It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The function of the Great Pyramid of Giza

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Average weight of the limestone blocks in the great pyramid is 2.5 tons.
I don't need to see Dr. Hawass.
Look it up yourself.

Harte

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kborissov

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: kborissov

(which beyond any doubt is the most complicated structure/system that has been ever built on this planet)

False.
European cathedrals are far more complex and involve far more engineering and construction skills. They too were built of stone.

Cathedrals are beautiful but they are not made of 1M randomly sized blocks, laid out in a structure with tolerance on the pyramid sides a few cm. That is just one pick, lots other complex problems were solved on GP. People who know engineering know what I am talking about.

I have an engineering degree along with 25 years experience working as an engineer.
What I know is that you don't know what you're talking about.

Harte

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

A 747 is just a pile of metal . Until it takes off.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

False.

For starters, the vast majority of its volume is full of air (when the tanks are empty). Like a cathedral.

edit on 6/17/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kborissov

No, they did not, not even a fraction of that knowledge needed to complete this project.

Knowledge isn't always linear. Take Archimedes Palimpsest for example, written in 3rd century BC, it was only rediscovered in 20th century. Yet many of the methods Archimedes wrote in the Palimpsest were only surpassed by integral calculus by the 17th Century, some ~2000 years latter.

Its possible that Archimedes acquired some of his mathematical knowledge from the Ancient Library of Alexandria (its said he was a patron). That was written in one of the libraries 400,000+ scrolls that were lost. Perhaps if the Ancient Library of Alexandria hadn't been destroyed, we'd know today how the pyramids were built.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

a reply to: dragonridr
And of course you can prove that the megaliths in Baalbek do not predate Romans, right?

Yes we can any other questions?

No other questions, just the one I posted...I am still listening...

So you womt do any research and expect ne to teach you? The reason we know thr romans moved thr triathlons is simple. Under it there is a drum used to make the columns in the Temple of Jupiter. Because it is underneath the base stones, this drum must have been place there before the trilithon was put into place.

This means that either the romans built the base around the temple or they moved the stones placed a drum they cut underneath it and moved thr stones back. Now im going to say that would be stupid if the wall was all ready there. Meaning guess what we can prove thr Romans built the wall. You really shouldnt base your beliefs on ancient aliens or Zecharia Sitchin. Theres alot he didnt tell you in his book.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

There is also a piece of technology the egyptians were aware of called a capstan. Basically rap a rope around a drum and use levers to spin the drum. We actually have images showing them moving obelisks this way. But seldom is that actually mentioned because everyone thinks Egyptians were to stupid to stack stones.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

There is also a piece of technology the egyptians were aware of called a capstan. Basically rap a rope around a drum and use levers to spin the drum. We actually have images showing them moving obelisks this way. But seldom is that actually mentioned because everyone thinks Egyptians were to stupid to stack stones.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

a reply to: turbonium1

Where you aware thr romans moved much heavier stones building temples. For example in Baalbek the romans moved stones weighing in a colossal 800 tonnes. Western wall in Jarusalem the largest stone is 517 tonnes. Great pyramid the stones were from 25 to 80 tonnes. So these are no where near the largest stones mankind has moved. So you claiming its impossible is silly.

Now about egyptians they would have floated the blocks to the base of the pyramid. And yes we know they used ramps. We found found Retaining walls of a ramp at the pyramids of the queens of Khufu near the Sphinx dor example showing us where ramps were. Now eventually ramps will become useless as you move up however thermal images may have given us a clue how they did it.

historum.com...

If ramps and pulleys were used to build the pyramids, then where has it been replicated, at least to the point it shows - beyond doubt - that it actually would have worked in such a way??

What about if they just started by chipping out one block, from the quarry? With tools of the day, of course. Anyone done that yet? What about moving a block to the pyramids, with pulleys, etc? Someone must have done that, right? It's only been a few thousands of years we've had to replicate, or demonstrate, exactly how they were built!!

PROVE how 'pulleys and ramps' would have worked, with a real world demonstration....

Just as you should have shown me, in the first place...

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Here's my point - I do believe humans built the pyramids. I do NOT believe anyone has PROVEN how humans built the pyramids, as yet.

That's what I'm looking for, now..

