It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Kinds of People Here on ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

For you... Enjoy!!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Oh, by the way, will be talking to my guy in a couple of weeks.

If you want the crab, let me know.

You're giving people crabs? How can I sign up?

Check your PM

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: introvert

You're a smart guy, you can figure it out.

See.

Disingenuous.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I have always enjoyed coming to ATS for the giggles.

Yea, there are some things which raise my blood pressure, usually some comment from some dumb@$$ , but mostly I just like to read and learn from the thoughts of others.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

See.

Even further to my point!!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't think that's what I said. I said that if you want 100% use of verifiable fact, then you won't find all of that here.

Logic and reasoning are and can be used to fill in holes in what the verifiable evidence shows us. "If, then" statements can be made using a fact. It happens all the time, but you may not be able to use facts to back up one half of your otherwise very logical assertion.

True, but the fact this is a conspiracy site is used a crutch, in stead of, logic and reason.

It's ok to discuss conspiracy and theory, but you do not present it as fact or believe it to be true, which many do.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

See.

Even further to my point!!

You have yet to actually explain what your point was. You appear to be disingenuous and instead of addressing the issue head on, you skirt it with irrelevance.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Metallicus
I think the two types of people are authoritarians vs libertarians

And then there are those of us who believe a little authoritarianism can lead to greater liberty.

I agree with what you are saying conceptuallly, but there is always that thing called corruption. It seems very few people can be given any kind of authority without seeking personal advantage.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Political discourse is truly the way forward in the civilized world.

Thats probably why the US is looking less and less like a civilized country. The political system is so broken that there are no political solutions to the problems the US faces.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Im of the "life is too short brigade" but I still need to remind myself from time to time or perhaps im just a pussy

Always enjoy your posts flyingclaydisk

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

It's a great thread OP, one I happen to agree with you wholeheartedly with one exception..I believe there are more than 2 types of people that are members here at ATS.

I wouldn't say it's as easy as saying that there is always either staunchly right or staunchly left. For my part I will never argue in either camp because I believe it's unAmerican to ascribe any correct policy to a party line but to the people who represent the correct (correct is a bad word, what I mean is most advantageous to all Americans) policy(s).

Like you, I can think of maybe 1 or 2 people I've shared posts with on here that I find I would rather avoid in life, I find most I would actually like to know and interact with irrespective of whether or not I agree with them...it's likely we'd all learn something.

I personally, want to thank you for this thread...it voices how a lot of people should reflect on their fellow human beings and (for those of us that are) fellow Americans. I believe we're dividing ourselves at a time when we should be doing exactly the opposite. Regardless of how we feel about the state of our current administration, I think if we look back on years gone by, that so much has changed that we need to stand together. Our democratic republic is not an entitlement and there are no assurances of a continued great nation...only we can keep that going.

Well done, and thanks again.

edit on 16-8-2018 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The hate, negative argumentative comments and overall disrespect by some members,

I think "hate and overall disrespect" should be in a different camp than "negative argumentative comments" to be honest.

Hate and overall disrespect in my eyes defines someone differently than someone who simply disagrees with you by way of negative or argumentative commentary.

is so detrimental to the site, that in my personal experience, I have to stop reading many of these otherwise informative and interesting threads.

If we're talking about the aforementioned hate and overall disrespect, indeed you're right.

This trending and accelerating behavior (since my join date), just basically has to end, even at the expense of sequestering the big offenders. You can always get your point across without any negativity. People do it for attention probably more than anything else. Cut it out.

I think in this regard, you're hoping for something that can't happen. There will ALWAYS be people who hate for the sake of hate and who disrespect for the sake of disrespect, its become the culture for some people..whether they find it funny for laughs when they're drunk, or whether they are just naturally this way. It hardly matters as the end result in text is exactly the same. I just dont think we can ever have the bliss that we would all want.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

I could make a politcal joke here, but I think I will refrain!

Funny anyway.

You want serious?

We bicker and argue and fight and even get banned over things we have no control over.

People forget that the spouse sitting next to you, the children playing in the other room, the good dog at your feet, the food in your larder, the work that you do is the most important things on the planet.

We're only here for 80 odd years. If we're lucky.

Just live, love, laugh.

I cannot smile enough about, and applaud this sentiment enough.

Finger On The Freaking Nose Right There!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't get the "My views are untouchable and all mighty and if yours differ, you are scum" types in here and all over the internet. Surely these people don't act that way in the real world, right? They haven't myopically narrowed their group of friends based solely on a staunch, narrowly defined political view, have they? I would hope not.

Even on Facebook I see it. People I know, posting based on myopic extremist views, when in the real world, they NEVER talk about politics and we are all friends. I have several friends who I enjoy a few adult beverages with when time permits, and we have a great time enjoying each other. But those same friends on Facebook will go out of their way to make sure everyone knows that they don't think any left leaning person has ever been intelligent enough to even apply for a job in American history.

Sorry, but my friends are atheists, Christians, pastors, conservatives, liberals, some have never voted and couldn't tell you a thing about news or politics of the past 12 years. Some are gun owners and some don't like guns. A few of them are gay. All of them are my friends, and none of them are better than others based on how they vote or what views they have of any social or fiscal issue.

What is it about a keyboard that makes one feel like they have the sudden power to whip out some self righteous, I'm better than you, undeserved superiority complex is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

What is it about a keyboard that makes one feel like they have the sudden power to whip out some self righteous, I'm better than you, undeserved superiority complex is beyond me.

The above from a great post ...

I think sometimes peoples opinions can be so intense, or worded in a way that it comes off as self righteous. I’ve been guilty of that. That being said there are many self righteous comments from members who like to think their opinions superior to others.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

And girls...

they just wanna have fu-un.

Oh, girls just wanna have fuuuuuuuun!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

A lot of truth and blunt honesty in this OP, really great to read it FCD

In fact, I can honestly say, one of the people most diametrically opposed to my personal viewpoint I truly believe would be a good friend of mine in real life, even though we both know we vehemently disagree politically.

Political discourse is truly the way forward in the civilized world. I believe this anyway. I welcome opposing views to anything I post here. In the same breath, I take exception to the trollish folks who are bent on just inflicting pain and insults on others.

I don't expect to "boil the ocean", or solve "world hunger" with a post like this, but I truly do hope we can find a common ground where we can discuss our differences politically without resorting to violence and hate for our brothers and sisters.

That excerpt rings particularly true, at least IMO

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

S&F Clay

When the potty hits the fan, I hope we all can remember that we're all of us - not that bad

:-)

edit on 8/16/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
the site has been usurped by political hacks it's nearly a total waste of time to post anything outside of the confines of this hackery

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

It is still The Age of Aquarius.

There are many kinds of people who think they are different. But we are mostly the same, except the batsnip crazy ones.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join