It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: daftpink
a reply to: intrepid

Very high. It's over the top to sack her when other abc actors/hosts insult the sitting president and his family etc and nothing is done. In fact it is encouraged.

Insult is one thing. I checked out who VJ is and the comment was racist. It was political and it was MASSIVELY stupid.

Only if what that comedienne said about Huckabee Sanders and Handmaid's Tale was considered equally tasteless in a religious bigotry sense.

Let's be fair.... We didn't know who she was before the press gala.......

And we can't remeber her name now so..... Lol

LOL. Too true. Heck I wasn't even thinking about her until she brought it up.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
More proof that Trump supporters can be as bad or worse.

She has been far left all her life......

Look up her politics and try again before trying to pigronhole.....

Thst being said.... Play stupid games... Win stupid prizes..... She never seemed bright lol

That’s the funniest part to me, that Trump supporters actually believe she is a Trump supporter because she plays one on TV.

It seems she just went a little too far in her rush to be believable.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Whatever hurts ABC is good!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

The truth does not have to hurt.

Well then why didn't Roseanne say so to clear the confusion?

No confusion just leftist payback for the last few weeks on constant in your face rosanne barr style truth about social issues that many folks agree with her on and the left can not stand it at all.

Blacks have enough struggle ahead of them without all the baggage many choose to put on them. Every day they are reminded to be offended by certain words and constantly reminded they are different then all the rest.

When they let go of all that mess they can move on to real battles like learning and earning.

Now back to your regular scheduled outrage

edit on 29-5-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

good point! and miss barr only wants to point it out. that we are all equal. she is like mother teresa

link   

Very high. It's over the top to sack her when other abc actors/hosts insult the sitting president and his family etc and nothing is done. In fact it is encouraged.

Insult is one thing. I checked out who VJ is and the comment was racist. It was political and it was MASSIVELY stupid.

Only if what that comedienne said about Huckabee Sanders and Handmaid's Tale was considered equally tasteless in a religious bigotry sense.

What if.... there is no if so the comparison doesn't exist. This is about Roseanne's tweet. Not a fictional scenario.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's odd to me that Roseanne made a comeback with the same crowd that flips its # over NFL players taking a knee. My very conservative mom had been a big fan of Roseanne right up until Roseanne's wtf rendition of the national anthem. After that, she was like #2-#3 after Jane Fonda on the list of celebrities who would not be forgiven their transgressions.

As for her tweet. Given the history of racists comparing black people specifically to gorillas/chimps/monkeys, etc — which, let's not bull# ourselves here, everyone is aware of — it's really not worth arguing about whether or not she intended to be racist/is a racist/whatever. Then for good measure she threw in some anti-Muslim dog whistle about the Muslim Brotherhood (which is based on a debunked "theory" that Jarrett is a Muslim of Iranian descent).

Not a good look for the star of a primetime network family sitcom and really stupid unforced error for a person who was making a lucrative comeback. She could have just stuck to her normal level of unhinged and raked in the millions.
edit on 2018-5-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Thst being said.... Play stupid games... Win stupid prizes..... She never seemed bright lol

That’s the funniest part to me, that Trump supporters actually believe she is a Trump supporter because she plays one on TV.

For sure...

But brother the world is so upside down anymore.... You could tell me tomorrow Obama voted for Trump and I wouldn't even be surprised....

Just trying my best to stay centered lol in a world that seems to be completely out of its mind
edit on 5/29/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

link   
Dbl....
edit on 5/29/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Well if she turns out to not be a Trump supporter she's going to be thrown under the bus by the same people that are defending her now. Then say, "See? This is what leftists are all about."

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
There were quite a few edgy jokes in her twitter storm. The VJ joke was not really funny at all and I can see how it would offend. The others were quite funny.
Meh. If Barr wants to live by the sword then she'll die by it.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Calling Sarah a liar isn't tasteless. That's literally her job! LOL.

Oh please ... if that's all you think Aunt Lydia does, then you must not be familiar with the character at all.

Basically, Aunt Lydia beats women into submission to serve as sex slaves, and she does it all in the service of God.

I guess your version of "liar" is a much different one than mine.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Nah.

I try to stay consistent when defending free expression.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

a reply to: howtonhawky

OK and what about the Muslim DNA? Seeing any of that there too? She whacked 2 different groups there.

Muslim DNA?

Religion is genetic now?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well, you can catch the gay if you make too many cakes, so there is that.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Do you even read my posts in thread? This has nothing to do with Trump.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

OK and what about the Muslim DNA? Seeing any of that there too? She whacked 2 different groups there.

Muslim DNA?

Religion is genetic now?

Arab or Persian is what Muslim means here. Just read the board.
I'm tired of arguing exactly what you are pointing out. It falls on deaf ears. So when in Rome...

link   

thats super duper bs too. she wanted to degrade this person. if your a grown person, you would know that.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Muslim DNA?

Religion is genetic now?

Arab or Persian is what Muslim means here. Just read the board.
I'm tired of arguing exactly what you are pointing out. It falls on deaf ears. So when in Rome...

Nah bruh. Be clear and purposeful so intelligent people dont misunderstand

I know lots of asian muslims being a thing

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

...and yet, curiously, when we're talking about ripping Israel that old Chestnut "I'm not antisemite, I'm anti-Zionist" gets drug out and circles the block a time or two for all to see. *sigh* the horsecrap, it's mountainous and it's why I refuse to play that game. Hate, love, spite, adoration... it's all the same, so who really cares?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join