It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Was the driver confirmed as a Nazi?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Shamrock6

He says Nazis aren't welcome. BLM and ANTIFA have used tactics like this group. Then he says, they didn't kill anyone. BLM has been linked to several incidents.

Are they not welcome in America?

He said Nazis aren't welcome.

Which you then pivoted into somehow trying to pretend he also said BLM and Antifa are welcome and American.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh I guess I reported to an off topic post I am sorry.

I have seen you try and justify this guy as just being a poor scared victim.

Actually, no.

I think you mistake me for someone else. I did say that there might have been another reason for him to run folks down and cited an incident where a women with a psychiatric episode did something similar in Stillwater, OK.

That was before it was announced he did it on purpose. I also admitted in the same posts, it was likely given the atmosphere that it was an intentional attack.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

ANITFA are nazis pretending based on their name that they aren't.

I didn't pretend anything. I asked him if he thought they were.
edit on 12-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
it looks like the two cars he plowed into didn't have any problems getting through the crowd, it looked as though they were stopped at a stop sign and then pushed into the intersection...
and the driver didn't seem like he was having any problem going down the street when he decided to speed up..

and, to be frank...
I seem to remember watching a video of people carrying torches going through the streets last night... a rather big crowd at that!!

edit on 12-8-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Two killed in Virginia State Police helicopter crash. No confirmation that this helicopter was involved in police activities in Charlottesville.

Link
edit on 12-8-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Well I owe you an apology then.

I thought you said he may have been scared and mixed up the off topic post that wasn't related to this incident.
I mean I go off topic all the time it isn't a dig I just didn't follow your point of that post I guess.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

No, the car thing is only terrorism if the driver is white, not if he shouts Allah Snackbar.

Stop being absurd, none of us here deny Islamic terrorism... nor do we try to shift them to other groups in order to deny they have bad guys like some people are trying to do with this guy.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric

Clearly, I didn't say that. Clearly, I am talking about Nazis who killed Americans today. Clearly, we're not on the same page.

Don't label everyone else that was there. One person appears to have committed murder, and you don't yet know his ideology. Don't start pluralizing anything.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

No some here do deny Islamic terrorism and try and defend it all the time.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

My only point was to ask you what you would do as a driver if you got caught up in a pack of angry protesters who were maybe throwing rocks at your windows and/or rocking your car? Maybe you have small kids in there with you scared out of their minds.

What are you supposed to do about it? If you inch forward and accidentally bump someone who won't get out of your way, they can claim you hit them on purpose and sue you. Your life becomes a living hell, at the same time ... how can you bear to stay where you are now?

That's the situations those laws are designed to help with.

But really, what would you do?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

Two killed in Virginia State Police helicopter crash. No confirmation that this helicopter was involved in police activities in Charlottesville.

Link

Jeezus...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

And? This is clearly in response to the Antifa presence because they are violent by default. Please quit playing dumb it doesn't suit you. Btw i support free speech but only if it is peaceful. The rally last night was peaceful and people flipped their # anyway. I witnessed my fair share of Nazi violence so i know what i'm talking about. Granted the friendship didn't last long but i can guarantee you the people you posted are not even real Nazi's. Real Nazi's would've killed some of the Antifas members without any hesitation. The Alt-Right(i hate this term) are a bunch of LARPers and nothing more. Nobody is supposed to take them seriously.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Aren't there already laws in place to protect someone acting in self defense in a life threatening situation like that?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Well generally I would know if neo nazis were holding a planned rally and I wouldn't go down town. I don't go into town during some festivals even if I am not attending. That is step one.

Step two when you see massive crowds take another route. Chances are this person was sitting in traffic for some time. Maybe it was road rage.

Step 3 if you do end up maybe in a foreign country and this guy is in a rental you move slow and steady while beeping the horn. Did you hear a horn?

4 you call 911

5 if you do panic and kill someone you pull into the police station.
edit on 12-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   

This is a sick sort of Christmas. They're getting all their wishes fulfilled. They just knew it! And now some idiot in a car gave them all the reason they need to let the hatred flow.

It's like lancing a boil.

It's why I've been afraid every time some event like this happens. Sooner or later, I knew they were going to have their excuse provided.

WTF thread are you reading where this is happening?

link   

Ahhh okay, so you're only asking because he referenced one group but not the litany of others.

Mmmkay.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

When I "LARP' I usually go as Harley Quinn.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: carewemust
it looks like the two cars he plowed into didn't have any problems getting through the crowd, it looked as though they were stopped at a stop sign and then pushed into the intersection...
and the driver didn't seem like he was having any problem going down the street when he decided to speed up..

and, to be frank...
I seem to remember watching a video of people carrying torches going through the streets last night... a rather big crowd at that!!

Thank you for the response. If that is an accurate depiction than it was probably intentional. But we don't know if it was caused by fear or hate.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

No, the car thing is only terrorism if the driver is white, not if he shouts Allah Snackbar.

Stop being absurd, none of us here deny Islamic terrorism... nor do we try to shift them to other groups in order to deny they have bad guys like some people are trying to do with this guy.

Hardly - the usual effort in relation to radical islamic terror is to separate out the individual and condemn anyone who tries to lump that individual in with a whole group.
Regardless, just like radical islamists, white supremacists are scum. Neither group actually needs a terrorist incident for us to understand that.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join