It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Amen to that!

God, I miss that girl!

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Sliding in tonight to make an appearance!

Spent some time with my dad today out somewhat catching some trains today although we didn't have to go far. We were in the process of heading over to Wally World to get some preemie baby clothes for my sister because she can't really find any she likes. As we were crossing over the overpass to get to Wally World. I just happen to look off to the right and see some power setting on the yard lead and the lead engines setting close by. So after we dropped my step-mom off at the front door to go in. We made a bee line over there and it was a good thing that we did. Get over there and the coal train's crew was getting ready to up and move the other two locomotives out to the train.

1. With a couple of former Norfolk Southern SD60s lying around and waiting. The crew of KN39 couples onto the rear of the two SD60s to take them north to tie on their train.

2. Shoving what I believe was a bad order or an extra car out of the consist. KN39 reverses south to clear so that KN381's power could come off the fuel pad. If you look real close in the background. You can see KN381's power being readied to come off the fuel pad.

3. After being lined off the pit and fuel pad. KN381's power rolls out onto number four lead with a former SOO LINE/Indiana Railroad SD60 and a former Southern Pacific SD45/SD40M-2.

4. Which one is going to go first!? KN39 patiently waits as they try to no avail to get a hold of their dispatcher in Pittsburg, Kansas to get some track authority to go north towards Charleston. This as the power and crew for KN381 patiently wait on number four lead for the coal train to clear.

5. Pounding over the switches at the north end of Dickinson Yard. A Norfolk Southern "Top Gon" rolls out of the yard. You can actually see the coal falling off the car if you look real close.

6. With the coal train in the clear and long gone on up to the north. KN381's power pull the car that was set out north so they could clear the switch and shove back into the yard.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

In honor of Night's birthday, I'm sharing a blast from the past, well my own past.
My wife was the queen of Tulsa radio contests as much as she loved music and the chance to get concert tickets and backstage passes. Most of the local DJs were quite familiar with her and her flaming red hair. Music was my wife's first love so being apart of the Tulsa music scene in the 70's-00's allowed her to meet many celebrities.

Way back in 2001, a local TV station (must have been with Paramount) was having a contest sponsored in part by Taco Bell. We were never ones to pass on the chance of getting free food. Yes, she won some free Taco Bell food plus the grand prize which for the most part was a paid trip to Burbank to tour Paramount Studios and see the taping of an episode of The 70's Show. Above is a clip from that episode titled "Hot Donna". As my wife had worked in a few college radio stations she felt as one with Donna. We did get to meet Laura Prepon and most of the cast afterward. I should have the script from that episode in a box somewhere on this planet.

The journey to Hollywood started out as just another day in of things going wrong as I broke my glasses while waiting for our connecting flight in Phoenix. This meant that we spent the most of day one Burbank finding and waiting to get my glasses fixed. I think it was a Sunday at that.

Day two was our tour of Paramount. It was interesting to see the false building fronts that have been used in so many movies. Some of the buildings I recognized such as what served as the cafeteria on Happy Days and Brady Bunch. Of course, we thought the water fountain out front of the studio was cool as it is the one that is in the opening title of Friends. So I took many photos of what we were allowed to. We did get to see Moose, the dog that played Eddie on Frazier. He was outside to take care of business of course. Also there was Tom Cruises Paramount golf cart which is bigger and taller than most other golf carts of course. Being the Star Trek fan that I am I was pleased to see one of the shuttlecrafts from Enterprise. Before I finish this short tour of Paramount I do want to confirm that my wife did dance on Soul Train. Well, the studio was empty except for the tour group so she danced for a few seconds just for the honor of doing so. lol

Day two was the main event which took place at CBS Studios. I think there were about thirty people there to see the taping of the show. While we were waiting to be let in the studio we were all sitting on some cement benches just outside the door. Some old guy with long gray hair sat next to me. He was holding a copy of the script so I figured he worked for the show. He asked my wife and me what we thought of the show. I don't recall what I said other than it's cool. It took me until I saw this old gray hair guy working behind the set to realize who that was. It was Tommy Chong of course.

After the taping most of the cast came forward to say hello and thanks for being there. As my wife was the one who loves the limelight she was the one who talked the longest to Prepon about her days working on the radio stations and such.

We were staying at the Burbank Marriott which must have been popular with celebrities as we saw a few while there. Here is the list of who we saw outside of the cast of the 70's show:

Soleil Moon Frye and Melissa Joan Hart - at Paramount, most likely leaving the set of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch.
Eddy from Frazier - at Paramount.
Jenna Elfman - in the elevator at the Marriott.
Oliver Platt - eating breakfast at the Marriott.
Johnny Greco - checking in or out at the Marriott.

That is the long and the short of it other than that we also won a few things (books/autographs) from Enterprise in this contest.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Thank you for sharing those trains with us my friend. I have missed out on seeing them in the shed. Looks like you had some nice weather at as well.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I understood almost nothing of what you said but enjoyed the photos.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

You met Tommy Chong? Holy Smoke! I don't know if he invented the stoner movie genre but he was certainly a huge part of it. Friends of mine had the record of Up In Smoke back in the day. Hilarious stuff.

Sad that the US government sent him to prison for nine months but he took the plea to protect his wife. His crime? Lending his name and image to his son's company that "drug paraphernalia". The weird thing is that his son was never charged. The US government wanted to make an example and show their power by charging a high-profile person. Quite sad. In the UK if police see scales or pipes/bongs, they see that as reasonable cause to execute a search. It sure must be one evil plant. Reefer Madness.

