It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Kinds of People Here on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
evwryine has a religion.

Some, their political cause is their religion

Don’t. Follow their cause/religion and you are sub-human and what happens to you, you deserve.

People have to show that they are more pious/woke then the other followers, so the up the ante.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You forgot the conspiracy theorists. They may get political but maybe not. Look at the non political threads. They get massive flags.An example. I feel for those poor buggers that have to put up with our childishness.

Thus..

we enter the fifth age of... people

edit on 16-8-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
evwryine has a religion.

Don’t. Follow their cause/religion and you are sub-human and what happens to you, you deserve.

People have to show that they are more pious/woke then the other followers, so the up the ante.

Well that explains the martyr syndrome. This new wave of "someone did something to an X supporter" is annoying as hell. Grow some balls. Jeez.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: intrepid

You forgot the conspiracy theorists. They may get political but maybe not. Look at the non political threads. They get massive flags.An example. I feel for those poor buggers that have to put up with our childishness.

Thus..

we enter the fifth age of... people

I miss the age of Aquarius.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
evwryine has a religion.

You are one of those religiously political types in more than just my opinion I am willing to bet. You ARE the UNIPARTY.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
And what about those who don't give a rats behind about politics .

What about those of us who care more about Fukishima, earthquakes, solar storms.

?????????????

Even those topics create partisan friction. They also reveal another division on ATS: those who use critical thinking and stick to verifiable facts, and those who are prone to flights of fantasy.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I can sit down and discuss damn near any topic with almost any person, with the exception of one type of person.

The dishonest.

This is an internet forum where we can post anonymously, for the most part. The vast majority of people on this site are dishonest, even when there is no need to do so.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

What about those of us who care more about Fukishima, earthquakes, solar storms.

?????????????

Even those topics create partisan friction. They also reveal another division on ATS: those who use critical thinking and stick to verifiable facts, and those who are prone to flights of fantasy.

Oh good grief ... you are typing this on a conspiracy forum, yes?

To a certain extent, the reason why most topics here *are* here is because they do require a certain level of suspension of disbelief in order for you to get from point A to point B.

Anyone here has to decide just how far they are willing to go to entertain any notion put forward in any thread because most of the time they are going to make some leaps of reasoning or logic or simply an Ancient Aliens style "we don't know how it is but since nothing says it couldn't be aliens ... then ALIENS!" level of justification.

But next to nothing is going to be concrete and backed 100% by verifiable fact. If that's what you're looking for, I suggest there are other places more up your alley.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

There are 3 types of people on ATS!

Those that are good at numbers

And those that aren't.

There are 4.

Don't forget poster reassignment surgery!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: DJW001

?????????????

Oh good grief ... you are typing this on a conspiracy forum, yes?

To a certain extent, the reason why most topics here *are* here is because they do require a certain level of suspension of disbelief in order for you to get from point A to point B.

Anyone here has to decide just how far they are willing to go to entertain any notion put forward in any thread because most of the time they are going to make some leaps of reasoning or logic or simply an Ancient Aliens style "we don't know how it is but since nothing says it couldn't be aliens ... then ALIENS!" level of justification.

But next to nothing is going to be concrete and backed 100% by verifiable fact. If that's what you're looking for, I suggest there are other places more up your alley.

Always find it funny how people use the fact this is a conspiracy site to dismiss logic and reason.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There is a world of difference between examining a situation, however mysterious, from multiple angles and finding the most probable explanation, and seizing upon something simply because you can use it to justify a previously held belief. This applies to the political, economic, and even social realms as well.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

...The vast majority of people on this site are dishonest...

This statement screams volumes (about, ahem, ...well, you).

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

It sure does. I am willing to discuss any topic whatsoever and you can fully expect that I will be honest in our discourse. I have no reason to lie or conduct myself in a disingenuous manner in order to push some political narrative or agenda.

The same cannot be said about many of you, and, yes, I include you in that statement.

That being said, if my statement "screams volumes" about myself, what does it say?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You're a smart guy, you can figure it out.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Could be there is a blurring of the line between dishonest and uninformed.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I don't think that's what I said. I said that if you want 100% use of verifiable fact, then you won't find all of that here.

Logic and reasoning are and can be used to fill in holes in what the verifiable evidence shows us. "If, then" statements can be made using a fact. It happens all the time, but you may not be able to use facts to back up one half of your otherwise very logical assertion.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

It sure does. I am willing to discuss any topic whatsoever and you can fully expect that I will be honest in our discourse. I have no reason to lie or conduct myself in a disingenuous manner in order to push some political narrative or agenda.

The same cannot be said about many of you, and, yes, I include you in that statement.

That being said, if my statement "screams volumes" about myself, what does it say?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingclaydiskThere are far more than a few people here who have wildly different political views than I do, but with whom I would gladly welcome at my table, or gladly raise a toast to (grapejuice, coffee or wine) in celebration of our individuality.

I'm calling you out on this one. What is your bias against beer? Can I only drink wine or grape juice(screw that nasty coffee stuff) but not beer?

Beer bigot, I say and I'm dropping the hammer hard on you for being so hateful to those of us who love beer.

Ok, actually I'm full of it but in a goofy mood and I went there.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Like a duck, brother!

Like a duck.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I was tryin' to be 'inclusive'.

Missed beer though.

Beer's cool too. (don't drink the stuff myself, but no issues with it)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join