It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

They didn't kill anyone. So...

So they get excused for all their violence because they didn't kill someone today.

Eric Clanton could've killed someone with a bikelock but i guess we just ignore him as well.

Again our focus is the white supremacist who ran down people in a moving vehicle. Not people throwing bottles and rocks.

We still don't know that yet.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Btw we still don't know squat about the perpetrator and his motives. All we have to go on right now is pure speculation. What happened to waiting for some official confirmation before grabbing torches and pitchforks prematurely?

The driver did drive into counter-protestors.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Who do we blame, do we blame the Neos or do we blame the counter protesters for interrupting?

link   

So they get excused for all their violence because they didn't kill someone today.

No. But the fact your focus is on them and not the white supremacist murder is fascinating.

I'm actually able to focus on two things at the same time.

It's my super power, smartass.

link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: face23785

It's ignorant to point out you're arguing out both sides of your mouth? You talked yourself in a circle, don't blame me.

How did he do that? What you were doing was like the equivalent of trying to say all pork meat (nationalist group types) is the same because it's origin is the same animal (nationalism) Come on man, American bacon and Canadian bacon aren't the same kind of bacon.

This wasn't what I was doing at all. I really wish people would stop making stuff up.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Who do we blame, do we blame the Neos or do we blame the counter protesters for interrupting?

Does the person behind the wheel not suffice enough?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

Again our focus is the white supremacist who ran down people in a moving vehicle.

I can't keep up... I thought the driver still hasn't been confirmed.

So who was the person driving and what's the proof he was a supremacist?

The fact that he lined up the street. Hit the gas and plowed into the very people trying to stop the white supremacists. If you'd watch the video, it was a gathering of antifas anti nazis and neutrals. the police calling it a coordinated attack.

Or does that not fit your perception?
edit on 12-8-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

It's not about blame, it's about political violence.

We sort it out, we do our best to discover who did what, we try the accused and punish the guilty.

ETA: What we pointedly DON'T DO is continue with the stupid BS left/right/center/sideways BS.

Not now.

edit on 12-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

link   
Driver in custody.
abcnews.go.com...

No name. No face.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

No. But the fact your focus is on them and not the white supremacist murder is fascinating.

Ahhhh I love you so much. Touché touché. I believe you. But others I'm not so sure about. Seems to be a lot of shifting the focus from the pro trump crowd today.

link   

Oh hey look another person that's capable of paying attention to more than one thing at a time.

Haven't seen you at our meetings before. Did Augie not give you the flyer? Dammit, I bet he got distracted by your cabbage stand.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Kali74

If you all know that, then why are there so many of you who argue as if this will justify every terrible thing you want to think about anything any of us will ever say?

And don't act like there aren't plenty of people who are doing just that.

It wouldn't be an act. Who is making the argument that this guy represents the entire Right? The one blanket thing I will say... is that you guys are so goddamn programmed to be victims you need disclaimers for everything. It sure seems that way often enough anyway. Good Lord.

I know that there definitely are Lib/Lefties who will blanket label but typically we damn near cannibalize ourselves to avoid doing that. And here in our tiny ATS universe, the few of us Leftie/Libs typically do put disclaimers for you guys for the fat good it does...

link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I did not realize just how much hatred there is between Americans. Sadly, this unfortunate event will most likely escalate things even further, and make people hate the other side even more.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Good. Now can we focus on the murder and white supremacists?

link   
a reply to: face23785

"A Pivotal Moment for the Pro-White Movement in America"

Nah, it's got nothing to do with white nationalism. How would anyone get that idea?

Look at the headliners. What would you call Richard Spencer? How about Matthew Heimbach? I'm assuming you won't push back too hard about calling them out for who they are. About Kessler (a "Proud Boy")? He'll post things like this:

Oh, see not a racist! No... not really...

I just can't for the life of me understand why the unfair fake news media keeps referring to this as a white nationalist rally.

It's clearly a white supremacist rally.
edit on 2017-8-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The driver will go down, the question is would it have got to that point if the anti protesters let the Neos have their little protest?

link   

originally posted by: Noncents

Again our focus is the white supremacist who ran down people in a moving vehicle.

I can't keep up... I thought the driver still hasn't been confirmed.

So who was the person driving and what's the proof he was a supremacist?

The fact that he line up the street. Hit the gas and plowed into the very people trying to stop the white supremacists. If you'd watch the video, it was a gathering of antifas anti nazis and neutrals. the police calling it a coordinated attack.

Last year there was about 4 hours of news coverage from every network about an "OSU shooting" that everyone assumed was a gunman on a rampage and it turned out it was a guy with a car and a knife that got shot by campus police. So yeah maybe we should wait for some facts. The police are treating it as an intentional homicide, that's all we know.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

So you don't know who the driver is or what camp he was in and you're just projecting based on situational evidence?

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Btw we still don't know squat about the perpetrator and his motives. All we have to go on right now is pure speculation. What happened to waiting for some official confirmation before grabbing torches and pitchforks prematurely?

The driver did drive into counter-protestors.

I know that but what happens if he turns out to be a Hillary or Bernie supporter? All i'm reading is please let him be a white male preferably a full blown Nazi so we can blame the violence that occured on the Alt-Right. Sorry but some members are already foaming at there mouths about that prospect and it sickens me.

link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

It's ignorant to point out you're arguing out both sides of your mouth? You talked yourself in a circle, don't blame me.

How did he do that? What you were doing was like the equivalent of trying to say all pork meat (nationalist group types) is the same because it's origin is the same animal (nationalism) Come on man, American bacon and Canadian bacon aren't the same kind of bacon.

This wasn't what I was doing at all. I really wish people would stop making stuff up.

Hey, I'm all for tossing out there I may have misunderstood you. But you can't sit there and say the nationalist splinter groups don't count because of definitions you don't like. You're effectively arguing them to be both the same as and different from stock nationalism at the same time. Same animal, drastically different cut of meat. Not all cuts are equal.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join