It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

If you all know that, then why are there so many of you who argue as if this will justify every terrible thing you want to think about anything any of us will ever say?

And don't act like there aren't plenty of people who are doing just that.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Eisenhower, Kennedy, Nixon, Carter, even Bush would have condemned the hate racist march, but Trump has fallen short, as usual.

Except even CNN knows this is a lie.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

From that article:

The President did not mention white nationalists and the alt-right movement in his remarks, and later called for a "study" of the "situation."

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Gryphon66

a reply to: Gryphon66

Just because you don't understand what I was saying doesn't mean it was clueless. Quit projecting.

Understood it? You're not even arguing from the dictionary ... you're arguing that a known network of terrorist groups in this country that have been investigated and tracked for DECADES are just a bunch of White folks who love their Nation. White. Nationalists.

Give us all a break. Learn something yourself before you try to teach someone else.

I actually linked to a dictionary but some people here want to make # up. that's fine though. I'm not arguing anything you just said. Lies are fine though, if that's what you need to do so you can sleep tonight.

I'm not surprised at all that you "linked to a dictionary" ... that's a well-known logical fallacy called an appeal to definition.

Look person ... you're in here claiming that because we don't know that every person at this march/protest/political action/putsch today is a white supremacist (and, frankly that's preposterous, because that's EXACTLY why the meeting was organized) we can't talk about the obvious presence and influence of White Supremacists and White Nationalists.

That, person, is not a lie ... it's just absurd ignorance.
edit on 12-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

From that article:

The President did not mention white nationalists and the alt-right movement in his remarks, and later called for a "study" of the "situation."

He condemned all the violence. By default that includes the white supremacists, or were they not there? You're not that stupid, stop trying to twist things.
edit on 12 8 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Eisenhower, Kennedy, Nixon, Carter, even Bush would have condemned the hate racist march, but Trump has fallen short, as usual.

Your own link counters what you are saying.

The President did not mention white nationalists and the alt-right movement in his remarks

When somebody gets raped, you don't wag your finger at the rapist and victim, saying "alright, kids, we all need to settle down here".

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Just because you don't understand what I was saying doesn't mean it was clueless. Quit projecting.

Understood it? You're not even arguing from the dictionary ... you're arguing that a known network of terrorist groups in this country that have been investigated and tracked for DECADES are just a bunch of White folks who love their Nation. White. Nationalists.

Give us all a break. Learn something yourself before you try to teach someone else.

I actually linked to a dictionary but some people here want to make # up. that's fine though. I'm not arguing anything you just said. Lies are fine though, if that's what you need to do so you can sleep tonight.

I'm not surprised at all that you "linked to a dictionary" ... that's a well-known logical fallacy called an appeal to definition.

Look person ... you're in here claiming that because we don't know that every person at this march/protest/political action/putsch today is a white supremacist (and, frankly that's preposterous, because that's EXACTLY why the meeting was organized) we can't talk about the obvious presence and influence of White Supremacists and White Nationalists.

That, person, is not a lie ... it's just absurd ignorance.

Oh ok, so you can deride me for not "arguing from definitions" but if I actually posted a definition that's a logical fallacy. Got anymore twisted logic to try to worm your way out of this?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

From that article:

He condemned all the violence. By default that includes the white supremacists, or were they not there? You're not that stupid, stop trying to twist things.

And yet the right complained that Obama didn't use the words "Islamic terrorism".
We all know why Trump won't mention the white nationalists.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is going to be a watershed event for Trump. Just like he didn’t condemn the bombing of a mosque in the Midwest, he hasn't condemned these racists in Virginia as the governor did, and I might add many Republicans; he is an alien president more attune with racists than any president in our modern history.

This great country has made great strides in race relations and we are all proud of that. Trump if he doesn’t do and say the right things will drag this country back to the abyss of backward hatred, which it may not ever recover from

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

So antifa is innocent and didn't cause any violence today?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

The President did not mention white nationalists and the alt-right movement in his remarks

When somebody gets raped, you don't wag your finger at the rapist and victim, saying "alright, kids, we all need to settle down here".

So there were no white supremacists there? Because he condemned all the violence. That includes them. Just like Deaf Alien, I'm well aware you're not this stupid. Stop making a fool of yourself. He condemned the violence, you know this, stop trying to twist things.

link   

Your analogy is so wrong on so many levels but hey Trump can't do anything right so why bother to explain it to you. You're wrong btw.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Antifa didn't run over several people and murder a woman.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Did they mow down people with a car?

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: putnam6

I'm still saying that's a heck of a freak out.

I don't even see how.

I doubt it too cause you would have to really lose your chit, he had to drive a long way till he hit people, just saying even if you believe his take on it... just giving him the benefit of doubt till we hear the whole story.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They didn't kill anyone. So...

link   

From that article:

And yet the right complained that Obama didn't use the words "Islamic terrorism".
We all know why Trump won't mention the white nationalists.

This is the same argument when he didn't mention David Duke last year. Then when he specifically denounced Duke, it still wasn't good enough. Some of you folks will just never be happy no matter what he says. But you know he denounced the violence and you're being dishonest suggesting he didn't mean the white supremacists. Stop being dishonest.

link   

Antifa didn't run over several people and murder a woman.

I didn't say that.

Was antifa responsible for some of the violence today?

link   

So there were no white supremacists there? Because he condemned all the violence. That includes them. Just like Deaf Alien, I'm well aware you're not this stupid. Stop making a fool of yourself. He condemned the violence, you know this, stop trying to twist things.

I don't think you understand how moral equivalency justifications work.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Yeah, David Duke warned him .... and Trump shut his Twitter mouth right quick.

"I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftists," Duke tweeted, referring to Trump's base.

Oh, and this is what else Duke had to say today at the Charlottesville Putsch ...

"This represents a turning point for the people of this country. We are determined to take our country back, we're going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump, and that's what we believed in, that's why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he's going to take our country back and that's what we gotta do," Duke said.

The Hill

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join