It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Back in the day, ABC would have sent out a statement that read, "ABC does not share nor does it endorse that statement."

And be done with it.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Grambler

That job already exists. Sounds like you want to start a PR firm.

Yeah except I just get drunk at time, and tell celebrities "no" everytime they want to post something on facebook or twitter

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Fake news once again cashing in on double standard hypocrisy....All they do is make money off this stupid stuff....Do yourselves a favor and turn off the MSM......They love the money and ratings with this Fake stuff.

Haven't read all 200 comments on this thread so far, so forigive me if I repeat someone else's observation...

Here is the double standard hypocrisy in a nutshell. If you are a left wing comedian (like Michelle Wolfe) who gets up in front of White House staff and "jokes" by insulting their morality, their patriotism, and their looks - in some cases right in front of them - and says a whole lot of other inappropriate stuff, you get offered (or at least it is not cancelled) a Netflix show.

If you are a right wing comedian (like Rosanne Barr) and tweet something inappropriate, including comments about somebody's looks, you have your top-rated ABC sitcom cancelled.

Welcome to the new "left turns only" America.

edit on 29-5-2018 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Eh, I though her statement could have been racist.

LOL...Gee! Ya think?

ABC cancelled the sitcom after writer Wanda Sykes quit! Good on them!

Well isn't she being a little hypocritical.
edit on 29-5-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: Redundant statement is redundant. Blame my coffee maker being broke.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I was working on a screenplay for tv and now that Rosie is free, I might pitch it to her.

It's about a wacky group of Muslims just living day by day, calling it, "Halal In The Family".

(What? Too soon?)

Too late. Little Mosque on the Prairie.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

If you are a right wing comedian (like Rosanne Barr)

Uh she isn't right wing.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Dumb statement to make, considering that she indirectly represents ABC, has a relatively large target on her back being pro-Trump, and playing a pro-Trump title character.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Bottom line. Roseanne did something stupid, and Roseanne got her show cancelled.

Agree with the politics or not, but that's what happened. Consequences kiddies. Learn it.
edit on 29-5-2018 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

originally posted by: JinMI

For us non twits, (hehe) what did she say?

I don't have direct quote but something like... If an Ape and a Muslim had a baby, it would look like Valerie Jarret.

She did apologize, and it was a very bad joke, but cancelling her show was bull. She is not a racist!

Oh, but it's ok for Michelle Wolf and all the late night losers to insult the WH press Sec. Sara Sanders and insult Melania and all the Trumps on a daily basis.

Hey, Sara Sanders may be a woman (though those people question it) but she is still white.

As far as Melania goes, She's beautiful and smart. A dangerous combo for the feminists.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Just read the casts reactions.
Not good.
Sara Gilbert is pretty upset. No doubt because this was probably the one and only show her acting career has brought her too.
Others are bent outta shape but none as much as her

She looks like a fragile, participation medal, Dim.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Just read the casts reactions.
Not good.
Sara Gilbert is pretty upset. No doubt because this was probably the one and only show her acting career has brought her too.
Others are bent outta shape but none as much as her

She looks like a fragile, participation medal, Dim.

I'm sure you won't get upset if you lose a job.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
valerie jarrett is black? She's whiter then me so I'm very surprised. As far as Roseanne she thought she could be edgy and get away with it. She didnt realize Robert Iger is friends with ms jarret.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
More proof that Trump supporters can be as bad or worse.

Remember that time Obama locked immigrant children in cages? I do.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You know you were thinking it too!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: RowanBean
More proof that Trump supporters can be as bad or worse.

Remember that time Obama locked immigrant children in cages? I do.

Because the Internet told you?(yesterday)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Once again, that women with the extremely annoying voice didn't insult Sanders look. Having a perfect smokey eye isn't a insult.

Also, anybody who keeps claiming her looks were insulted probably thinks she wasn't great looking to begin with.

Another thing is how the right sounded like a bunch of college libs complaining about a comedian telling jokes. In case you didn't know, many comedians have spoken about avoiding college campuses because ppl can't seem to take a joke anymore.

You go on a campus and tell jokes about sexual assault, sexual identify, or anything considered insensitive? Outrage. You go in front of some right wing media and tell jokes about America, Patriotism, the president, or someone's smokey eye? Outrage.

You can't do anything without half the country being butthurt

This is also the Era of fake outrage, not just fake news.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
lol

Rule 1

in how to avoid being racist.

Comparing humans to animals...

Thats like old school racism.

S A V A G E S

Suppose this has 0 net effect upon me, as I've not watched an episode for Roseanne, I just remember hating her in the 80s/90s

Now she's a symbol?

What a # show we are in haha, expected though right?

would you rather roseanne, or madonna spat in your mouth?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
All Children should be locked in cages.

They're midget Savages.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
MEANWHILE ..... The Global Markets are Crashing AROUND THE WORLD and your worried about a What? which in 2 weeks no one will care SHEEEEEPPPPPP WAKE UP its manipulation & puppeteering at its finest

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm just gonna leave this here....

Make of it what you will..

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join