It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Not at just you luthier, But, just let these scum eliminate eachother. See this is how humanity gets rid of the less advanced souls then te adults can talk it out
edit on 12-8-2017 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
LOL@ "White nationalism is just nationalism that is white."

What an incredibly clueless statement!

We have to resolve ourselves, as a people, to set our minds, hearts and bodies against ANYONE who would use violence and terrorism on our own soil against other AMERICANS.

There is a decades old history of the domestic terrorism associated with the White Nationalist movement. This is established fact.

Whatever is encouraging them (or ANTIFA or any other terrorists) to crawl out of their holes needs to be stopped.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

As long as someone needs to feel better, I was merely pointing out that nationalism isn't an inherently racist concept like some people seem to think it is. Didn't mean to twist so many panties. I'm not even a nationalist for Christ's sake, I just know what the word means.
edit on 12 8 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: TheOneElectric
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not talking about Antifa, as they didn't kill anyone today. Stay on topic.

Gotcha, so ANTIFA can riot all they want and that makes them American?

Oh, hey, what about BLM? They've been connected to several cop shootings. Are they American?

I am not trying to pick on you but wow, you are laying down whoppers today. What sites have you been wallowing around in?

How quickly we forget ...

www.ibtimes.com...

That's one and the guy wasn't actually part of BLM... nor sane.

And we know this guy absolutely was a white supremacist and was sane?

I don't think we know either of those things yet.

As the left is fond of saying when one of these things goes down ... no one who does this could be sane.

But the point is that he used a BLM rally to kill white folks in solidarity with BLM.

You should read my first post in the thread:

Any group is capable of having terrorists, murderers, rapists, molesters, cults, violent people... why do white Conservatives auto-turtle when a white right winger does a bad thing? We (lefties and libtards) know this person doesn't represent white Conservatives or right wingers in general.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Just because you don't understand what I was saying doesn't mean it was clueless. Quit projecting.

link   
a reply to: face23785

Nationalism doesn't have to be a racist concept. White nationalism is a racist concept. White nationalists want to perserve the white race as a majority. White supremacy is a subgroup.

link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: Shamrock6

As long as someone needs to feel better, I was merely pointing out that nationalism isn't an inherently racist concept like some people seem to think it is. Didn't mean to twist so many panties. I'm not even a nationalist for Christ's sake, I just know what the word means.

No s#, Sherlock, it branches out from it's nationalism core into various splinter ideologies like a fractal. And you're arguing about it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

My first post was to let them reenact the civil war somewhere and the rest of us can have a talk.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Video from near the helicopter crash.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: luthier

Sony don't worry about the historic dangers of nationalism when it gets extreme and used for propaganda or do you?

I guess I shouldn't speak for you.

Every ideology has dangerous extremes in its history.

And do you see any comparison to Nazi Germany as to what is happening in America today. It started slow in Germany too.

If you think anything like what happened in Nazi Germany is beginning here, I've got a bridge to sell you.

You don't see any similarities? Look closely....and listen to their chants.

edit on 12-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

What????

Dude, try and follow me here.

The groups out there today who refer to themselves as "Nationalists" are all members of "White Nationalist" groups. That isn't a coincidence. Do you know of any other "Nationalist" Groups being represented there today??

This was a "White Nationalist" Rally Named "Unite the Right".

Nationalist doesn't have to mean White Nationalist. But that's what this rally was about. There is no question there.

link   

The media, as usual, is making a bad situation worse by lumping in nationalists with white supremacists. Nationalists can be any race, white supremacists are a whole other animal. The media is using "white nationalists" and "white supremacists" interchangeably, mostly out of ignorance I think. I don't think most of them are informed enough to be talking about this.

A lot of the ambiguity has to do with the fact that groups identifying themselves in different ways are in fact, fellow travelers. You're leaving out "white nationalists" btw, which isn't actually the same as nationalist either.

Your premise is off because these groups are linked. In fact, that's kinda the point of the rally today.

You'd need a diagram to try to explain the differences but there's no bright line distinction, they all bleed into one another on a spectrum from Gavin McInnes's "Proud Boys" all the way to the Hammerskins. To your point about "can be any race," — yes — that is particularly true on the "Proud Boy" end of the spectrum. It's almost reminiscent of CRT in that what they have done is in some ways disconnected "whiteness" from genetics. Basically, you can be black or brown and be a "Western Chauvinist" as long as you openly declare the superiority of culture invented by white people.

The fact remains though that they're showing up at the same rallies. They countering the same protests. The ostensibly not-white-supremacists are showing up with their helmets, googles, masks, shields and sticks and lining up right beside the more extreme, undeniable members of white supremacist and in some instances, neo-Nazi groups.

So, I don't think it's really the fault of reporters that they have trouble making these distinctions.

link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

That was cringe worthy at best. They don't even got the Nazi salute right and what's up with the Hail victory bull#? Either you use the german words and get it right or you are just a larping moron who has no idea what Hitler and the Nazis stood for. Well i'm glad they are this clueless because that means they are mostly harmless. If they keep this up they are going to piss off the real Nazis.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Neat. White Nationalists are racists. No amount of reinterpretation on your part changes that.

Yes, you can be a white person that is a nationalist. That's called being patriotic. You can also be brown, yellow, albino, or burnt sienna and be patriotic.

And that doesn't mean that white nationalists aren't a "thing," and it doesn't mean that their "thing" isn't racist. The term wasn't made up to make white people who are patriotic look bad.

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Nationalism doesn't have to be a racist concept. White nationalism is a racist concept. White nationalists want to perserve the white race as a majority. White supremacy is a subgroup.

And the groups who are being labeled "white nationalists" and "white supremacists" in here have members who are persons of color. They are just nationalists, but because many of them are white they're associated with white supremacy and all of these terms are used interchangeably. That's not to say there weren't any true white supremacists there, there definitely were, but the over generalization is a bigtime problem. Some of the folks in here being unable to recognize the distinction doesn't mean I'm a problem.

link   
Well you know wht they say about great minds

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: darepairman

My first post was to let them reenact the civil war somewhere and the rest of us can have a talk. [/quot
a

link   

Just because you don't understand what I was saying doesn't mean it was clueless. Quit projecting.

Understood it? You're not even arguing from the dictionary ... you're arguing that a known network of terrorist groups in this country that have been investigated and tracked for DECADES are just a bunch of White folks who love their Nation. White. Nationalists.

Give us all a break. Learn something yourself before you try to teach someone else.
edit on 12-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Understood it? You're not even arguing from the dictionary ... you're arguing that a known network of terrorist groups in this country that have been investigated and tracked for DECADES are just a bunch of White folks who love their Nation. White. Nationalists.

Give us all a break. Learn something yourself before you try to teach someone else.

I actually linked to a dictionary but some people here want to make # up. that's fine though. I'm not arguing anything you just said. Lies are fine though, if that's what you need to do so you can sleep tonight.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Correct. They are just nationalists. If they don't care about races they wouldn't have called themselves white nationalists.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Eisenhower, Kennedy, Nixon, Carter, even Bush would have condemned the hate racist march, but Trump has fallen short, as usual.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join