It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME Magazine & CNN exposed pushing fake news imagery and propaganda.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Partisanship aside, there is clearly some in this thread who do not know when they see or understand how propaganda works (using "art," for example). If the current administration uses propaganda to further an agenda, you'd be ignorant to think that those with the ability to do so, would not use the same or similar propaganda as a countermeasure.

I guess Obama portrayed as a monkey eating a banana is also "art," and in no way, shape or form, to be considered racist if there is nothing to provide context or indicate as much. Won't stop people from thinking that racism is what is being conveyed though, hence why it's labeled as propaganda. Let the viewer's biases confirm their interpretations.

edit on 22-6-2018 by eisegesis because: grammer

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Always the same old few that invade a thread and do absolutely nothing other than dance around in circles. The painful part is they actually believe they got the moves.

I guess you're counting yourself as part of the dance troupe?

Cause if you ain't, ya should be.

I don't possess the necessary skills required to perform the mental gymnastics you and your ilk perform on a daily basis.

I'm a bit jelly, I'll admit.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Always the same old few that invade a thread and do absolutely nothing other than dance around in circles. The painful part is they actually believe they got the moves.

I guess you're counting yourself as part of the dance troupe?

Cause if you ain't, ya should be.

I don't possess the necessary skills required to perform the mental gymnastics you and your ilk perform on a daily basis.

I'm a bit jelly, I'll admit.

No one said you had to be good to dance.

You do just fine, Jelly.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

But the photographer suggested that she was removed from her mother's care, when that wasn't the case at all. you can read about it here.

No, he did not.

If you for any reason think that the magazine cover doesn't suggest the little girl was separated, or the words of the photographer don't suggest that was the case, then you aren't being honest with yourself. You literally CANNOT be that stupid.

The magazine implies no such thing. You are interpreting it that way on your own.

I'll go with the crayon version for you yet again.

Great. Every time you pull out the crayons you end up looking like a fool.

edit on 22-6-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

For one, I actually do care that children were placed into the hands of child traffickers. I think that there should be an investigation into this and that Obama-era people who allowed this to happen should be held to account.

Secondly, do you have ANY reason to believe that similar hasn't continued under Trump? Has he taken big steps to provide oversight into this system? To change policy? From what I can tell, the answer to that is no. And furthermore, in seeking to detain as many people as possible, the Trump admin had only made matters worse.

They don't even have a formal process worked out to reunite these people with their children. And what about tracking these children? Doesn't it seem like anyone who really gaf would prepare for the anticipated result of the policy before enacting it? Even if you think the policy is a good one, why not use the year that they'd been kicking it around to prep for it? If the system was broken before and it resulted in # like that, what do you think a reasonable person would assume would be the result of jamming way more people into it?

Thirdly, and related to the above, what you're talking about re the Obama admin is malfeasance by the CBP. Granted, it's acceptable that it happened but it wasn't an intended result of Obama era policy. What's been happening recently on the other hand, was entirely anticipated by the current administration and they moved forward with the policy change with full knowledge of what would happen.

So if you're truly concerned about what was happening under Obama, shouldn't you be even more so now? I get the whole "well where was your concern under Obama?" thing but you can't have it both ways. You can't criticize people for not caring enough under the last guy as a way of shutting people up about even worse happening now without being an even bigger, faker, partisan hypocrite than the people you're admonishing.
edit on 2018-6-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Hmmm, I wonder, what on earth could this cover, from 16th June, be implying? Why, why would they arrange such a cover if they knew she was never separated.

Why, why would they do that?

????????????????????

Do you not even see how your own assumption about what you are seeing is shaping your perception of that photo?

When I see that, I think a child being stopped at the border with their parents.

And that’s it.

I don’t naively assume the photo used for the story is a true representation of the story, it’s cover art. That’s how articles are put together.

Knowing that cover art isn’t a true representation of the article is just common sense. Either you are so naive that you didn’t know that, or you are intentionally misrepresenting this to push your politics.

