It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME Magazine & CNN exposed pushing fake news imagery and propaganda.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

what, in your opinion, was the Time magazine cover trying to convey?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The only thing that triggers me is running out of beer - and I've usually got that well covered.

You, on the other hand - Bruce Lee now triggers you, prior to that it was the bearded Iron Maiden snapchat freak that triggered you.

My milkshake brings all the libs to the yard.

Well, it must be the milkshakes, because it's definitely not your well-thought out OP's, or amazing grasp of basic logic.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I can answer that one.

Trump is taller than babies.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

he is yuge!
In comparison.....

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

So... what about Trump's lying? He's less credible than TIME (or CNN or hell Fox. I might even say that Breitbart is more credible than him. If Trump was a media outlet, he'd be Your News Wire). Does that make him the enemy of the American people or is it okay that he's full of # and lies constantly to promote his own agenda (and to obtain more power and influence for himself)?

This is what I really don't get about diehard Trump supporters. You'll set yourselves on fire with outrage over any hint of dishonesty from a politician, media outlet, etc ... as long as it's not Trump or his people.

You care about being lied to or you don't. If you don't care about Trump's lying and the dishonesty of Team Trump, then your real problem with the "fake news" media isn't dishonesty, it's that they're not telling the lies that you want to hear.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I don't know, and my opinion on that is irrelevant.

Fact remains, the OP claims there is a false narrative being pushed by this "fake news" cover, but for some reason can't actually prove it.

I think the most important point that needs conveyed here is people need to learn what context is and that the truth in context is much more important than the fake narratives they themselves wish to push.

Which is a great bit of irony. They cry about fake news propaganda narratives, while pushing a fake news propaganda narrative.
edit on 22-6-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And yet, he wears the same size mittens. It's a real mystery.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

TIME triggered you enough to make this thread, CNN triggers you enough to create multiple threads about them. Looks like the media is #Winning against you. Keep taking their trigger bait, you seem to love the taste.

edit on 6/22/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

There are MANY libertarians that are very happy with Trump. That makes you either a moron or a propagandist. Just saying.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

Fact remains, the OP claims there is a false narrative being pushed by this "fake news" cover, but for some reason can't actually prove it.

I think the most important point that needs conveyed here is people need to learn what context is and that the truth in context is much more important than the fake narratives they themselves wish to push.

Which is a great bit of irony. The cries about fake news propaganda narratives, which pushing a fake news propaganda narrative.

LOL Bigley! and you speak of deflection.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Sublimecraft

TIME triggered you enough to make this thread, CNN triggers you enough to create multiple threads about them. Looks like the media is #Winning against you. Keep taking their trigger bait, you seem to love the taste.

and you were triggered enough to post in this thread. Derp.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And you were triggered enough to reply to my post. DERP.

I'm simply pointing out how triggered the OP seems to be. TIME and the rest of the media really has his number.

#Winning
edit on 6/22/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Which is a great bit of irony. The cries about fake news propaganda narratives, which pushing a fake news propaganda narrative.

The actual defection was asking the question you asked to begin with.

How is my opinion on the cover relevant to the facts and how it was presented by the OP?

Answer: It's not.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You have to admit, though, it's funny that you ask me a question and when I answer it...you say it's deflection.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Why did TIME make a correction?:
“The original version of this story misstated what happened to the girl in the photo after she [was] taken from the scene. The girl was not carried away screaming by U.S. Border Patrol agents; her mother picked her up and the two were taken away together.”
www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/06/22/the-crying-honduran-girl-on-the-cover-of-time-was-not-separated-from-her-mother-father-says/?utm _term=.1962ac18dba9

So was OP off base? I don’t really think so...
Tangentially, I wonder: Did Trump ever say Nazis were “very fine people,” as I see often is claimed in the news, or did he just “imply” it? (I hope he didn’t, because I don’t wanna be wrong again, but if I am, I’d rather be corrected...)
edit on 6/22/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
We're all #ing triggered!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
...in for the kill.

TIME Editor Literally Admits He’s For Gov. Propaganda!

edit on 22-6-2018 by eisegesis because: updated link

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Exactly, that's the entire point of the Trump/media narrative, to trigger as many people as possible. Trigger people so much they no longer think logically but emotionally. Hello psyop, good to finally recognize you.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The only thing that triggers me is running out of beer - and I've usually got that well covered.

You, on the other hand - Bruce Lee now triggers you, prior to that it was the bearded Iron Maiden snapchat freak that triggered you.

My milkshake brings all the libs to the yard.

Well, it must be the milkshakes, because it's definitely not your well-thought out OP's, or amazing grasp of basic logic.

My OP is awesome, it has bought you and your mates to your knees - bigly.

The false narrative is that, up until this thread, you and your lib mates, including Fondler, believed she was separated, and the TIME cover is working that angle to stroke your confirmation biases - all of you. Once I proved, in the 2nd image of the OP, that the girl was never separated in the first place, your entire narrative was destroyed and to save yourselves from all being embarrassed, you jumped on the "prove she was separated" angle to deflect from the TIME cover and CNN push - the false narrative that she was separated and that Trump is intolerant of her plight.

Time lied, CNN lied, you and your mates denied and deflected - par for the course.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Exactly, that's the entire point of the Trump/media narrative, to trigger as many people as possible. Trigger people so much they no longer think logically but emotionally. Hello psyop, good to finally recognize you.

And the OP seems to be a product of that.

The entire context was not presented. The facts of the matter did not come in to play.

What mattered was their emotional response to what they assumed was true based, and then compounded the issue by make further assumptions. And when called out on it, they were dishonest.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join