It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter at Youtube headquaters

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: introvert

All the Fox News-types needed to hear was "I didn't have a gun, but I wish I did" and the effect is complete. This interview is quickly making it's rounds on the internet and it's serving it's purpose as a heaping helping of red meat for the uninformed/misinformed.

Instead he had to watch helplessly as innocent people were shot. Oh well.

Ok. What does that have to do with what I said?

Irrelevant appeals to emotion have no place in a logical discussion.

Logic dictates that the best chance a person has at stopping a murderous shooter is to shoot them.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

a reply to: face23785

Or people saw that interview live and know the guy didn't give any other context to his statement that he wished he had a gun. That was all he said about that. He didn't indicate whether he thought he could've done anything, and of course the reporters didn't ask for the context or clarification that you want

Exactly my point. There was no context to what he said, but that has not stopped the video from being spread as a pro-firearm clip.

As long as you're educating us with your baseless assumptions about people's motives, maybe you can figure the most likely explanation why they didn't ask the most obvious question next: "Why do you wish you had a gun?"

I made no assumptions about his motive. We cannot have a decent conversation until you stop making things up.

I'm sure you think he wished he had a gun because he had some papers he needed to weight down and make sure didn't get knocked over in the commotion. And I wasn't referring to his motives, I was referring to the motives of the people you're saying are using this clip.

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: RomeByFire

He didn't have a gun, but he wishes he did:

Just taking a wild guess you won't be seeing this clip played on CNN much.

"The mainstream media is bought and paid for except for FOX, they're real news!"

I didn't even notice the outlet. It's a live interview. You get to hear exactly what he said. Remember who you think is real news when no other outlet plays that interview though.

So when disclosure project airs interviews with people who claim to have been in underground wars with Reptilians, and no other outlets cover it, that should make me think that disclosure project is on to something?

I'm just quoting this so people can see what you honestly think is even remotely comparable to a local news station being carried by a major network interviewing an eyewitness shortly after a news event.

I feel embarrassed for you.

It's unfortunate that this man was in this position. I can't imagine the feelings that he must of had to manage while trying to decide the best course of action to protect his life.

At the same time, I feel sorry for him because he is already becoming part of the "Fox News effect" with his statements. There is very little context given as to what position he was in, how much danger he was in and how a firearm may have been useful in preventing any/more deaths.

All the Fox News-types needed to hear was "I didn't have a gun, but I wish I did" and the effect is complete. This interview is quickly making it's rounds on the internet and it's serving it's purpose as a heaping helping of red meat for the uninformed/misinformed.

Just some gee wiz for the masses, the extra irony of this post is that when this shooting went down, Fox News's anchor at the time was Shep Smith. For those who haven't watched him, he's far from a right winger and he's pro-gun control. And since he's Fox's chief news anchor, not only did he cover it for his hour but he continued to cover it at least til almost 5pm when I changed channels. You heard that right. Fox's chief news anchor is pro-gun control. He's also managing editor of breaking news there, meaning he has a lot of say over what gets covered and how. Just throwing that out there, you know, for context.

Again, irrelevant to my point.

Well, not really.

It does show how you are quickly trying to defend Fox News, when it is not the news outlet that needs to be on the defensive. It is their misinformed viewers that easily fall for the "Fox Effect".

I was just pointing out the fact that the "Fox Effect" in this case was Fox News viewers getting at least 2 hours of coverage of that shooting from an anchor that's in favor of gun control. If you want to call them misinformed for having listened to that, I'll let someone else take that up with you.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

I'm going to go with "liars, attention whores and lowkey anarchists with nothing to offer the world and a metric F-ton of internet-equipped free-dumb of speech" for $500, Bink.

Just like the guy they interviewed at the beginning who claims he saw a woman killed in front of him (who was shot 10 times).

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

LOL then what are you embarrassed for ?

Fox news spin?

just trying to clarify.

For the record not a Trump fan here either,don't want him to fail either however, but just a normal American hoping our candidates for President have hit rock bottom on both sides and maybe just maybe we can get a person of character and leadership to quit polarizing the electorate and bring a good sized majority together. Have no illusions that there will always be fringe extremes on both left and right. Might be because in my lifetime most of the Presidents were severely lacking from Johnson on down. Do believe its a rigged system and its very difficult to get get solid candidates. Too much deal making, lobbying and vitriol and in this age its getting worse.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

In Alabama it’s easier to buy a gun to go fix your frustrations with the world than to buy some grass, get high, chill out.

In Alabama, we don't work out frustrations with guns - we use them for what they were intended for: food and self-protection. We're trying to make both legal. Freedom... it's what we serve for dinner.

In the meantime, why is someone in the UK so worried about Alabama? Still upset about that war, maybe?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I've been out of pocket all day and just saw this on ATS... someone want to give me the Readers Digest version of what happened? 23 pages...

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Didn’t the shooter read the sign “No Guns”!

This comment is ok

But....

Pretty sure if I started pointing out that Again in America the gun remains the common element in theses horrible shootings I would be called out for it. Probably told it’s “knee jerk”or that “now is not the time”, might even just have it removed as being “off topic”.

Meh let’s give this a shot.....

