It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The function of the Great Pyramid of Giza

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
This was a culture that recorded their events, their culture, their lifestyle, and what food they ate, on the walls of caves, on bowls, on everything they COULD draw on.

Would they forget to paint something about how they built the greatest monument ever known? They'd just 'forget' to paint a wall or two, on what they've all been working on for the past 50-100 years? Sure.

Please provide the Ancient Egyptian accounts of how they build Ramesses III's Mortuary Temple at Medinet Habu.

Far more recent than the GP, and if your claim is correct, this should be quite easy for you.

Harte

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

This was a culture that recorded their events, their culture, their lifestyle, and what food they ate, on the walls of caves, on bowls, on everything they COULD draw on.

Would they forget to paint something about how they built the greatest monument ever known? They'd just 'forget' to paint a wall or two, on what they've all been working on for the past 50-100 years? Sure.

In their defense, it is always possible they didn't want anyone to know their secrets. But I'd still expect to see a few accurate portrayals of at least some of the work the workers did, left somewhere for us to see it.

But at the same time, I have to wonder why they abandoned it, if it was their creation? I could see them leaving the area if it reminded them too much how small they were, but not if it reminded them how cool they were.

There's another problem with your Khufu theory - it doesn't mention how it was built, there are no carvings showing how it was built, or showing Khufu overseeing his 'workers' building it.

Right, and most of the stories that survived to the time of historians like Herodotus spoke of hundreds of thousands of slaves, and had pictures if flimsy wooden cranes that could barely support a few hundred kilos if a scale copy were to be built.

However, in Egypt's defense, it's always possible a later king had deliberately destroyed the original records in order to make their own dynasty seem more important.

This would prove, to everyone, forever after, that the greatest monument ever built on Earth, was built by the greatest of all Kings, King Khufu'. He describes, in every detail, how he built his monument. It can still be disputed from that point, that he didn't really build it, but rather, he had discovered the records of HOW it was built, and destroyed the records, so to claim he built it.

That's the very LEAST of evidence required to indicate he most likely built it. Even then, it would not be absolute proof, but a strong argument could be made for it.

I believe King Khufu simply wanted everything to appear as if he had built the great pyramid, as much as possible, while he had no idea who built it, or why it was built. And we know he didn't build it, or he'd have scrawled it all over the walls.

Ancient rulers like Khufu believed they were above humans, as God-like figures, who deserved worship, and devotion, and so on. One look at their artwork proves they were God-like figures.

All it would take from that point is a King's bloated ego, and slaves, to make it appear as if he built the pyramids. I'd bet that OTHER kings probably started it all, well before Khufu came along. Just replace tombs, and a few walls, and you're the new 'builder'!

Anyway, the main point is that we'll never know who built it, or when, or why, and - most important - HOW it was built.

But I do know that any of these Kings would have trumpeted on and on, about how they built the great pyramid, and they didn't, so they tried to appear as the builders.

The only thing this narrative is missing is that it would be more likely for one of Kufu's descendants to perpetrate this fraud, rather than for Khufu himself to do it.

In dynastic times, attributing any great feat to one of your predecessors would have basically the same effect as claiming to have done it yourself.

If that predecessor is a few generations gone, then people may not remember well enough to refute the claims.

Something like this happened in South America with Sacsayhuam. Where the Inca had an oral tradition where they believed they had built the fortress, but it is in fact now known that it was originally built the Killke culture that had been there a few hundred years before them.

en.wikipedia.org...

It also kind of reminds me of what happened with the earliest Egyptian king Narmer, who is depicted in murals doing lots of slaying of his enemies, but his burial pit is pretty modest for someone who had been a great king. (Suggesting that maybe he was small time, but his descendants re-imagined his greatness after they came to power.)

History is told by the winners.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Indeed, history is what the winners all claim to be the truth, or false.

A part of it may be true, or may be completely made up - nobody knows the truth, sadly.

Such a king would want to be known, as an immortal, a god-like status, and such a monument would never be kept a secret, if he built it. Why would anyone do that, especially a king?

The other problem is that a great monument, decades in building, many thousands who would have built it, don't bother to, umm,,, paint it on a wall, or on a bowl, or perhaps mention it....not even once???

As if...

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

A part of it may be true, or may be completely made up - nobody knows the truth, sadly.

Such a king would want to be known, as an immortal, a god-like status, and such a monument would never be kept a secret, if he built it. Why would anyone do that, especially a king?

The other problem is that a great monument, decades in building, many thousands who would have built it, don't bother to, umm,,, paint it on a wall, or on a bowl, or perhaps mention it....not even once???

As if...

It was mentioned. That's how we know they called it "Akhet Khufu."

Harte

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

As if...

Harte

Anyone can say he built it, that's not proof of anything but his ego.

