It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: intrepid

Do you even read my posts in thread? This has nothing to do with Trump.

Keep telling yourself that.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: howtonhawky

OK and what about the Muslim DNA? Seeing any of that there too? She whacked 2 different groups there.

Oh i see.

Muslims also need to be offended because if they do not get out raged then no one will notice them?

Being a muslim ape does not make you bad but fake outrage does indeed make many feel bad all because someone said something is offensive.

srry man

i just don't get this one other than abc looking for an opportunity to shut her up.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

thats super duper bs too. she wanted to degrade this person. if your a grown person, you would know that.

Degradation isn't racist, it's simply an attack on an individual. It *can* be over race, but more often than not it's just because they've said or done something you dislike.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Sadly, Rosanne's inappropriate mouth has put a lot of people out of work.

Not just her co-stars - - - but, the behind the scenes crew.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

OK and what about the Muslim DNA? Seeing any of that there too? She whacked 2 different groups there.

Muslim DNA?

Religion is genetic now?

You'll have to ask Roseanne that.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
There shouldn't be any place in the public spotlight for people who irresponsibly voice racist comments and show themselves to be bigots. I also think those who are in the spotlight and have committed criminal offenses or flaunt immoral behavior should be shunned by Hollywood, the Main Stream Media and the Music Industry.

After all, Hollywood and the media have tremendous influence over children. Children easily emulate what they hear and see. Hollywood, the media and government leaders can easily feed racist and bigotry views in segments of society who promote violence and racism. Rosanne Barr even tweeting such a comment shows her ignorance and stupidity. It seems like America is going backwards rather than forward when it comes to race relations. Black or White, racial comments have no place in a civilized society.

There are way too many celebrities who should no longer be in the spotlight due to their heavy drug abuse, criminal arrests, and their outrageous and offensive public comments. It seems like when their swimming in money, they no longer have to account for their actions. Any hard working American who would say racial and outrageous public comments, have numerous arrest records, would easily lose their jobs. Why should celebrities be any different? They should be held accountable considering the impact they have on society. The same goes for Teachers, Police, Politicians, Presidents, professional athletes and others who serve as public role models in our society.

link   
a reply to: intrepid

Nostalgia means nothing to you? The largest TV viewing demographic today is comprised of people who grew up watching Roseanne 30 years ago. Of course it was going to pull huge numbers in it's reboot and, as the show was supposedly pretty decent in capturing the old magic, it continued to do so. Again, has nothing to do with Trump, so put your little boogeyman away and save it for a topic where it's actually relevant.

link   
Here I'll give you a free one to chomp on.

Roseanne is a liberal posing as a Trump supporter in an attempt to degrade supporters from the inside.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It doesn't surprise me coming from Roseanne, she's pretty knee-jerk mouth diarrhea from time to time. The filter done broke a long time ago & it's kind of understandable to an extent -- she had a hell of a brain injury after getting hit by a car in her teens, bad enough to warrant being institutionalized because her personality/behavior changed so radically.

However, after what I assume has been decades of behavioral therapy to learn to deal with that, one would think she'd managed a better grasp of impulsive mouth diarrhea. It's hard telling where genuine lack of impulse control drops off, and crappy person picks up.

Either way, equating black folks to apes is still pretty insulting, it's got a long ways to go before it's not. I feel worse for all the people working on the show who's jobs are in limbo right now, or gone all together. Talk about the rug being yanked out from under you over someone else's lack of self control & stupidity.
edit on 5/29/2018 by Nyiah because: Forgot a word there. Although as braindead as her comment was, there might not be much in the way of any impulses firing 'round Roseanne's noggin.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
a reply to: notsure1

They will not have any body liking our POTUS on their network.

How do you know that? Do you work there?

Well If I am wrong you should be able to name a Trump supporter they have on their network. Just one other show with a lead that supports him?

Ill wait...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Muslim DNA?

Religion is genetic now?

Arab or Persian is what Muslim means here. Just read the board.
I'm tired of arguing exactly what you are pointing out. It falls on deaf ears. So when in Rome...

To be fair Muslims can be black.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Sadly, Rosanne's inappropriate mouth has put a lot of people out of work.

Not just her co-stars - - - but, the behind the scenes crew.

NO ABC put them out of work..
edit on 29-5-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I hope Roseanne claims her twitter was hacked.

Funny all the outrage about a few words instead of photos of the Hussein administration keeping dreamers in cages.

edit on 29-5-2018 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

thats super duper bs too. she wanted to degrade this person. if your a grown person, you would know that.

So now i am not a grown person cause you feed from the outrage.

I could care less who she degrades on or off the webs

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Muslim DNA?

Religion is genetic now?

I'm tired of arguing exactly what you are pointing out. It falls on deaf ears. So when in Rome...

That offends me.

your fired

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'll put my boogyman where I want. The relevance called for it here. If you choose not to see it that's your problem.

link   

originally posted by: notsure1

a reply to: notsure1

They will not have any body liking our POTUS on their network.

How do you know that? Do you work there?

Well If I am wrong you should be able to name a Trump supporter they have on their network. Just one other show with a lead that supports him?

Ill wait...

You made the claim. The burden is on you.

link   
a reply to: Grambler

Woops! Sorry Grambler. Was on the second thread...

I stated in the other thread that this was her best work. It was reality tv and the vehicle she should have stuck with. It was honest and her... we already knew she was nuts.

I've seen way worse on tweeter. But no one forced me to read any of it. I chose to read knowing it "could be offensive".

It's like when people complain about how offensive a TV or Radio show is. But somehow never bothered to change the channel. They chose to watch or listen to it's entirety.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Muslim DNA?

Religion is genetic now?

That offends me.

your fired

Is that you Soros?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Muslim DNA?

Religion is genetic now?

And Oriental. I underestimated the amount of people that cared enough to know that.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join