It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter at Youtube headquaters

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: RomeByFire

He didn't have a gun, but he wishes he did:

Just taking a wild guess you won't be seeing this clip played on CNN much.

"The mainstream media is bought and paid for except for FOX, they're real news!"

I didn't even notice the outlet. It's a live interview. You get to hear exactly what he said. Remember who you think is real news when no other outlet plays that interview though.

So when disclosure project airs interviews with people who claim to have been in underground wars with Reptilians, and no other outlets cover it, that should make me think that disclosure project is on to something?

I'm just quoting this so people can see what you honestly think is even remotely comparable to a local news station being carried by a major network interviewing an eyewitness shortly after a news event.

I feel embarrassed for you.

It's unfortunate that this man was in this position. I can't imagine the feelings that he must of had to manage while trying to decide the best course of action to protect his life.

At the same time, I feel sorry for him because he is already becoming part of the "Fox News effect" with his statements. There is very little context given as to what position he was in, how much danger he was in and how a firearm may have been useful in preventing any/more deaths.

All the Fox News-types needed to hear was "I didn't have a gun, but I wish I did" and the effect is complete. This interview is quickly making it's rounds on the internet and it's serving it's purpose as a heaping helping of red meat for the uninformed/misinformed.

Yeah everyone that can hear what he said is gonna be so misinformed, and anyone who reads your 3 paragraphs of spin is reading the real truth right?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: neo96

In Alabama it’s easier to buy a gun to go fix your frustrations with the world than to buy some grass, get high, chill out.

And yet we've not had anything hitting the national news since a bats**** crazy professor shot up UAH. Mental health is the issue, not how easy it is to buy a gun.

We have a worse problem with fentanyl laced heroin than we do with guns.
edit on 3-4-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: Got my drugs backwards ;b

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Thank you very much. That is what i was referring to, and you answered my question.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

Dude it is a fact 100%

It is easier to legally go out and buy a gun in Alabama than it is to go get some weed.

Please don’t embarrass yourself by ignoring this

It would be easier for someone In Alabama to go buy a gun to fix their frustrations with the world than it would be for them to go puff the magic dragon

Yes, but it hasn't happened. Because a lot of people have guns here, not just the crazy people you're thinking of to make your point.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yeah everyone that can hear what he said is gonna be so misinformed, and anyone who reads your 3 paragraphs of spin is reading the real truth right?

I said nothing of the sort.

You are actually highlighting exactly what I was referring to.

People do not seem to ask for context or clarification. They take what they see/hear on the surface and run with it. Which is what you did with my post and why little tidbits like this video do appeal to the intellectually lazy, who are more interested in perpetuating political biases and agendas than learning about context.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I said nothing of the sort.

You are actually highlighting exactly what I was referring to.

People do not seem to ask for context or clarification. They take what they see/hear on the surface and run with it. Which is what you did with my post and why little tidbits like this video do appeal to the intellectually lazy, who are more interested in perpetuating political biases and agendas than learning about context.

Or people saw that interview live and know the guy didn't give any other context to his statement that he wished he had a gun. That was all he said about that. He didn't indicate whether he thought he could've done anything, and of course the reporters didn't ask for the context or clarification that you want. As long as you're educating us with your baseless assumptions about people's motives, maybe you can figure the most likely explanation why they didn't ask the most obvious question next: "Why do you wish you had a gun?"

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
this would never have happened if they just had their way and repealed the second amendment right?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

All the Fox News-types needed to hear was "I didn't have a gun, but I wish I did" and the effect is complete. This interview is quickly making it's rounds on the internet and it's serving it's purpose as a heaping helping of red meat for the uninformed/misinformed.

Instead he had to watch helplessly as innocent people were shot. Oh well.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

It's funny you feel that way now,how embarrassed will you feel when the Democrats have no viable,electable candidate to oppose him in 2020. They will have to find a way to quit pandering to special interest groups a little and reach out to moderate America, I have little faith they can do either one of those things. They have become very good at motivating the right I will give them that. THE ELECTION WAS LOST WHEN THE DEMOCRAT POWERS THAT BE CHOOSE HILLARY OVER SANDERS. You gave moderate America no choice to choose from and enflamed the rest of the right to get out and vote. Considering the man is still pulling a 50% approval rating 17 months in the Dems have done nothing but solidified his base.

Right or wrong a lot of voters chose the lesser of 2 evils in their mind. Just cause you don't agree doesn't mean Hillary would have been better. Arab Spring,Benghazi hell people the last administration basically armed and created ISIS by most accounts.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Sorry dude I am not playing right now.

