It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME Magazine & CNN exposed pushing fake news imagery and propaganda.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Trump did act to harm refugee children.

Directly and with foreknowlege.

The TIME cover is a lot more circumspect than it should be.

There's nothing "fake" about it. They could have used a stock photo of a crying child ... that's not the point.

The absurd spin that some of you will try to put on the simplest matters is astounding.

News is not fake because you don't like it.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Welcome to ATS. Go into any thread criticizing Trump and you'll see the same sort of thing only tenfold. But, I seriously doubt you have any issue with it happening in those threads.

#TriggeredSublime

#Winning

Still not gonna talk about that OP aye? Too damn awkward and uncomfortable for you to discuss the TIME cover, the fathers comments, the Honduran governments comments and CNNs article?

LOL.

6 posts, none on topic.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

...it's FUNNY...because it's TRUE!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I understand the intended message and agree it's propaganda, doesn't change the fact that it triggered you and TIME got the desired result/reaction out of you. The propaganda worked.

According to Trump's logic that means they're #Winning. They've got your number.
edit on 6/22/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

And what was this, exactly, that Trump personally did "directly and with foreknowledge" to "harm refugee children", hmmmmm?????

What EXACTLY was this???
edit on 6/22/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: queenofswords

So... what about Trump's lying? He's less credible than TIME (or CNN or hell Fox. I might even say that Breitbart is more credible than him. If Trump was a media outlet, he'd be Your News Wire). Does that make him the enemy of the American people or is it okay that he's full of # and lies constantly to promote his own agenda (and to obtain more power and influence for himself)?

This is what I really don't get about diehard Trump supporters. You'll set yourselves on fire with outrage over any hint of dishonesty from a politician, media outlet, etc ... as long as it's not Trump or his people.

You care about being lied to or you don't. If you don't care about Trump's lying and the dishonesty of Team Trump, then your real problem with the "fake news" media isn't dishonesty, it's that they're not telling the lies that you want to hear.

You're comparing Trump to the people whose job it is to inform the public. That's a false comparison, and it's stupid to hold them or any other individual to the same standards.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The funniest part of all this is how some people actually think the news sources they favor are unbiased and truthful.

They are ALL biased. They will ALL provided a skewed view, contingent on their agenda. Only a fool reads one source and believes it. You need to read all sources and then form an opinion. This "my news media source's crap doesn't stink" idea is laughable.

People here actually buy Trump's idea that somehow, ONLY those media sources that paint him in a bad light are "fake." And the other outlets are honest, insightful and unbiased. Truly hilarious how gullible people are.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

this is a good point but it is very true that the media is super biased on all sides it's very hard to dig through all the "facts" to find out what's true and what's not. I read that the kids mother saved
$6, 000 to make the trek over here $6, 000 has to be a ton of money in Honduras. she probably could have used that $$ to better her life over there but there's a lot of violence and crime and corruption so who knows, you can never tell unless you can walk a mile in someone else's shoes.
edit on 22-6-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Nowadays the news is full of spin and half-truths even all the stuff that Trump says that I disagree with I find half-truths in what he is saying.

I just wish we could all just come to the table and negotiate and meet each other somewhere halfway.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 22-6-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1 & Introvert & Ante & 'others'

Well, I waited, and I waited, and I waited for you all to find it, I kept leading you there and you kept getting clouded by confirmation biases. Now its time for bed, but not before I drop this bomb.......

Byron York

You are all brainwashed, snap out of it,

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

The media on all sides is the tool of international corporations set on making profits and dominating society.

It's not even really significant to speak of media bias, anymore ... it's all biased all the time.

The only way to judge facts is to look at the elements that they all report ... the actual who, what, when, where.

The why is always a lie.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The why is usually the spin! That's why you have to look at everything objectively and with an open mind. Like I said there's usually some truth in everything, there's what CNN says there's what Fox News says and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle LOL

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

What were you waiting for? I already said it's propaganda, no doubt about it, only thing is the propaganda works both ways. You seem to be on one end of the spectrum they're aiming their propaganda at, those who get will easily get triggered over it. The other end of the spectrum are those who will buy into it.

Either way both ends are radicalized and react emotionally instead of logically. You seem to be falling for their propaganda day in and day out. Sorry to hear that, hopefully you'll catch on to their game one day but right now your eye is nowhere near the ball.

#TIMEwon
edit on 6/22/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Okaaaaay...

The "who" wasn't Trump!
The "what" wasn't children being separated from their parents.
The "when" wasn't yesterday
And, the "where" wasn't Mexico

Yet this is what the message is from the media. ALL the media!!!

So the "why" is completely IRRELEVANT!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

To try and decipher this the who is trump the what is separating children at a rate 10 fold prior administration's the where is from mainly countries in Central America (Guatemala, Honduras, else Salvador etc etc) the why and here comes my spin..trump wants to be super tough on immigration and make sure the assylum seekers are legit. Unfortunately some kids legitimately seeking assylum are getting separated from their parents and the numbers are far greater in two months alone than all the prior administration's. Reason being trump inacted the hard line zero tolerance policy and now the sheer numbers are going to cause a humanitarian crisis of European refugee crisis proportions. I just don't think there's an easy way to look at it at this point.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Okaaaaay...

The "who" wasn't Trump!
The "what" wasn't children being separated from their parents.
The "when" wasn't yesterday
And, the "where" wasn't Mexico

Yet this is what the message is from the media. ALL the media!!!

So the "why" is completely IRRELEVANT!

THe who was Trump; he had Jeff Sessions change the policy in April 2018.

The what was the children and families that are being separated because of this Trump Admin action.

The when has been particularly the last two months or so.

The where was the United States of America, where we are separating refugee families from their children for no reason.

Those are the facts; the why would be opinion. (Didn't you read the post you're referring to? Gee.)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

THe who was Trump; he had Jeff Sessions change the policy in April 2018.

The what was the children and families that are being separated because of this Trump Admin action.

The when has been particularly the last two months or so.

The where was the United States of America, where we are separating refugee families from their children for no reason.

Those are the facts; the why would be opinion. (Didn't you read the post you're referring to? Gee.)

Actually, the policy was a "'zero-tolerance policy' for offenses under 8 U.S.C. § 1325(a), which prohibits both attempted illegal entry and illegal entry into the United States by an alien." No where in this policy does it refer to separating "refugee" families from their children.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1 & Introvert & Ante & 'others'

Well, I waited, and I waited, and I waited for you all to find it, I kept leading you there and you kept getting clouded by confirmation biases. Now its time for bed, but not before I drop this bomb.......

Byron York

You are all brainwashed, snap out of it,

Even this won't change anything. Confirmation bias is extremely strong and they have a vested interest in never being wrong.

So expect that this will only cause further deflections.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The TIME cover is a lot more circumspect than it should be.

There's nothing "fake" about it. They could have used a stock photo of a crying child ... that's not the point.

The absurd spin that some of you will try to put on the simplest matters is astounding.

News is not fake because you don't like it.
This is why nobody takes you seriously.

Lmfao, this is rich

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join