It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Can i please get a quick rundown of what was said in the press conference? Did they at least reveal a name and the motivation?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Heartbreaking. Has anyone even heard what happened to the helo?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Donald Trump issued a statement about the two killed in the helicopter crash and gave no mention of the woman who lost her life in this attack. Noted.

ETA: He issued a separate statement, after the statement about police, with condolences for the woman.

edit on 12-8-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: DBCowboy

I didn't see him swarmed. It could be a severe low iq or mental disorder/intoxication?

No beeping?

No sane person does what he did.

But that's not an excuse either.

Now I don't know all the facts.

But if he did do it, and did it deliberately, then he deserves a slug to the back of the head.

There's no redemption from an act like this.

link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: face23785

It's more that half the country was OK with it. When white nationalists, white supremacists and neo-nazi's started aligning with Trump people still voted for him.

Sure, you can't and shouldn't blame Trump for them and their support but you should really stop and think what is it about Trump that drew those groups towards him and is that something that you align yourself with.

That's just a small snippet on the reasoning behind that train of thought, don't take it too seriously. This thread is no place for reasoned discussion.

That is precisely the type of ignorant person I'm talking about. Half the nation isn't "OK with white supremacism". There were scum who aligned with Hillary too. There's scum that align with every candidate. Let's just not elect anyone I suppose, we can have anarchy. Nobody should have to change their vote because some unsavory assholes are also voting for the same person for ridiculous reasons. If you believe this drivel, you are part of the problem. If you're just conveying how those ignorant people think, I encourage you to try to educate them.
edit on 12 8 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Not that I have seen, yet. Horrible events today.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

When white nationalists, white supremacists and neo-nazi's started aligning with Trump people still voted for him.

Some loudmouth douchebags like Trump. That doesn't miraculously make Clinton a good candidate.

It's more that half the country was OK with it.

Trump didn't even win the popular vote.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Can i please get a quick rundown of what was said in the press conference? Did they at least reveal a name and the motivation?

No they didn't, everyone is still running off assumptions.

link   
Just read the guys name in the car is allegedly James Fields Jr.

everipedia.org...

link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: TheOneElectric
Message to the Nazis, you have no place in America.

But we will allow your permits to go through.

Correction: we'll do it after the ACLU and other groups take us to court and the court rules we have to.

Fixed it for you. Again.

As it should be. The Constitution doesn't define scum nor does it decline their rights.

I can agree this far, but the problem has become this:

We now have these counter groups, and they think it's a fine and dandy idea to show up and try to intimidate the scum (or anyone they perceive as scum) into not holding their rally.

That's when and where the problem starts.

Wouldn't it work out better for all involved if people just let the rally happen and then all the people at it just went home?

If these counter groups want to have their own rallies, great! Just do it on another day. Let's not pretend there's any "dialogue" taking place today. It's about about a giant pissing contest, and in mother nature, we all know what happens when two animals who are measuring off can't intimidate the other into backing down ... they end up fighting.

This isn't about sizing each other up. That's not speech.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Depends on who you ask.

I saw it and Trump was sincere, brief and to the point in condemning everyone and all the violence.

Now if you ask some of our residential leftists, Trump said, "Hail Hydra" and punched a puppy.

So flip a coin.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

No they didn't, everyone is still running off assumptions.

Thanks for the reply.
Well that's a little bit odd isnt it?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Depends on who you ask.

I saw it and Trump was sincere, brief and to the point in condemning everyone and all the violence.

Now if you ask some of our residential leftists, Trump said, "Hail Hydra" and punched a puppy.

So flip a coin.

I saw the same and you know I hate the guy.

He acted like a leader today.

Eta part of it is I was a carpenter for years and learned to distrust real estate agents.
edit on 12-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not talking about Antifa, as they didn't kill anyone today. Stay on topic.

Gotcha, so ANTIFA can riot all they want and that makes them American?

Oh, hey, what about BLM? They've been connected to several cop shootings. Are they American?

I am not trying to pick on you but wow, you are laying down whoppers today. What sites have you been wallowing around in?

link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

To answer the first part of your question they didn't really give any new info beyond what's already been reported, car ran into pedestrians, 1 killed, weren't releasing her name because next of kin weren't ID'd yet. Told the white supremacists to go home, they're not wanted. They didn't take any questions, just made a few boiler plate statements and walked out.

link   

From the other thread. . . .

originally posted by: Diabolical1972
Apparently this is the guy Hefficide.

James Alex Fields Jr.

everipedia.org...

If this is the guy, how times have changed, when I was 20 on a day like today, I'd been at the lake,drinking beer and trying to get laid, any kind of rally would have been the absolute last thing on my mind. Damn sure wouldn't be going to a political rally a block away much less a drive from Ohio. Now he killed some innocent bystander because he freaked out. What a waste for nothing....

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I saw that, and concur.

Trump said, "Hail Hydra" and punched a puppy.

I saw that, also. Must've been watching a different YT feed. Didn't think it negated the statement, though.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Depends on who you ask.

So flip a coin.

Thanks DB but i meant the press conference from the VA police sorry i forgot to clarify that.

Hydra are actually the good guys now but i guess that will be rectified one way or another.

Trump just can't win with these guys.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I'm still saying that's a heck of a freak out.

I don't even see how.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not talking about Antifa, as they didn't kill anyone today. Stay on topic.

Gotcha, so ANTIFA can riot all they want and that makes them American?

Oh, hey, what about BLM? They've been connected to several cop shootings. Are they American?

I am not trying to pick on you but wow, you are laying down whoppers today. What sites have you been wallowing around in?

How quickly we forget ...

www.ibtimes.com...

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join