It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

May I?

/Saunters over to the phonograph...

/hooks thumbs in belt loops and dances a jig!

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Damn, the boys are partying and I have no booze. I'll have a couple of black russions for my Birthday tomorrow though.

Some birthday goodies just for you night!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: Night Star

Birthday? Well that sounds like a good excuse for a party if ever there was one. It make me want to go to the medicinal coffee shop. But I can't but I will be there in spirit!
How young will you be this time around? I know, we're not allowed to ask a lady that question but still, I posted ugly photos of myself.

ETA And I posted a photo of my wood!

First, let me congratulate you on your latest story entries! WOW! That was just awesome and I cannot wait to read more!

I will be...ummm...60 going on 20. When I speak of my age, it's like I'm talking about a stranger. Like when the hell did that happen? You wake up one day and you're 60. LOL
It is a gift though, even with all the aches and pains. I am honored to still be here and to have met all you amazing people.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Oh my God Fin, my favorite drink and chocolate strawberry cake!!!!!!!!! You're my new best friend.

edit on 17-4-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

You may!
Get jiggy with it!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

When I speak of my age, it's like I'm talking about a stranger. Like when the hell did that happen? You wake up one day and you're 60. LOL
It is a gift though, even with all the aches and pains. I am honored to still be here and to have met all you amazing people.

Yes it can be strange. For me, the passing of time is most easily spotted when watching kids grow up. With some friends and relatives, first it is like "ok, now the little thing has born, wears diapers, screams, eats and sleeps" next thing you know, the kid goes to school. Soon after that, the kid can give you a car ride. Makes me really wonder what the heck have i done, while these little helpless screamers have turned into productive members of the society

edit on 17-4-2018 by Finspiracy because: failed quoting

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Rowan Atkinson years before he became Black Adder or Mr. Bean. Totally stupid British humour.

edit on 17/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

lol...yes spiders I feel the same way. I love the Shed been reading the fantastic stories for years now...Hope to see more years of this continuing saga...Anyway thanks to all who write here for the awesome reading I have been enjoying. Also thank you Night Star for keeping it all going (((HUGS)))

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I love British humor, dry and biting yet silly and witty.

Sometimes I think I was born on the wrong continent..

It's getting late here gang, I'm going to head off and cuddle with my Layna-Bear.

/hugs all

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Sleep well dear friend. Give Layna a cuddle from me. Stroke her belly, twice not thrice.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: maryjo44

lol...yes spiders I feel the same way. I love the Shed been reading the fantastic stories for years now...Hope to see more years of this continuing saga...Anyway thanks to all who write here for the awesome reading I have been enjoying. Also thank you Night Star for keeping it all going (((HUGS)))

I had no idea you've been lurking for years. WOW! So nice to meet you Mary! Please stop lurking and join us when you can. Hugs!!!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Great to see that people are lurking too so this is not such a small circle. Please, write a line or two also in the future, if you feel like it.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

This , This, a thousand times This!

Maryjo has with one post become my favorite lurker!
Please , step out of the shadows and speak your mind more often.
I know from personal experience that as comforting as lurking is, it pales in
Comparison to actually interacting with the magical people who inhabit and create this mystical and
Most special place.

/lurkerbe-workerbee-smirkingtree-ridethesled-downhilltotheshed-freshlinensfreshbed-hopingyoustay-fixedyouatray-andsavedyouaplace-nexttothefireplace-Hu gs!

Gnite gang for realsies!

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Besides the known lurkers who we know, I have always been curious about the silent ones that we know nothing about. It is nice to be appreciated enough where folks follow us from Shed to Shed. I would love to see more join us in our daily interactions!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Awww, Joe, you are the sweetest!
Hugs!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Spirit Card Reading

Night Magic

Meet Vespertine No-Sleep-For-The-Wild. She is a swirl of creativity and night time escapades. She is pure nocturnal playfulness and mystery. Going out at night is not only for the young, night magic is for everyone. Explore the night. Go out dancing or walk out under the stars. Gather with your friends and talk into the wee hours. Sing and play music under the moonlight. Stay up to watch a meteor shower or a lunar eclipse. See the sun rise while the world sleeps. Watch your perspective expand and shift. You have more energy than you believe.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Sweetest Dreams Joe!

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
... If i some day travel to Scotland, and ask the bartender to give me a whiskey with coca cola and ice, am i going to get slaughtered by the kilt squad?

Well, first of all we'd tut and shake our collective heads because you ordered Irish or American Whiskey instead of a nice Scotch Whisky (no "e")!! J/K!!!

No one in the pub would bat an eye at you ordering Whisky with cola & ice. (Honest!)

I think there's a bit of snobbery and waffle when it comes to drink, but only really among "aficionados" of that particular product.
You get Whisky snobs (in the same way that you get wine snobs) who insist that Whisky is at it's best with nothing more than just a drop of water added.
The truth is that if you LIKE the taste of Whisky, then a drop of water is all that's needed. It allows the flavours to develop without masking them with sugars and bubbles!
But, if you're not keen on the taste, then yeah add what you want... the problem is... why drink something that you don't like? I'd be happier to see you enjoying your drink!

The real crime is when you take a delicious, precious, complex and delicate premium single malt Scotch Whisky and drown that in cola!! (That's what cheap blended Whisky is for!)

Cheers!

G

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y 'R A I N E !

Snowdrops peek from earth below, they say that Spring has Sprung,
Our 'Raine has notched another ring - no longer twenty one!

Still acting like a teenager (and feeling like one too),
she holds the shed together like rubber bands and glue.

Her calming voice and guiding light make sure we never stray
her writing and her picture posts make everybody's day.

So here's to our bright and shining Star, let's raise a glass (or two!)
Happy Birthday Nightstar, the Best of All Things to YOU!

Gx
edit on 18-4-2018 by Gordi The Drummer because: fix large font

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Nice work Gordi !

You get my thoughts and best wishes on your birthday Night !

May you have many, many more.

And cake.

And some more cake.

Coffee too ... you'll need more cake !

🎂🍰🍮🍩🥃🍾🥂🍺🍻🍷🍸🍼

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join