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Archimedes had a high degree of spacial recognition ability as demonstrated with the Palimpsest.
Throughout history dating back before the ruins at Newgrange Ireland, there may have been individuals that could have done the math used in the placement of the great pyramid.
The basic engineering needed to reflect that "function" in a mega structure obviously evolved over the Millennia as for example copper tools made quarrying more efficient.
Modern day Aviation evolved from primitive gliders at the turn of the 20'th century to ring laser guided fly by wire mach 3 aircraft in just 50 years (probably expedited by WW2).

Unfortunately the period we are currently living in is more akin to a dark age similar to the periods following the Roman and Aztec empires.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

They didnt use pulleys in fact egyptians to our knowledge didnt know the mechanical advantages of a pulley. As for the proof read the article you can see the internal ramps. Dont even know why im bothering to discuss this with you since you know so little about the egyptian culture.

My suggestion for you is to do some research so you wouldnt say stupid things like they used pulleys.
edit on 6/17/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

It doesn't surprize me in the least. Was reading an artical earlier on Tutankhamuns dagger. They egyptians used the word bi-A for iron that has been seen written on walls dating back to at least 2375 BC. With iron they might have developed a simple steam engine for all we know (like Herons aeolipile of 70AD) to power saws cutting through stones etc.

Regardless how they did it. The pyramids are a hard act to follow.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

Archimedes had a high degree of spacial recognition ability as demonstrated with the Palimpsest.
Throughout history dating back before the ruins at Newgrange Ireland, there may have been individuals that could have done the math used in the placement of the great pyramid.
The basic engineering needed to reflect that "function" in a mega structure obviously evolved over the Millennia as for example copper tools made quarrying more efficient.
Modern day Aviation evolved from primitive gliders at the turn of the 20'th century to ring laser guided fly by wire mach 3 aircraft in just 50 years (probably expedited by WW2).

Unfortunately the period we are currently living in is more akin to a dark age similar to the periods following the Roman and Aztec empires.

I believe the technologies used to build the pyramids are held by those who rule Earth, and they leave a clue to that on the US dollar bill. The great pyramid, with a large 'eye' directly above it. -'We know how it was built, but you don't'

The dollar bill is a blatantly obvious way to show this, too.

Unless you think the great pyramid of Egypt, and a huge 'eye' above it, symbolizes America?

Anyway, where is the proof of ramps and pulleys?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

I am not sure we are in a dark age, The economy looks bleak yes, but communication allows us to share information more easily. And that sharing of information advances technology at faster rates. So I am hopeful that we could enter a new age soon.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

It doesn't surprize me in the least. Was reading an artical earlier on Tutankhamuns dagger. They egyptians used the word bi-A for iron that has been seen written on walls dating back to at least 2375 BC. With iron they might have developed a simple steam engine for all we know (like Herons aeolipile of 70AD) to power saws cutting through stones etc.

Regardless how they did it. The pyramids are a hard act to follow.

Unlikely they were aware of iron but they believed it was a gift from the gods. “bi-A-n-pt”, which literally translates as “iron from the sky”.

They knew meteors contained iron and the dagger of tutankhamun is meteoric iron. But it would have been very rare and extremely expensive. Not enough to make anything bigger then a dagger.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Please look up the great seal of the United States it will explain the all seeing eye. And even why a pyramid was used. I think im done talking to you because you dont listen and just spout non sense.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Please look up the great seal of the United States it will explain the all seeing eye. And even why a pyramid was used. I think im done talking to you because you dont listen and just spout non sense.

You seriously think that a humongous eye, perched atop the Great Pyramid of Giza, is supposed to symbolize America, and/or American citizens!!?

The pyramid is in Egypt, thousands of years before 'America' existed, which were all European settlers, as well.

Only the Great Pyramid even existed. But to think it is actually meant to be a 'symbol' of American people..... is truly moronic.

A grotesquely-sized human eye, perched atop the Great Pyramid, is certainly not a bit weird, or bizarre, right??
edit on 22-6-2018 by turbonium1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

You seriously think that a humongous eye, perched atop the Great Pyramid of Giza, is supposed to symbolize America, and/or American citizens!!?

So, you didn't look it up?

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

The only problem, meteoric iron is virtually impossible to forge.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join