It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: DBCowboy

They didn't kill anyone. So...

So they get excused for all their violence because they didn't kill someone today.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Willtell
Eisenhower, Kennedy, Nixon, Carter, even Bush would have condemned the hate racist march, but Trump has fallen short, as usual.

Except even CNN knows this is a lie.

Your own link counters what you are saying.

The President did not mention white nationalists and the alt-right movement in his remarks

When somebody gets raped, you don't wag your finger at the rapist and victim, saying "alright, kids, we all need to settle down here".

So there were no white supremacists there? Because he condemned all the violence. That includes them. Just like Deaf Alien, I'm well aware you're not this stupid. Stop making a fool of yourself. He condemned the violence, you know this, stop trying to twist things.

Now, now, calm down, you're just a little overly-excited is all.

^^ What I just did to a simple emotion-based reaction? That's called "minimalizing", by the way. What do you think sidestepping a root source for violence is called?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So they get excused for all their violence because they didn't kill someone today.

Nope. You focus on the lesser violence, ignoring the murder that took place.

link   

No. But the fact your focus is on them and not the white supremacist murder is fascinating.

link   
a reply to: Abysha

I do, that's just not what he did. Stop being dishonest. All the wolf crying is really damaging your credibility, when he actually does something screwed up nobody is gonna believe you guys.

link   

So antifa is innocent and didn't cause any violence today?

Antifa didn't run over several people and murder a woman.

I didn't say that.

Was antifa responsible for some of the violence today?

Are you implying that Trump was ignoring the murder and was just addressing the overall clashing of the two groups? Because that's even worse, if you think about it.

link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien
Jinx

Maybe db can take a breath and look at our point of view on this

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

So antifa is innocent and didn't cause any violence today?

Antifa didn't run over several people and murder a woman.

We don't know who did yet, or why. There are conflicting stories, I'll wait until actual facts come out before I make my judgement. But the fact is Antifa was just as responsible for the violence today as the white supremacists, aside from the car incident.

link   
a reply to: face23785

LOL. I don't think you realize just how ignorant your post sounds.

It's a waste of time to interact with you. Best.

link   

Eric Clanton could've killed someone with a bikelock but i guess we just ignore him as well.

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: face23785

Nationalism doesn't have to be a racist concept. White nationalism is a racist concept. White nationalists want to perserve the white race as a majority. White supremacy is a subgroup.

And the groups who are being labeled "white nationalists" and "white supremacists" in here have members who are persons of color. They are just nationalists, but because many of them are white they're associated with white supremacy and all of these terms are used interchangeably. That's not to say there weren't any true white supremacists there, there definitely were, but the over generalization is a bigtime problem. Some of the folks in here being unable to recognize the distinction doesn't mean I'm a problem.

Generalization is key to the problems we are looking at as a nation. We have to stop doing it, we can't have honest conversations if we don't and if we can't have honest conversations, we can't start healing. It's why I'm so adamantly against hyperbole and straw men.

link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien
Jinx

Maybe db can take a breath and look at our point of view on this

Lol.

This is how today's s- storm started.
edit on 12-8-2017 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Eric Clanton could've killed someone with a bikelock but i guess we just ignore him as well.

Again our focus is the white supremacist who ran down people in a moving vehicle. Not people throwing bottles and rocks.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's ignorant to point out you're arguing out both sides of your mouth? You talked yourself in a circle, don't blame me.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Who ignored him?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Btw we still don't know squat about the perpetrator and his motives. All we have to go on right now is pure speculation. What happened to waiting for some official confirmation before grabbing torches and pitchforks prematurely?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It's so sad to see the same paltry arguments ... "But ANTIFA ... "

"But Hillary ..."

"But Obama ..."

The only things that many here have going for their arguments are red herring, strawman arguments, and other logical fallacies.

WHOEVER did violence today needs to be brought to justice. Period. Who here can't agree with that?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Boy. Dailystormer sure is blowing up Twitter with their "account" of what happened today in Charlottesville.

Attacked by law enforcement with tear gas, pepper spray, and beatings.

Forced into confrontation with "violent communist revolutionary terrorists."

And then go on to call the helo pilots from VSP "idiots" because apparently "anybody can get a 30 minute lesson and not crash into the trees."

Then they sum it all up by talking some more about how their rights were trampled today and how today made them "six million times stronger." Oh, and they also say the guy that drove his car into the crowd "isn't one of our guys."

So to those of you folks way back in the early pages of this thread that were asking "how do we know this is a white supremacist rally?" you may want to check with these fellas. They seem to have a pretty clear idea of why it was.

link   

Again our focus is the white supremacist who ran down people in a moving vehicle.

I can't keep up... I thought the driver still hasn't been confirmed.

So who was the person driving and what's the proof he was a supremacist?

link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

It's ignorant to point out you're arguing out both sides of your mouth? You talked yourself in a circle, don't blame me.

How did he do that? What you were doing was like the equivalent of trying to say all pork meat (nationalist group types) is the same because it's origin is the same animal (nationalism) Come on man, American bacon and Canadian bacon aren't the same kind of bacon.

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join