It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
CNN - Charlottesville Rally

I don't post often but was surprised to see nothing on this. If I missed it in my search, apologies. Charlottesville VA, my hometown, is unfortunately host city today 08/12/17 to a white supremacist rally today. Charlottesville is incredibly liberal, with around an 80% vote for Hillary during the election, but is drawing the crowd due largely to all the Confederate symbols throughout the area. It is expected to be the largest gathering of its kind in quite some time. They recently had a KKK rally as well that caused quite a bit of protest and tension, and it was nothing close to this scale. Still having friends in the area I am quite concerned to see how this goes down. Very close to the UVA campus.

+47 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
What makes it a White Supremacist rally?
Because it's the political right?

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Identity Evropa being a big part of organizing it is definitely a good starting point for that assessment. Is linking to wikipedia acceptable for a summary on them for anyone not familiar? Lot of known neo-nazi groups supporting as well.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It´s even a thing here in Germany, read that report right now:
Rassisten-Aufmarsch versetzt Unistadt in Aufruhr

I think it`s a good thing that such nazi rallies are reported outside of the former allegedly united states too.
So the whole world can see those Trump supporters live, can see how parts of the former USA, their citizen, think and act.

More reasons to create a sufficient distance bewteen the former USA and it´s alleged "friends and partners" from europe(or better, the sane world)!

I feel really bad for the majority of sane former US citizens, that nobody in the world speaks about anymore, since Trump and his puppetmasters are in power.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Would you say the statues should have been removed, or should have stayed?

I remember those statues, I walked by them hundreds of times on the way to work.

You can read into a statue of figures like Lee or Jackson the status of symbols, but it is a bit cartoonish. They are simply historic figures.

I think statues honoring MLK sort of fall into the same category. You can argue he is a symbol, or merely a historical figure. He is widely believed to have been a serial rapist / sexual abuser. Very few historical figures are without darker sides.

I guess my own opinion is that our culture shouldn't be honoring these people in the central public spaces, because it sort of elevates them to the status of deity-hood. It wold be better to worship ideals than people.

So I think we either take all these statues (the General Jacksons, the JFKs, the MLKS, etc) and we sort of put them to the side, and move them to less prominent positions... OR, we just go on and recognize them as MERE public figures, not central public figures we shape our society around.

But it doesn't really make much sense to say... These are the good people statues, and these are the bad people statues. It is sort of a simplistic worldview, that is very shortsighted. It is the same drive that leads the people across Iraq and Syria to destroy Mesopotamian history, because they have a different skygod.
edit on 12-8-2017 by joeraynor because: (no reason given)

+48 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: skyturnedgrey

SO some racists show up to protest destroying history.

This will spur normally good people to destroy history only because it is in opposition to what the racists want.

In the end, history will be erased by well-intentioned people who only want to combat racism.

People are so ####ing stupid.

+47 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Ah yes we should really ban them from organizing because they didn't loot and rioted like the peaceful Antifa crowd or the always welcomed BLM group. This right there is why people are fed up with the old system. The double standards are mind blowing. Free speech is for everyone and as long they didn't hurt anyone i'm perfectly fine with their march. Now let's wait for the thought police to rip me to shreds because i'm a really bad Nazi for supporting them. Well i don't give a #. I'm no longer PC and holy # it feels amazing.

The social media warriors are already up in arms and calls them all virgins because that's the only thing they could come up with. Well i'm still a virgin and why is losing your virginity such a big deal in the first place? Bunch of morons. It's just sex and not the holy grail we all have to strive for.

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Maybe it's the cries of "Jews will not replace us!".

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Wikipedia is fine if you want to allow the ADL and SPLC define who are "hate groups" and who are not.

Not like the Israeli lobby doesn't have our government by the balls or anything.

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Funny the left squawks about this, when Black Lives matter holds rallies excluding whites.

+51 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Fake news. Their rallying cry was "You will not replace us". You fell for propaganda again. How many times do you have to be proven wrong to realize that the MSM is just a bunch of liars who distribute disinformation to keep you all docile?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Funny the left squawks about this, when Black Lives matter holds rallies excluding whites.

So, two wrongs make a right?

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Fake news. Their rallying cry was "You will not replace us". You fell for propaganda again. How many times do you have to be proven wrong to realize that the MSM is just a bunch of liars who distribute disinformation to keep you all docile?

Prove it.

edit on 12-8-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well the right wing has found groups of idiots to match the idiotic left protest.

All is right in the world.

Maybe we should give the far left and right a battlefield where they can reiact the civil war.

That way the majority of Americans can avoid having to deal with isanity on a regular basis. If any were to survive their battlefield we would need to make sure they are at least sterilized.

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Prove it.

You didn't even bothered to check if the MSM reported the truth and just rolled with it.

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

That is the usual saying of hypocrites.

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I prefer peaceful protests over riots and hurting innocent civilians. Yeah i'm such a monster. Seriously that's all you can come up with?

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

That is the usual saying of hypocrites.

Hypocrites? LOL

So, racist demonstrations are justified because other groups have held racist demonstrations?

Yeah, no.

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Last I checked, VA is located in my America and free speech was still alive and well. If you don’t care for what you’re hearing, be an adult and change the channel. So tired of the Left thinking they’re the only ones entitled to free speech and then can’t even do it without destroying property/assaulting others.

Here is an idea! Why don’t we wait until the rally actually happens, is over, and then grade it against ANTIFA and the rest of the left’s “rallies”? Maybe then folks could make an informed observation?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Sad little people will do everything they can to support the right for hate-mongers to march and exist, and honestly I can't entirely disagree - free speech being what it is. But to deny a rally held by kkk members and neonazis groups being what it is, you've at best lost the plot, and more than likely gone entirely mad.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join