It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME Magazine & CNN exposed pushing fake news imagery and propaganda.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

To be fair, the level of triggering that happens on the left is next level.

Speaking of the left, they are also by far the most illogical and emotional group.
edit on 22-6-2018 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

My OP is awesome, it has bought you and your mates to your knees - bigly.

Indeed. An OP that cannot prove it's basic premise is so awesome and it brought us to our knees.

I wonder, if it's so awesome, why were you dishonest?

The false narrative is that, up until this thread, you and your lib mates, including Fondler, believed she was separated, and the TIME cover is working that angle to stroke your confirmation biases - all of you. Once I proved, in the 2nd image of the OP, that the girl was never separated in the first place, your entire narrative was destroyed and to save yourselves from all being embarrassed, you jumped on the "prove she was separated" angle to deflect from the TIME cover and CNN push - the false narrative that she was separated and that Trump is intolerant of her plight. Time lied, CNN lied, you and your mates denied and deflected - par for the course

Are you doubling-down on your lies now?

That doesn't seem smart.

link   
a reply to: network dude

This kills me. I keep seeing this type of "logic" used. Yes, it happened under Obama, or whomever, but what makes you think it's not happening now? Well, the fact that there isn't an article about it springs to mind.

The article that was just published about this draws on records from 2009-2014. So should we just assume that since there are no articles addressing the period from 2015 & 2016, that the Obama admin fixed all the problems? Or nah?

Screw it. Obama fixed it because there was article about 2015 & 2016. Thanks Obama! Amirite?

Then again, I haven't seen any articles saying that there were mass firings either so I assume that some of these assholes are still employed. After all, no articles, right? So thanks Trump?

It's in fact reasonable to conclude that in the absence of any information to the contrary, that the conditions from 2009-2014 continued past 2014. Why would they spontaneously resolve themselves? So I ask again, why do you assume that there was any change to the status quo without any evidence that there was?

Look at this very thread. The OP is about how the picture was misconstrued to portray something that never happened. (with me so far?) The opposition claims that those exact words were never said, some may have interpreted it like that, but it's not the case.

That's clearly wrong. I have myself stated at least 3 times that Chris Cillizza did incorrectly state that the picture showed a child being separated from its mother. The TIME article did not make that claim. I showed where the photographer did not make that claim. I even acknowledged that some people will take the photo as showing a child separation because of its association with the issue.

So you can be literal, when it comes to someone pointing out an uncomfortable situation that looks bad on your side, but you want to be the exact opposite when proposing that something may have occurred equally as bad under Trump.

None of that is true. Not one word. You just made up a straw man and had an argument with yourself. Super disingenuous.

With nothing but an idea in your mind, we are all supposed to trust that indeed this MUST have happened under Trump.

What are you referring to? Because earlier you were saying some nonsense about how you couldn't be sure that child separations were really happening and then when I pressed you on it, you claimed that you were being hyperbolic.

If you're talking about abuses and kids ending up with child traffickers, as I said above, if the only evidence you have is that this sort of thing was happening in 2009-2014 and you have no evidence of any changes to stop it from happening much less any information that anyone involved was ever held to account, why would you assume that the situation has gotten better all on its own?

Why should we trust that things have gotten better because there hasn't been an analysis of records from 2015-present that has been subject of a report?

It's irony at it's finest. Thanks for displaying it so clearly.

That wasn't irony, that was you being disingenuous. You're welcome for me pointing it out. Let me know if you'd me to dumb it down a bit, maybe write it up crayon so you can follow.

link   

Like you were saying earlier in the thread: "who said she was separated?" Point out where anyone debating you had said she was separated from her family. Also, point out where TIME said it. "Who said she was separated?" should be the only argument needed against the premise of this thread and you're the one who coined it! Ironic.

#Winning
edit on 6/22/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: introvert

what, in your opinion, was the Time magazine cover trying to convey?

I can answer that one.

Trump is taller than babies.