I'm referring to mentioning HOW it was built. Not graffiti that says 'I, Great King Khufu, am the builder of this incredibly complex pyramid, in AD 1000'

'PS However, I've decided that I won't tell anyone how I built it, for personal reasons!'

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I'd like to tell you how I built the Golden Gate Bridge, too, but I've decided not to, for personal reasons!

'Look at the great pyramid we've built, Akbar'

'It's best to keep silent about how it was built, so I've heard. Not a word on it, Omar'

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

The name of Khufu appears in the relieving chambers.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: kborissov

I, too, believe you are on the right track. I also tend to believe that it wasn't so much a tomb, as it was a hiding place for the leaders/servants during extinction level events.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

As if...

Harte

I'm referring to mentioning HOW it was built. Not graffiti that says 'I, Great King Khufu, am the builder of this incredibly complex pyramid, in AD 1000'

'PS However, I've decided that I won't tell anyone how I built it, for personal reasons!'

Can you provide any Ancient Egyptian writings concerning how they built anything at all?
If not, does that mean they built nothing?

Harte

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
Interesting theory.

Not sure if it's true but I'd recommend reading.

Or the function was to create a FORCEFIELD around Earth to PROTECT THE PLANET......and to protect us.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: vinifalou
Interesting theory.

Not sure if it's true but I'd recommend reading.

Or the function was to create a FORCEFIELD around Earth to PROTECT THE PLANET......and to protect us.

Wasn't very effective, then. (list of impact craters younger than 10k years... and these are only the bigger ones.)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

As if...

Harte

Can you provide any Ancient Egyptian writings concerning how they built anything at all?

Harte

It doesn't mean we should automatically assume they DID build it, either!

They assume it, without proof, of any sort....

Like evolution, and gravity, are assumed 100% factual, without a shred of valid proof!

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Built pyramids, forgetting how they built them? Sorry!

Total nonsense.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Its function was to get God to do what we wanted it too. Just the same as any Church, or Temple. The mystery lies in the definition of God.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It is clearly showing that once existed an era of extreme knowledge, far beyond humans of today.

Anyone that thinks they could build all those pyramids, have others build pyramids around the world, purely a coincidence, thanks.....while some think it's ramps and rollers, simple as that....no proof of it, but surely, it seems to be quite simple, if one chose to replicate it!!

Then we have others saying only aliens could built the pyramids, or alien technology was used, for sure!!

Humans built the pyramids, with knowledge that humans of today cannot grasp...obviously.

All our 'experts' said humans evolved from apes!

Humans built the pyramids, using primitive tech. Same as all the other massive monuments were built, too!

So they worked hard, over many years, trying to lift those stones 30 feet upward, to place them atop of some other stones.

Stones which weighed over 20 tons each. Using the same, crude technology, of the day....

When they failed, over and over, attempting it, all ways, all methods, nobody said it wouldn't work, somehow....

It was a method which they hadn't figured out, as yet, nothing else.

The obvious problem is any culture that could have built monuments that stand up today, as thousands of years before today, while nobody knows how it was possible, at the time.

A primitive people with crude tools of the day, without a clue of structural engineering, or what it is, or how it's used, or what happens if it's not used, when building a structure.

Good one.

This shows human knowledge was beyond - either in whole, or in part(s), human knowledge of today....

A pyramid is an example, of this.

edit on 16-6-2018 by turbonium1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Stacking rocks is not really very tricky. If you want to build something tall using rocks, a pyramid is the way to go.
Putting spaceships into orbit and beyond is somewhat more difficult.

Oh, wait. That never happened. There are no spaceships and certainly nothing can orbit the Earth. Because, you know, its shape.

edit on 6/15/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity
Don't think those guys had God, as such.

Makes more sense that the pyramids were a combination monument/resurrection machine. Only one is a real thing though.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

As if...

Harte

Harte

It doesn't mean we should automatically assume they DID build it, either!

They assume it, without proof, of any sort....

Like evolution, and gravity, are assumed 100% factual, without a shred of valid proof!

The fact that you are unaware of evidence does not mean others are also unaware. Nor does it mean the evidence isn't there.
Your education is in your OWN hands. Sorry if you been flubbing it.

Harte

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Its function was to get God to do what we wanted it too. Just the same as any Church, or Temple. The mystery lies in the definition of God.

Humans thought they were gods, which was a fatal mistake.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: turbonium1

Stacking rocks is not really very tricky. If you want to build something tall using rocks, a pyramid is the way to go.
Putting spaceships into orbit and beyond is somewhat more difficult.

Oh, wait. That never happened. There are no spaceships and certainly nothing can orbit the Earth. Because, you know, its shape.

If they could move 20-30 ton rocks, by whatever means available to them, at that time, then nobody would be arguing about how it could have been possible, yes?

Saying it is possible doesn't PROVE it is possible.

So what source proves it, if any?

I'll wait..

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join