You seem like a generally smart guy, so I’m going with option number two.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Its not deflection, that cover was from the 16th. That cover is designed to illustrate that the little girl was separated from the mother, just via a cursory glance and read of the headlines.

If you can't see that, then you are even more arrogant than I ever imagined.

Now, amplify that cover 1000-fold via MSM and twitter comments and articles and commentary over the past week leading up to this thread, and team-liberal had judged, juryed and executed Trump for snatching her.

Deny that to ATS, please.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Trump was right (as he usually is). Fake News is the enemy of the American People.

Time to wake up, folks!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Try not to eat them all this time.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

For one, I actually do care that children were placed into the hands of child traffickers. I think that there should be an investigation into this and that Obama-era people who allowed this to happen should be held to account.

Agreed.

Would've made a great TIME cover...Except it didn't.

BTW: Thanks for manning up to answer for Gryphon.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: IAMTAT

Secondly, do you have ANY reason to believe that similar hasn't continued under Trump? Has he taken big steps to provide oversight into this system? To change policy? From what I can tell, the answer to that is no. And furthermore, in seeking to detain as many people as possible, the Trump admin had only made matters worse.

This kills me. I keep seeing this type of "logic" used. Yes, it happened under Obama, or whomever, but what makes you think it's not happening now? Well, the fact that there isn't an article about it springs to mind.

Look at this very thread. The OP is about how the picture was misconstrued to portray something that never happened. (with me so far?) The opposition claims that those exact words were never said, some may have interpreted it like that, but it's not the case. So you can be literal, when it comes to someone pointing out an uncomfortable situation that looks bad on your side, but you want to be the exact opposite when proposing that something may have occurred equally as bad under Trump. With nothing but an idea in your mind, we are all supposed to trust that indeed this MUST have happened under Trump.

It's irony at it's finest. Thanks for displaying it so clearly.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I only see TIME at the dentist office. It has some good articles, but takes 4 pages to make their point. I'm sure a lot of people like being spoon-fed like that.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

S+F

Not so great minds think alike.

No that is Mika's job.....

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: introvert

Its not deflection, that cover was from the 16th. That cover is designed to illustrate that the little girl was separated from the mother, just via a cursory glance and read of the headlines.

If you can't see that, then you are even more arrogant than I ever imagined.

Now, amplify that cover 1000-fold via MSM and twitter comments and articles and commentary over the past week leading up to this thread, and team-liberal had judged, juryed and executed Trump for snatching her.

Deny that to ATS, please.

So it still doesn't prove the intent of the Time cover, right?

Again, nice deflecting.

Sad that you have to be dishonest.

ATS deserves better than liars.
edit on 22-6-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Try not to eat them all this time.

I only eat the lemon colored ones.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Looks like TIME triggered the OP. #Winning

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

But what is the false narrative?

This is the part you keep failing to explain. You assert from the jump (and here again) that this is propaganda (which it is but most # is) used to push a false narrative.

I'm sure you can see how this picture being used in association with an actual thing that is actually happening for which there are no photos is not the same as using a photo of something that didn't happen to mislead people into believing that it did.

The picture itself may not show what people might assume it to, but it's not misleading people into believing that kids were being taken from their parents because we all know that # happened. And I think it's safe to assume that if there were cameras there to capture those moments occurring behind closed doors, we'd see pictures of young children screaming and crying. Don't you?

So again, what is the "false narrative" that was being pushed here?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Fair enough. They do look delicious.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I only see TIME at the dentist office. It has some good articles, but takes 4 pages to make their point. I'm sure a lot of people like being spoon-fed like that.

Not to be insulting here but given your preference for Neon Nettle, True Pundit and the like, you may not be the person best suited for media critiques.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The only thing that triggers me is running out of beer - and I've usually got that well covered.

You, on the other hand - Bruce Lee now triggers you, prior to that it was the bearded Iron Maiden snapchat freak that triggered you.

My milkshake brings all the libs to the yard.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join