You missed all the fun.

Yay guns

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Sorry dude I am not playing right now.

You missed all the fun.

Yay guns

Why, because I blew your example out of the water?

Thanks for playing.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarfbot
this would never have happened if they just had their way and repealed the second amendment right?

No need to repeal the 2nd. Let's just not allow women to have them
(putting on my flame suite).

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You guys need to take it to the mudpit!

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
a reply to: RomeByFire

It's funny you feel that way now,how embarrassed will you feel when the Democrats have no viable,electable candidate to oppose him in 2020. They will have to find a way to quit pandering to special interest groups a little and reach out to moderate America, I have little faith they can do either one of those things. They have become very good at motivating the right I will give them that. THE ELECTION WAS LOST WHEN THE DEMOCRAT POWERS THAT BE CHOOSE HILLARY OVER SANDERS. You gave moderate America no choice to choose from and enflamed the rest of the right to get out and vote. Considering the man is still pulling a 50% approval rating 17 months in the Dems have done nothing but solidified his base.

Right or wrong a lot of voters chose the lesser of 2 evils in their mind. Just cause you don't agree doesn't mean Hillary would have been better. Arab Spring,Benghazi hell people the last administration basically armed and created ISIS by most accounts.

Wow, look, another poster automatically assuming I'm a Hillary supporter and/or Democrat.

Just like religion, not all of us want to play make believe.

Where in the actual Hell did I say anything about Hillary Clinton?

This "lesser of two evils," is a lost cause fallacy.

"There's gonna be evil anyways, might as well be my particular brand of identity politics!"

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

"The mainstream media is bought and paid for except for FOX, they're real news!"

I didn't even notice the outlet. It's a live interview. You get to hear exactly what he said. Remember who you think is real news when no other outlet plays that interview though.

So when disclosure project airs interviews with people who claim to have been in underground wars with Reptilians, and no other outlets cover it, that should make me think that disclosure project is on to something?

I'm just quoting this so people can see what you honestly think is even remotely comparable to a local news station being carried by a major network interviewing an eyewitness shortly after a news event.

It's unfortunate that this man was in this position. I can't imagine the feelings that he must of had to manage while trying to decide the best course of action to protect his life.

At the same time, I feel sorry for him because he is already becoming part of the "Fox News effect" with his statements. There is very little context given as to what position he was in, how much danger he was in and how a firearm may have been useful in preventing any/more deaths.

Just some gee wiz for the masses, the extra irony of this post is that when this shooting went down, Fox News's anchor at the time was Shep Smith. For those who haven't watched him, he's far from a right winger and he's pro-gun control. And since he's Fox's chief news anchor, not only did he cover it for his hour but he continued to cover it at least til almost 5pm when I changed channels. You heard that right. Fox's chief news anchor is pro-gun control. He's also managing editor of breaking news there, meaning he has a lot of say over what gets covered and how. Just throwing that out there, you know, for context.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
This reminds me of your Avatar.

Why would anyone want to go after Youtube? Probably someone's ex all fired up.

have you seen all the ads on youtube lately?
it's enough to drive a person bonkers!!

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Or people saw that interview live and know the guy didn't give any other context to his statement that he wished he had a gun. That was all he said about that. He didn't indicate whether he thought he could've done anything, and of course the reporters didn't ask for the context or clarification that you want

Exactly my point. There was no context to what he said, but that has not stopped the video from being spread as a pro-firearm clip.

As long as you're educating us with your baseless assumptions about people's motives, maybe you can figure the most likely explanation why they didn't ask the most obvious question next: "Why do you wish you had a gun?"

I made no assumptions about his motive. We cannot have a decent conversation until you stop making things up.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: introvert

Instead he had to watch helplessly as innocent people were shot. Oh well.

Ok. What does that have to do with what I said?

Irrelevant appeals to emotion have no place in a logical discussion.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Just some gee wiz for the masses, the extra irony of this post is that when this shooting went down, Fox News's anchor at the time was Shep Smith. For those who haven't watched him, he's far from a right winger and he's pro-gun control. And since he's Fox's chief news anchor, not only did he cover it for his hour but he continued to cover it at least til almost 5pm when I changed channels. You heard that right. Fox's chief news anchor is pro-gun control. He's also managing editor of breaking news there, meaning he has a lot of say over what gets covered and how. Just throwing that out there, you know, for context.

Again, irrelevant to my point.

Well, not really.

It does show how you are quickly trying to defend Fox News, when it is not the news outlet that needs to be on the defensive. It is their misinformed viewers that easily fall for the "Fox Effect".

edit on 3-4-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join