It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Oh.

Have some kahlua or tia maria with your coffee ... 😉

And ... moar cake !! 😎

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: maryjo44

Hi Maryjo!

Thanks for saying hello, and don't be a stranger... the worst of the shed spiders hide with the lurkers!!!
You'd be better out here by the fire with me!

G

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
a reply to: maryjo44

Hi Maryjo!

Thanks for saying hello, and don't be a stranger... the worst of the shed spiders hide with the lurkers!!!
You'd be better out here by the fire with me!

G

Ahem !!

Gordi does weird fire rituals ... involving mushrooms and haggis. Be warned !!

😅

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Ah, but it is funny when he tries jumping over the fire in his kilt. "Things" get a little warm I reckon.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I love British humor, dry and biting yet silly and witty.

Sometimes I think I was born on the wrong continent..

Sorry my friend but I must protest. You guys made 3rd Rock From the Sun, that Dinosaur thingy (they wore dinosaur suits) and Married With Children. I don't know if it is true but I saw a clip of Stephen Fry explaining the difference between US and UK humour. (Stephen Fry was also in Black Adder, back in the day. Lord Melchett, among other characters) He said that the difference was in the UK the main character was always the one who suffered ridicule whereas in US comedy the fun is always poked at another. They both work equally well imho and who am I to argue with Stephen Fry? He had his own comedy show, short sketches, back in the day too together with Hugh Laurie. Americans probably know Hugh best as House, a medical series (I've never watched it). Humour should be incisive imho, like a doctors scalpel.

The first episode of 3rd Rock From the Sun I couldn't believe my eyes/ears. I almost wet myself and I (and I'm sure many others!) love John Lithgow. A comedic acting genius. Daddy's Home 2 is pure comedy gold. Mel Gibson is in it too but he plays the straight/tough guy against Johns gay-like silliness. I can heartily recommend it if you haven't seen it.

I hate that Seinfeld series, the only good thing, imo, was the bass player that did a few riffs at the end of a scene. Comedy is subjective I guess.

edit on 18/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

And for contrast...

edit on 18/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

The Letter

I think I agree, I prefer British humour. You get whisky snobs, wine snobs, I think I'm a humour snob.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I've been in a similar situation with my neighbour for the last 5 years. Unfortunately if my situation was to end I'd have to move. I try to view him as my object of patience. Doesn't always work, but now and again I'm able to see him as that. Plus we joke about him and call him "ugly Jason Stathem"

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Night! I wish you a very, very happy birthday. Lots of love ♥

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Ah, but it is funny when he tries jumping over the fire in his kilt. "Things" get a little warm I reckon.

Did you know that I invented the "Jumbo Sizzler" sausage?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic
It's a .70-litre bottle. About 1 1/2 US pints.

Camera perspective makes a difference, but I do have fairly big hands. I can span an octave and a third on a standard piano keyboard. Can't palm a beachball
, but can catch a basketball on the up-bounce from a dribble and hold it downwards in one hand.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Morning my Lovelies! Thank you all so much for my Birthday wishes! Trying to have coffee and wake up. Gawd, this is early for me! I'm too tired to even get dressed yet, but I don't think I should go out in my nighty, it just wouldn't be proper.

Much love to you all and...Love and thanks to Mom and Dad for making it all possible!

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Boom! There she blows...
Night Star's Party

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Ooooooh a party for me? Yay! I'm on my way out the door, so I just starred and flagged the thread and will save it to read when I get back! HUGS!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You could have at least said hi in your own party thread.

Wimmin....

edit on 18/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Did you know that I invented the "Jumbo Sizzler" sausage?

Things expand in heat big man. LOL

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hello guys and guyettes. I'm among the walking wounded now as my laptop keyboard has died. I'm using an external keyboard via the only working usb port in the laptop. I have to switch out every time I need to use the mouse vs keyboard. No fun for me. It has also limited what games I can play as some need both keyboard and mouse at the same time.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Mmhmmm...

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
I know what that's like, and yes it's even worse if you have only one working USB port.

But you can use a USB splitter. They're very cheap -- well, a LOT cheaper than a replacement laptop keyboard -- and readily available. There are twin ports, 3, 4, and even 7 port splitters available.

A 4-port USB hub splitter can be found on eg Ebay for about five bucks.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Woot! I'm there!!

And don't worry... Night will drop by the thread and post when she is back from her outing.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Thank god. I'm almost suffocating under all the flags. My most flagged thread, and they're all for her!

ETA I hope someone is pampering her today. Not her every whim of course, just a few. Dragons and unicorns and colours and stuff.
And pixie dust of course.
edit on 18/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join