While inside he met the real Wolf of Wallstreet and encouraged him to write his story which went on to become the movies with Leonardo di Caprio. (I haven't watched it)

Speaking of stoner movies (they've come a long way since Cheech and Chong) is anyone is interested, Super Troopers 2 is being released on wait for it... 4/20.
The original was a riot and has gained cult status and number 2 looks like it will do the same.

Number one

Number 2 trailer

You will laugh and don't need to inhale any smoke.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I take my boy on holiday with a few other families with autistic kids and I met this amazing kid, about 14 he was. He knew everything about trains. I mean everything! He could identify a train by a CM square of paintwork. It was fascinating. I listened for hours. To be honest it wasn't the trains that necessarily fascinated me, it was his savant trait, his knowledge and his own deep interest. I love listening to people about their passions.

His mum asked me if I was "bored of trains yet?" but seeing into that mind was awesome (in the truest sense of the word). I have a bit of an affinity with trains as my dad worked on them all his working life. I would get to ride in the driver's cabin, it made me feel special 🙂

They are mighty contraptions indeed! One of my dreams is to travel on a steam train one day. Maybe I'll take young Josh and he can tell me all about it as we chug through the countryside.

Thanks for your post, I really enjoyed it!

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dakini37
...One of my dreams is to travel on a steam train one day. Maybe I'll take young Josh and he can tell me all about it as we chug through the countryside...

Bring him to Scotland!
There's a great little Steam-Train Railway up at Aviemore in the heart of the Highlands. (Strathspey Railway??)
I've taken my boys on it 4 or 5 times now and they LOVE IT!

Here's a clip or two...

I just found their website - it IS Strathspey Railway!
Strathspey Railway Aviemore

G

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

How adorable is that! I want to go in one of those really old one with the cubicles, a la Harry Potter.

My favourite restaurant has cubicles and makes me feel like I'm on the Orient Express. 😂

Cheers mah dear ♥

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
As I haven't had coffee yet, I am far from being awake but felt the need to pass on this message from our Jacy:

She loves everyone here and wishes Night Star a happy birthday. Jacy is still living in the women's shelter on a day by day basis. Meaning that if someone new wants to stay at the shelter then she gets kicked out and will have to live in her car. She continues her search for an apartment but having limited income is making the search difficult at best.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

So sorry to hear that. I thought things were starting to look up for her but sadly not. How they can throw one person out to give shelter to another sounds very wrong.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

No problem..lol shoulda asked me sooner.. Sry for the let down

Chooch,
Awesome photo's it's awesome you and your pops share a common hobby.

Gordi,
Cool train, I bet your kids love it when you take them!

Blue,
What a wonderful memory, thank you kindly for sharing that with us here. Your wife sounds like a great woman full of life and exuberance..,I am glad you are keeping her alive in spirit, every time you reminisce and share, you spread her presence and
We all are much better for it.

Jacy,
Sending many good vibes your way!

/hugs gang

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriverYou met Tommy Chong? I don't know if he invented the stoner movie genre but he was certainly a huge part of it.

Chong? Invented stoner movie genre? Far from it. Every pill is OK if it works somehow, and brain activity is next to a small rock. Puts all stoners in a very, very bad light. Can't stand those movies due to polysubstance dependence.

ETA: But i gladly read other recommendations. I kinda liked the one where a dude died and they used his ashes to fertilize the soil and weirdness began. But... it should be really easy and calm to watch. I mean, of course forbidden from children due to being a "stoner movie" but otherwise practically children's stuff type. Normally when i watch movies, a beating or a murder here and there is ok as long as it is not the whole point of the movie. But when i watch a stoner movie, even a tiny bit of violence feels extra bad even when i understand it is all just acting.
edit on 19-4-2018 by Finspiracy because: asked for a movie tip

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Just heard from Jacy and it looks good that she will get an apartment. Time will tell of course, but I feel better knowing it looks like her chances are good. Once she gets settled, she will be living in here with us. The pages will surely fly.

Hello to everyone! I hope you are all having an enchanting day! Need coffee!

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Spirit Cat Card Reading. Cards illustrated and written by Nicole Piar

Courage

Meet Alice. She is small, but brave, jumping head first down the rabbit hole. Although the unknown may seem scary and fraught with danger, we should always hold faith in the beautiful possibilities and discoveries awaiting us. True courage is listening to our intuition and moving in the direction of our heart's deepest yearning, even when we are afraid and want to turn back to our comfortable, familiar world. Trust yourself enough to take that leap,. And always remember, no matter where you land, the ride will be strange, magnificent and oh so worth it.

edit on 19-4-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hello to everyone! I hope you are all having an enchanting day! Need coffee!

Hello to you too, star of the night. Have a great day too, and i am also having coffee. at 23:30pm... just had a solid 7 hour nap. Sometimes it goes like this, then the sleep rhythm fixes itself automatically.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So it is going to be friday, got an invitation to a party, friend turns 47. About 10 people coming there, maybe some women too. He is going to make some punch. I am not afraid now because i don't need to drink to kill my pain, i can just have a few, feel a slight buzz, and wake up the next morning remembering everything and no physical wounds.

I think it could do some good for me to talk to people who i have never met before. A short getaway from my introvert self. The host has a billion good quality vinyls to play and he won't tolerate annoying people around him, ever, so it could be good time. Luckily some people i already know are coming too, so i am not too far away from my comfort zone.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Midnight just passed and coffee kicked in.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Yep, I've met Tommy Chong in addition to some other celebrities in my day. It is a shame that Tommy had to go to prison to set an unneeded example.
That's for the heads up on the upcoming movie. I'll have to check it out once I can find it online.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

The courage card is a good card for me to recall each day.

Thank you for sharing that here.

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join