It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

That's what happened to my last laptop. lol

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
I know what that's like, and yes it's even worse if you have only one working USB port.

But you can use a USB splitter. They're very cheap -- well, a LOT cheaper than a replacement laptop keyboard -- and readily available. There are twin ports, 3, 4, and even 7 port splitters available.

A 4-port USB hub splitter can be found on eg Ebay for about five bucks.

Thanks Mike. I'll have to look into this once I have five bucks or so.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
a reply to: Mike Stivic
It's a .70-litre bottle. About 1 1/2 US pints.

Camera perspective makes a difference, but I do have fairly big hands. I can span an octave and a third on a standard piano keyboard. Can't palm a beachball
, but can catch a basketball on the up-bounce from a dribble and hold it downwards in one hand.

Lol I bet you never lost a thumb wrestling match..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

May I ask you what the 1. ** c6 means in your sig ? Been curious about it for awhile now .

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

It's ok Mike. I'll hold her, you do the tickling...

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

It is algebraic notation for chess.
it is my reply as black to any opening move by white.

It's been my Sig forever,your the first to ask !

Basically it's me moving my queens bishops pawn up one square..
This is in prep for a queen pawn thrust without barring my queens bishop from play with an early e6.

It's a. Modified caro-kahn .. as black I find it an interesting system.

I love chess....been playing since I was eight.

Respectfully,
~meathead

Sry it took so long to reply I was watching jeopardy then got sucked into night's birthday thread

Fixed typo e3 changed to the correct e6..

edit on 18-4-2018 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hello people!

I see you have had a conversation about comedy. Well, british comedy never amuses me. It is dry and slow-paced. There are some gems in America though. You know that movie dumb and dumber? when me and my stepbrother were kids or early teen or something, it was a running joke if we couldn't figure out what to do, then one of us said "let's go watch dumb and dumber" so i know every scene picture perfect and every line exactly. I guess everyone needs achievements to keep confidence in shape.

Watching Finnish comedy makes me want to seek an asylum from somewhere else. Probably many of you know, or have seen those people, who think that they are funny, but actually they are not, and that is horrifying. A normal level-headed person can be intentionally or unintentionally amusing at times, but when there is a bunch of people who think that they are comedy gods and then fall like the hindendburg, watching it is just agony. In the past, we had kummeli though!

Oh yeah kummeli guys were also talented musicians, but mostly just had fun. Here they go "italian"

edit on 18-4-2018 by Finspiracy because: capito tutto

edit on 18-4-2018 by Finspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I have really tried to get into Monty Python because it is so respected. Just can't find anything funny. Ok i laughed once, when that dude (was it Moses?) came down from the mountain, holding three stones, telling "I bring you these 15 commandments" and then one stone fell and was crushed "Eh... i bring you these ten commandments" When subject is serious, and fun is being made in goodwill, not to offend anyone except the ones who are offended by everything, it is cool when done with class.

Editing this one, not wishing to make a clean hat trick of posts. There is one above all the others when it comes to being amused and actually laughing at times like LOL and not just a small smile and a sense of being amused. The Simpsons. It was Simpsons when i was a kid, and it is simpsons now as an adult. My life goal is not to turn out like Barney did.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Cucumber and toast? Really? Unfunny!

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

There is one person in my life , who, God bless him, tries really hard to tell a joke or be funny, and it really is excruciating.. I'm talking make a Knock knock joke last 10 minutes before getting to the punch line ..

And then there are people who can tell you about doing something as trivial as pumping gas and make it a laugh riot.

Everyone has different tastes , I just love the dry biting wit that is English/British comedy.

As an American I can honestly say I feel most American comedy is dumbed down as far as it can get.i was basically talking about comedians and skit troops.but there's a reason also that a lot of our great sitcoms are remakes of British ones as well.. the office, all in the family, and quite a few more of our"classics" are waterdowned versions of over the pond created shows.

Dumb and dumber was a great movie though..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I'd go crazy if I couldn't use my mouse! Awwwww sweet pic!

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Language can be a barrier and humour style too. Humour is subjective.
Just remember the English are simple and stupid and sarcastic and even more stupid. Hope it helps.

edit on 18/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Went here for lunch. Had lemon chicken with fresh string beans and parmesan risotto, fresh bread hot from the oven, two black Russians, chocolate cake and coffee. YUM!

www.colblackintoninn.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Now that sounds/tastes like a good day! Barman...

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

It's been my Sig forever,your the first to ask !

That's because the rest of us just thought you were weird. LOL Seriously though, I wondered myself what the hell it meant.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

It was amazing!

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ina reply to: Night Star

Lol..

I am a bit weird. But I promise it's not some super secret esoteric code..just boring old chess...

Ok gang I'm going to call it a night.

Enjoy the rest of your birthday Night Star!

/hugs

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Bed? But the night is young yet! Oh alright. Goodnight Mike, sweet dreams!

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
Ina reply to: Night Star

Lol..

I am a bit weird. But I promise it's not some super secret esoteric code..just boring old chess...

Ok gang I'm going to call it a night.

Enjoy the rest of your birthday Night Star!

/hugs

Respectfully,
~meathead

At least now I know what it means 😏... thanks for answering my question.

Night Joe.. may you have peaceful dreams .

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Had Jacey on my mind today ... sent up a small prayer for her as I know she had to leave the shelter and go stay with friends at mid month. Really hoping she gets her own place on the first like Blue said she would.

Hang in there Jacey ... and may you be blessed with what you need ... a home and a sense of security!

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join