It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

...and I can find images of Michelle Obama that look equally like a reference image of a monkey, but if I did so, Katie bar the door because people would loose their SNIP.

It's hypocritical horsecrap and part of a game I refuse to play. Folks are free to be offended and even outraged all they wish to be, but they are not free to demand the same outrage or offense be shared by others. Everyone has their own thresholds and their own limits and, to be honest, everyone also makes their own choice of whether to be offended or not, which is why offense is ALWAYS on the listener, never on the speaker.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I understand what you are saying. But when people call black people that, they usually mean their behavior, not just their appearance.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: RowanBean

a reply to: intrepid

I dont thi k the orange comments are racist.

But you are lying to yourself if you dont think that racist things can be said about trump.

What would the examples of that be? I'm curious.

You want me to post possible racist comments toward "white" people?

Are you serious?

No. Towards Trump as you claimed.

+1 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The truth does not have to hurt.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I dont thi k the orange comments are racist.

But you are lying to yourself if you dont think that racist things can be said about trump.

What would the examples of that be? I'm curious.

You want me to post possible racist comments toward "white" people?

Are you serious?

No. Towards Trump as you claimed.

Well trump is white, correct?

And i said if you cant imagine racist comments toward him, you are fooling yourself.

So are you really saying you cant imagine racist comments towards trump?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

More proof that Trump supporters can be as bad or worse.

She has been far left all her life......

Look up her politics and try again before trying to pigronhole.....

Thst being said.... Play stupid games... Win stupid prizes..... She never seemed bright lol
edit on 5/29/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

The truth does not have to hurt.

Well then why didn't Roseanne say so to clear the confusion?

link   

I understand what you are saying. But when people call black people that, they usually mean their behavior, not just their appearance.

Ah, so something which *can* be changed is on the table... which means it isn't racist. Behavior can always be changed, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion are "protected" because one is born that way, it wasn't necessarily a choice nor was it a learned behavior.

link   

Just asking you for examples.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

OK and what about the Muslim DNA? Seeing any of that there too? She whacked 2 different groups there.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I am aware of that. Doesn't change the fact that she is a Trump supporter. Besides I was playing right out of right wing playbook.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I am aware of that. Doesn't change the fact that she is a Trump supporter. Besides I was playing right out of right wing playbook.

My apologies maybe that's why I didn't catch it.... I do my best not to engage in tribal bs

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

OK and what about the Muslim DNA? Seeing any of that there too? She whacked 2 different groups there.

Yeah, on that one Barr actually did her homework. Jarrett was a large part of why the US supported the Muslim Brotherhood during the Arab Spring events. She's Islamic and has been very active in normalizing American views on hardline Muslims in this country. humanevents.com... She's not associated with nice, honest, trustworthy people, so Barr hit the nail on the head there.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yeah, on that one Barr actually did her homework.

So you are saying this was premeditated then? You're not helping the cause.

+1 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Valerie Jarrett is a public figure, why would premeditation regarding a tweet against her matter in the least? Look, my only "case" here is that Barr's tweet didn't offend me in any way. I simply don't care.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

Very high. It's over the top to sack her when other abc actors/hosts insult the sitting president and his family etc and nothing is done. In fact it is encouraged.

Insult is one thing. I checked out who VJ is and the comment was racist. It was political and it was MASSIVELY stupid.

Only if what that comedienne said about Huckabee Sanders and Handmaid's Tale was considered equally tasteless in a religious bigotry sense.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Sad part is, its not just herself she cost jobs.....

Whatever her motivation it was stupid and irresponsible...

But again.... When has she ever let us down on saying something ridiculous

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This sucks. I am a fan of the original show and I thought the new show was pretty good. I thought it could be a bridge to making the two political sides look at each other as people instead of caricatures.

But yowza, I don't blame ABC for shutting it down. In this day and age, no corporation will put up with comparing black people to apes. Even if that is not how Roseanne meant it. I mean, it was just a joke. And I support the right of comedians to say whatever jokes they want. No matter how edgy.

I think people these days are too sensitive. Everyone on both sides cries like little girls when their feelings are hurt. Someone probably just got offended by my use of the phrase crying like little girls.

But I don't have a network TV show either. If Roseanne's goal was bringing people together. And most of Hollywood was against your message to begin with. You gotta be smarter. Guess its back to TVLand and Reruns for me.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Very high. It's over the top to sack her when other abc actors/hosts insult the sitting president and his family etc and nothing is done. In fact it is encouraged.

Insult is one thing. I checked out who VJ is and the comment was racist. It was political and it was MASSIVELY stupid.

Only if what that comedienne said about Huckabee Sanders and Handmaid's Tale was considered equally tasteless in a religious bigotry sense.

Let's be fair.... We didn't know who she was before the press gala.......

And we can't remeber her name now so..... Lol

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Calling Sarah a liar isn't tasteless. That's literally her job! LOL.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join