It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME Magazine & CNN exposed pushing fake news imagery and propaganda.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Migration with limitations is a right. Either way coming to America is not a right, despite what Democrats say, and what their politicians desire.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

Telling, isn't it.

But no matter. Let's stick with "never negotiate against yourself"

That concept alone dismantles almost every counter-argument on all 23 pages of this thread!

Trump might be an arrogant, egotistical, jackass, BUT he "get's" that concept. And it is truly profound when you understand it. It's not intuitive, but it's right. And, it's easy to see when you get into a stressful, politically charged, situation. Once you see it, you know who wins. Every time...every single time!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It is NOT a "right", not ever!

It is a privilege!

Anyone who says differently is a fool! Read the Constitution of the United States of America.

edit on 6/24/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Migration with limitations is a right.

Emigration with limitations is not a right, it is tyranny.

Either way coming to America is not a right,

Correct.

despite what Democrats say, and what their politicians desire.

Strawman.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Okay, we're done!

You're crazy!

There's no intelligent debate beyond this lunacy statement you've made! NONE!!

That's just pure BS!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

"Part" is a far cry from "every".

Like I said above; you've apparently lost all reason, and we're done (at least I am).

You are welcome to spout off your opinion (and it's just that) all you want, but debate and discussion is over.

I hope you're right, but I KNOW you are not, so...

Best to you!

Take care.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Anyone who says differently is a fool! Read the Constitution of the United States of America.

How does the Constitution of the United States apply to the refugees fleeing Syria to Europe? Does it forbid them to leave Syria? You are confusing "migration," the right to leave one's place of birth, with immigration, which is the act of entering the United States with intent to settle there. If one is bound to the land one is a serf. Serfdom has been abolished in the civilized world.

ETA: Of course a country can place limitations on immigration. Immigration is not a right, emigration is.
edit on 24-6-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

There's no intelligent debate beyond this lunacy statement you've made!

So you come down on the side of tyranny?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

How does the Constitution of the United States apply to the refugees fleeing Syria to Europe? Does it forbid them to leave Syria? You are confusing "migration," the right to leave one's place of birth, with immigration, which is the act of entering the United States with intent to settle there. If one is bound to the land one is a serf. Serfdom has been abolished in the civilized world.

Is this discussion about Syria???? Was it EVER about Syria????

NO!!!

WTF does Syria have anything to do with this discussion, the OP, or any other freaking thing on all 23 pages of this thread???

You're crazy! Deflecting, hating, and just straight-up CRAZY!!!

(I can't even believe I responded to this off the wall post!)

ETA..Actually, Thank You!! Thank you for proving my point better than I EVER could have otherwise! Unbelievable!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Sorry, but you seem to have a hard time with definitions. Migration is movement from one place to another. It can be internal or international. In the past 100 years most of the migration in the United States has been from rural areas to urban areas. The United States and, at least since the end of the 1914-1945 war, most European nations have considered migration, movement from one place to another, to be a right. In Europe it is explicitly spelled out.

The West has always considered emigration, leaving one's country of birth, to be a right as well. Nazi German did not allow Jews to emigrate. The Soviet Union and most of its satellites did not permit emigration, or controlled it tightly. This was serfdom.

Immigration is the influx of migrants into a specific country from the perspective of that country. Each country has its own policies and regulations. The Constitution sets out the rights and responsibilities of citizens, and makes stipulations about eligibility for office. Laws and regulations governing immigration to this country are regularly changed. In the nineteenth century, for example, the was the Chinese Exclusion Act. Apparently, people were afraid that Chinese immigrants were taking jobs away from Americans.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

ETA: Of course a country can place limitations on immigration. Immigration is not a right, emigration is.