When are you lot going to do something about your stupid gun laws to stop this happenening the second amendment needs ripped up in the names of all those who have died in its name.

Wake up!

Your powers of deduction are nothing short of incredible. Had you not told us that a gun was the common element in shootings I would never have guessed it. Thanks!

Yes you are right, guns are involved in shootings. Just like knives are involved in stabbings, water is involved in drownings, electricity is involved in electrocutions and pencils are involved in bad grammar.

blaming the tool for the intentional crimes of the person handling the tool is ridiculous.
edit on 3-4-2018 by bronco73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

From my gathering 3 wounded 1 dead (female shooter, self inflicted) domestic dispute of some sort, presumeably 1 of the injured her significant other.

Last related link seems to be xXAnarchistXx bottom of page 13 www.buzzfeed.com...
edit on 4/3/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

Instead he had to watch helplessly as innocent people were shot. Oh well.

Ok. What does that have to do with what I said?

Irrelevant appeals to emotion have no place in a logical discussion.

Logic dictates that the best chance a person has at stopping a murderous shooter is to shoot them.

Well that is why they dial 911 and hope the good guys with guns save them.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Domestic, eh? At least no one else died. Now, let me guess... the usual suspects are screaming the usual song about gun control without knowing what they are talking about as usual, right?

I was initially worried someone else jumped off the deep end over YouTube censorship or something along those lines. I'm glad to hear I was wrong (although any shooting is bad).

Thanks for the update!

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Could it be that it is staged once again, in order to scare the employees of ThemTube (Gooevil) so they will not raise their voice about any censorship going around on the platform, which is a big thing right now?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenisIvanov
Could it be that it is staged once again, in order to scare the employees of ThemTube (Gooevil) so they will not raise their voice about any censorship going around on the platform, which is a big thing right now?

Could it be that we could have one of these threads without someone completely making up an alternative scenario out of thin air when there's nothing whatsoever to indicate that's what happened? And please don't come back with "it's possible!" It's possible my grandmother did it too.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Could it be that we could have one of these threads without someone completely making up an alternative scenario out of thin air when there's nothing whatsoever to indicate that's what happened? And please don't come back with "it's possible!" It's possible my grandmother did it too.

Are you denying these are the employees brought out like prisoners?
pbs.twimg.com...

Or are you denying that ThemTube is censoring like crazy in the last few months?
www.bitchute.com...

Really not looking into this is ignorance...

edit on 3-4-2018 by DenisIvanov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Eh,.. I mean that happened, but if recollection serves me correct there was some gun-free zone I told ya so's, a lil lambasting for lack of empathy. Yuppa suggesting (in jest?) they may have deserved it. NEO and Augustus ribbing each other, Augustus and Shamrock joking around. A few cross the ponds your gunlaws are a joke to reply of speech laws. The ease of getting a gun LEGALLY over marijuana in some places in America.

After the details emerged and everyone realized this gun incident was less deadly than the one in the streets of London the other night the thread basically became a wash. The only thing that emerged after that was some members growing disdain for each other.

Eta- that theory you mention was speculated by other members before the domestic came out.

The initial details described a white woman shooter with a head scarf. Tweets or messages from supposed employees with a description of a man in green with which I believe they were describing tact equipment, shooting which was later deleted and probably just misinformation.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenisIvanov

Are you denying these are the employees brought out like prisoners?
pbs.twimg.com...

Or are you denying that ThemTube is censoring like crazy in the last few months?
www.bitchute.com...

Really not looking into this is ignorance...

It's standard procedure to have people come out with their hands up in a situation like this. The police don't know who's a victim and who's a suspect. If that's all you have you have nothing. And if you didn't know that, you really haven't "looked into" this at all. There's forums on here for fiction, post this crap in there.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You're very observant :p

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Isaac Asimov ...this planet is to over populated ...with nut jobs
...Woof!!

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

In Alabama it’s easier to buy a gun to go fix your frustrations with the world than to buy some grass, get high, chill out.

In Alabama, we don't work out frustrations with guns - we use them for what they were intended for: food and self-protection. We're trying to make both legal. Freedom... it's what we serve for dinner.

In the meantime, why is someone in the UK so worried about Alabama? Still upset about that war, maybe?

TheRedneck

Damn great post must be a southern thing, cause I'm the same way....hell most people don't even know their next door neighbor any more much less whats going on in a foreign state 4 thousand MILES away. Not to mention any news/info you get from the media about said far off community is slanted towards one particular way or another. ie You don't know me ...

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I read this whole thread, thinking the BS would stop on the next page..

I wanted to know more on those tweets about a guy in a vest..

I'm sorry, but this thread does not do the subject justice. This thread blows.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
I read this whole thread, thinking the BS would stop on the next page..

I wanted to know more on those tweets about a guy in a vest..

I'm sorry, but this thread does not do the subject justice. This thread blows.

Hunt down some more, if you can find it, and improve the thread? The most likely explanation has been posted already: a witness, scared out their mind, probably misidentified someone. I realize that's not as exciting as the "every mass shooting is a false flag with 2 shooters but they always only set up one patzy even though they're careless as # and the 2nd shooter always gets seen" angle but what can ya do?

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join