I thought it was - "Trump ponders whether babies taste better than Big Macs"

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Speaking of the left, they are also by far the most illogical and emotional group.

Speaking of logical, why are you using an "I know you are but what am I" argument?

It's so funny to watch you guys be so ignorant that you step on your words.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Lol. If you think so then you have your blinders on. Look at the amount of triggering that makes it to the front page of ATS on a daily basis. Both sides are just as bad as each other, you're in denial if you don't think so.
edit on 6/22/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: Autocorrect

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Like you were saying earlier in the thread: "who said she was separated?" Point out where anyone debating you had said she was separated from her family. Also, point out where TIME said it. "Who said she was separated?" should be the only argument needed against the premise of this thread and you're the one who coined it! Ironic.

#Winning

#weredealingwithliars

#icantstandhashtags

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Looks like I've just triggered a few..

link   

MURDER MURDER MURDER RAPE RAPE RAPE MS-13 MS-13 MS-13 HIDE YOUR KIDS! HIDE YOUR WHITE WOMEN! THE INVADING GANGS ARE COMING TO RAPE AND MURDER THEM!

Only Daddy Donald can save you!

link   

good stuff - 4 posts, none on topic, all full of projectional feelings about me, derp, #winning, trigger, triggered, triggering.

No commentary on the cover, CNN, the Honduran government or the fathers interview.

I think you're freaky, and very very unenlightened.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I agree no one said “She was separated.” But why did TIME correct the article, adding this?:
“The original version of this story misstated what happened to the girl in the photo after she [was] taken from the scene. The girl was not carried away screaming by U.S. Border Patrol agents; her mother picked her up and the two were taken away together.”

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

good stuff - 4 posts, none on topic, all full of projectional feelings about me, derp, #winning, trigger, triggered, triggering.

No commentary on the cover, CNN, the Honduran government or the fathers interview.

I think you're freaky, and very very unenlightened.

That's already been addressed. You are providing deflection because the Time cover does not prove what you think it does. In fact, your assertions about CNN, the father and the Honduran government are illogical, as they are irrelevant to the intent of Time and it's cover.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

#ihatehashtagstoobutamtryingtomakeapointbyusingthemtoshowhowannoyingthosewhousethemarebeing

Hopefully you can decipher that.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS. Go into any thread criticizing Trump and you'll see the same sort of thing only tenfold. But, I seriously doubt you have any issue with it happening in those threads.

#TriggeredSublime

#Winning

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

We're all #ing triggered!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Indeed. An OP that cannot prove it's basic premise is so awesome and it brought us to our knees.

I wonder, if it's so awesome, why were you dishonest?

Are you doubling-down on your lies now?

That doesn't seem smart.

Haha, oh man, this thread is gold for future reference.

I have now officially decided that you are deliberately arrogant all of the time - seriously lacking logic, lateral thinking and debating skills.

**deliberately arrogant

Now, I'm off to discuss things with unenlightened.

edit on 22/6/2018 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The bottom line is this:

The TIME cover clearly insinuates that Trump, personally, did something to make the little girl horrifically upset and cry. The caption, "Welcome to America", clearly insinuates whatever Trump (personally) allegedly did was related to the little girl immigrating to America.

There can no mistake, and frankly, no argument on the above.

TIME carefully, and willfully, left whatever that deed was up to the imagination of the reader, based on the current news cycle (because TIME is a timely periodical). The current news cycle is about caged children being separated from their parents. Again, of this there can be no debate.

Therefore, it is pretty much irrelevant whether TIME actually stated children were being separated from their parents or not. The intimated message was clear. Just exactly how TIME intended it to be.

Period.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Stengel was Time magazine's 16th managing editor from 2006 to 2013. He then went on to become Obama's Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs from 2014 to 2016. He is currently an on-air analyst at MSNBC.

Do the math or tow the line.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I watch and get my info from various different and opposing news outlets and I'm constantly scratching my head at the fake news on all sides. It is very hard to figure out what's right and what's wrong. There's always two sides of spin in the truth is somewhere in the middle.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join