It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: notsure1

a reply to: notsure1

They will not have any body liking our POTUS on their network.

How do you know that? Do you work there?

Well If I am wrong you should be able to name a Trump supporter they have on their network. Just one other show with a lead that supports him?

Ill wait...

You made the claim. The burden is on you.

there is not one after this.. So I guess this proves I am right? YAY.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
It may have been in bad taste, but to say it was racist? Ehhh. Keep in mind she does have black grand children. Just saying.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: daftpink
a reply to: intrepid

Very high. It's over the top to sack her when other abc actors/hosts insult the sitting president and his family etc and nothing is done. In fact it is encouraged.

Insult is one thing. I checked out who VJ is and the comment was racist. It was political and it was MASSIVELY stupid.

Only if what that comedienne said about Huckabee Sanders and Handmaid's Tale was considered equally tasteless in a religious bigotry sense.

What if.... there is no if so the comparison doesn't exist. This is about Roseanne's tweet. Not a fictional scenario.

I see, so religious bigotry doesn't exist then? A lot sources wrote about it and thought it was a sick burn.

link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'll put my boogyman where I want. The relevance called for it here. If you choose not to see it that's your problem.

...and thus the reason why the boogeyman no longer carries any weight in these arguments. Overuse, misrepresentation, and misappropriation of causation have reduced it to something which only matters to the most die-hard arguers (on either side of the argument). But please, by all means, believe what you wish... you'll simply be wrong.

link   

Well If I am wrong you should be able to name a Trump supporter they have on their network. Just one other show with a lead that supports him?

Ill wait...

Nope. Here's something for you to ponder on... if ABC knew Roseanne was a Trump supporter, why did they have her in the first place?

Hmmmm.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

More proof that Trump supporters can be as bad or worse.

She has been far left all her life......

Look up her politics and try again before trying to pigronhole.....

Thst being said.... Play stupid games... Win stupid prizes..... She never seemed bright lol

That’s the funniest part to me, that Trump supporters actually believe she is a Trump supporter because she plays one on TV.

It seems she just went a little too far in her rush to be believable.

For sure...

But brother the world is so upside down anymore.... You could tell me tomorrow Obama voted for Trump and I wouldn't even be surprised....

Just trying my best to stay centered lol in a world that seems to be completely out of its mind

I feel you. I kind of believe Obama did vote for Trump.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
Never saw that show.

To me, I hate to see anyone lose there show like this; again I felt the same way about Kathy griffin, about the play that had trump killed, etc.

But hey, she should have been more careful.

Yes, there are double standards though.

Like Joy reid lying about her account being hacked making homophobic statements (that I didnt think were that bad, and I support gay marriage)

Or any other number of actors or actresses or tv personalities that have said disgusting things about trump or his supporters

BUT....

None of that matters in this particular situation.

Rosanne should have known this was a dumb comment for a person with a network tv show to make.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
But please, by all means, believe what you wish... you'll simply be wrong.

Fortunately your reality isn't representative of the rest of the world. You can dismiss but that's only dismissing it to yourself. Reality as it is continues.

link   
a reply to: Annee

No an executive did. Obviously you have not watched the show because there have been things said much worse than comparing VJ to the female from POTA.

Sad.

link   

Ill wait...

Nope. Here's something for you to ponder on... if ABC knew Roseanne was a Trump supporter, why did they have her in the first place?

Hmmmm.

Typical Dimocratic trap.

link   
I guess if she just took a knee it would have been ok....

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Ill wait...

Hmmmm.

Typical Dimocratic trap.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
watch another network take the show, and go ratings supremecy lol.
she is an idiot, never use racist jokes, i have no clue who vj is, but make fun of their intelligence or appearance.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Valerie Jarrett will die in prison, mark my words.
I don't really care what anyone tweets about this traitor.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

We see this kind of thing happen from time to time, some idiot begins to rant on social media and somehow their employer is informed usually leading to a firing. This time, it’s a famous person who just made headlines because her new show was doing so well. Then, she had to say something really stupid and racist on social media. Her employer, ABC, fired her on their own without the boycotts, petitions, and outcry from the public.

Imagine how pissed off everyone who worked on that show is! They were imagining how their life would be in years time with a successful show and then Roseanne did something stupid and took that all away from them. Roseanne knew it was stupid too because how quickly she deleted the tweets and issued an apology.

Social media isn’t for everyone, especially if you’re well known/famous!
edit on 29-5-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

a reply to: howtonhawky

OK and what about the Muslim DNA? Seeing any of that there too? She whacked 2 different groups there.

Muslim DNA?

Religion is genetic now?

Arab or Persian is what Muslim means here. Just read the board.
I'm tired of arguing exactly what you are pointing out. It falls on deaf ears. So when in Rome...

To be fair Muslims can be black.

That offends me.

your fired

Is that you Soros?

code name pudding pie

so i think this show comes on in a few hours?

It would be some 44d chess if abc gets twice the viewers tonite then tomorrow comes out and accepts roseannes srrys and reverses today's decision after banking millions

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: intrepid

Nostalgia means nothing to you? The largest TV viewing demographic today is comprised of people who grew up watching Roseanne 30 years ago. Of course it was going to pull huge numbers in it's reboot and, as the show was supposedly pretty decent in capturing the old magic, it continued to do so. Again, has nothing to do with Trump, so put your little boogeyman away and save it for a topic where it's actually relevant.

Rosanne made it about Trump.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

She was blackmailed and threatened.

👁

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Good old white privilege.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

C'mon, don't be ignorant. Apes and monkeys have been used to insult black people for 100s of years. It is a very sensitive insult to black people. Almost as bad as just calling us the N word.

She is not black, she is Iranian... I understand you point and I agree with you, but I think in this case it has to do more with her features that look much like the fantasy female look in the movie series.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join