I'd give you an award as a public defender. "My client is guilty, just a guilty filthy human being...and you should convict him of the crimes laid out here today, real or imagined, ladies and gentlemen of the Jury! He has no remorse, and he's lower than the lowest form of life on this planet. Put him to DEATH!! The Prosecuting Counsel has put forth a case which is indisputable, and my client should be EXECUTED without haste in the most inhumane manner! There is no recourse and there will be no appeal...DEATH, I tell you, DEATH!"

I don't think I've ever seen something as misguided, more misleading, more deflecting or otherwise obtuse than what I just read!!

Unreal!!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I've hesitated to say this, but...don't forget, you might be debating with someone who is just a "little" bit smarter than you, maybe just a wee bit further along in the school of debate and logic.

As I have noted to you, DJW001, you are negotiating against yourself (and doing a quite fine job of it too, I might add). The more you lash out, the more you paint yourself into a corner and diminish your own argument (as you have so capably demonstrated). Would you truly like to continue? Or, are you ready to throw in the towel? Your choice.

Just sayin'.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Good grief.
www.vocabulary.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Okay, let's just settle on "migrate", okay?

eta..."illegal migrators", how's that? I actually prefer the best term of all...ILLEGAL ALIENS!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Okay, let's just settle on "migrate", okay?

eta..."illegal migrators", how's that? I actually prefer the best term of all...ILLEGAL ALIENS!

You just can't admit that you had no idea what you.we're talking about, can you? Refugees have a right, under international conventions to leave their country. They do not have a right to immigrate into.a.given country. That is for the government of the receiving country to determine. Trump is viewing the situation as a criminal crisis, not a humanitarian one. The.migrants are not themselves a crime, only the way they attempting to enter the country is. The way to end illegal immigration involves several approaches besides locking children up to discourage it.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

If I come into your house when you're at work...what am I?? What am I?

Am I an "intruder", am I an "immigrant"?, and I an "emmigrator", or am I am I just breaking and entering? If I decide all YOUR stuff is now MY stuff, and I deserve YOUR stuff more than YOU do (regardless if YOU paid for it), am I a "guest" or a "thief"?

When I decide YOUR house is a pretty nice place to set up a rendezvous point for shipping off the van loads of young girls the traffickers can make millions on, am I some "innocent migrant worker", OR am I a hardened "criminal"??

When I decide to KILL you...becasue you're in the way of my $2,5 million dollar coke delivery on your property, am I a good guy or a "bad guy"????

AND, in the middle of the night, on Wednesday night, at 2am, when I see the figures in my night vision goggles running across my fields...how do I tell who is who??? Seriously, how do I tell you are just an innocent mamma with a young child seeking a better life? How do I tell that??? You're on my property, at 2am, how do I tell that?????

You are so far out in "left" field it's almost untenable. Reality doesn't really work for you does it, because you've never had to LIVE in reality, have you?

Gawd, I don't even know how to go on!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

You're raving.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

No, I can fully admit I actually DO know what I'm talking about, and unlike you, I live in the REAL world! You don't.

And, you couldn't live in the real world if your life depended on it. In fact, where do you live? Tell me you know all how this all works, first hand. You can't, can you? You can't.

I've seen it, personally. Have you? HAVE YOU? No, I suspect not. You just live in some 'theoretical' world where fantasy reigns supreme. Some world where somebody told you something someone else said, and that's what you believe.

Your arguments have been DESTROYED here tonight. You're done. You have nothing, but rhetoric and BS. Sorry, but it's true, and it's been amply demonstrated not by me, but rather by YOU yourself.

Enjoy your fantasy world. Enjoy your "theory", your made-up world where everything is unicorns and rainbows, but that's not REALITY, not at all. Enjoy your world were every single migrant gets an audience of a judge, and everyone gets to stay at the Hilton and live the life of luxury (because EVERYONE deserves that, right? For FREE, right?)

You have been DECIMATED tonight, your arguments DEFEATED. You've lost...and now you want to talk about Syria!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOOLOLOL!!!!!

You're just WAY too funny!!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

A devastating summing up. I bow to your cool, dispassionate logic. Well played.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join