene in humans causes severe speech disorder and hence it was labelled "the language gene", but it isn't the only gene that has an effect on language.

Although the human version of FOXP2 is unique, the gene, or orthologs of it, does appear in other vertebrates, such as mice, songbirds and chimpanzees.

So, the claim cannot be made that it came from an extraterrestrial source.

And, all life evolves. Not just humans. That is a scientific fact.

What has not been established in science is that evolution leads to the substantial 'speciation' and assumed ancestor-descendent species relationships proposed in the phylogenetic tree.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard
I think it's possible we were somehow engineered by an extraterrestrial species. At the same time though, if you dismiss creation theory and believe in evolution, then I don't see why it's also impossible to believe that we did evolve from a native Earth species. After all, if aliens DID create the human species, then said aliens would have had to evolve too. If they could be a product of evolution, I don't know why we couldn't be as well.

God, who created the universe, including the Earth is, by definition, extraterrestrial.

God obviously uses evolution to propagate biological diversity. We can see the operation of genetics, mutation, natural selection and so on.

There's also stuff that is well evidenced, that it entirely outside of evolution, that lead to biological diversity. Things like epigenetics, horizontal gene transfer, catastrophism/saltation and now, intelligent intervention.

As others have posted, evolution does not explain the origins of life. It explains how it diversifies. The Biblical Creation does not explain how life diversifies, it explains the origin of all things. They don't even touch each other as paradigms. So the conflict between evolutionists and and creationists is unreasonable on both sides.

The real conflict has more to do with 'deep time' and there are answers and solutions that appear to resolve those issues too.

All of the hypotheses/theories could be true at the same time.

God, a being separate and alien to us, created a universe in which life can diversify via a number of mechanisms, including evolution. See all easy and rational and for the most part, evidenced.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join