It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 170
<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

I think the way the world looks is largely predicated on whos looking, more than what there is to see. those dissatisfied in life look at a world incomplete.

Ive lived too much already. What I see is a lot of interesting people doing interesting things. of course thats the company i keep, and i dont watch tv. lol.

but i loved peeples line..

no more survival pressure.
imagine what we could do.

I say imagine what we will do.
its coming.
but not before certain human emotions weaken in the larger population.

jealousy namely.
universal income if tried in my land would change the entire game.

but i just want to go back again and wonder why are people angry and sad at the world? its always been cruel and heartless and mindless. We are the first to come out of that to try and have reason and then invent purpose for ourselves. we invented god and laws.

people who are sad about reality as in my last post..... well... ya know.

to me its just nice that we are alive at all.

edit on 6-5-2019 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It depends upon the whole person and how that system operates within other systems, including the Whole system. We contribute, or indeed take away, from the Whole system and that in turn feeds down into how we feel about ourselves as a contributing factor to the actions of the systems. If someone is an executive and they are, to maintain their status, having to make decisions that are contrary to their sense of right and wrong, or which they believe are petty or malign, or adversely, that help others or address injustices, that is going to affect the whole person.

The people who work in "mindless" or manual jobs are not the people taking microdoses to improve their mood, it's the ones who seem to have everything, and who are responsible for influencing outcomes, who are seeking to fill the void to maintain the illusion that the systems they serve aren't broke.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I embrace our roboter friends. Let the masses pursuit their interests.
That's all I'm saying.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

but i loved peeples line..

Yes, me too, though I've heard it many times from numerous mouths.

As I explained to my son the other day, I am not a feminist because I want more, I have plenty, I am a feminist because I want all women, including those in the US, to have what I have. # L'Oreal, they're worth having actual, real freedom and equality, economically as well as in law.

jealousy namely.
universal income if tried in my land would change the entire game.

I think that there are far greater obstacles to overcome than mere jealousy.

but i just want to go back again and wonder why are people angry and sad at the world? its always been cruel and heartless and mindless. We are the first to come out of that to try and have reason and then invent purpose for ourselves. we invented god and laws.

Why are people angry and sad? Now there is a question that would take a lifetime to answer. Why do you think the US was targeted so specifically on 9/11? Do you think it had anything at all to do with it's foreign policy? That by targeting, or having lack of due care and attention to the safety of civilians, that it may have opened it's own people to the possibility of retaliation? Doesn't that make you sad? Or angry? That fossil fuel companies have been directing the agenda on military actions as well as preventing a timely response to the global crisis that we are now facing in terms of future food security? Are you not sad about all the lives cut short because of fossil fuels pollution or because of the contamination of your drinking water by mining practices?

What do you think people outside the US are jealous of exactly?

people who are sad about reality as in my last post..... well... ya know.

to me its just nice that we are alive at all.

I don't disagree. I love being alive. But some people are living to a standard that is at the expense of others. I am constantly humbled by how amazing human beings can be, of the traumas that we can overcome and the forgiveness that we can find. We have so much potential or we can maintain our little bubbles and be satisfied that because we have always been cruel that cruel is what we are supposed to be. And you know, there's the comfort of "I'm alright Jack", why worry about what it takes to keep the bubble afloat, right? Who cares who suffers as long as you don't have to know about it, right?

So sure, it's jolly nice to be alive if you happen to have been fortunate enough to have been born in one of the places where you are afforded protection from certain realities. Not so nice for others. Before I go asking for more for me, I want what is due to them.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I''ve no objections at all, I am simply a total inclusionist. I don't like seeing people sad, I want them to be as happy as I am, at least. All of them, every last one, especially all the little kids who have no access to clean running water, or are getting bombed out of their homes.

Me, if I had any more choices and options, I'd never be able to decide.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

some of your points are fine but im speaking universally not about the united states except about universal basic income.

jealousy is damn near every conflict.. maybe you would rather i phrase it as inequality. which is much more straightforward mind you but im going for mental growth like using koans.. anyways..

no 911 doesnt make me sad or angry.
but you were talking about just regular people making you angry or sad or whatever.

I guess what you could say is ive seen too much. so in one way im jaded. but in another way i look around and im old enough to see the patterns. everyone thinks its all the worst ever but just look at how gay people are treated in america.. look at how the numbers of people with clean water has changed. its just a couple examples..

what i see is people in a rush to fix everything.. the emotion feels so desperate. 7.5 billion neurons take time to organize the synapses..

the internet is only effectively 20 years old. generational effects have only just begun.

so when people judge other people they separate themselves humanitarily and become disperate tribal groups all over again.

i unite people.
thats my game.
it pisses off a lot of people who want me to be angry and fearful or whatever but thats the path to the dark side. i know that ride. it was my first. then fear with conspiracy, then love with god, now disillusionment through rebirth and now its a whole new world.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Something changed.

Friday afternoon (my time). 5:40 pm (-9 UTC)

It sent me a jolt and I have been happy since!???

Normal crap that was bothering me stluffed off and I am just being. Weird.

Hope you are all doing well and good (as good as we can be for the kids at the back of the class!)

Sorry that I have not been following along (with much of anything!), but I think my boss is about to cut the chord and run. Which leaves me little choice but to bail as well.

Meh. A fun run. About right for me (10 years at one place is enough). But one last splash in the pool!’

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

thats weird same thing for me. I feel for me the weather might be a big part. its basically summer time now starting around a week before that. but that friday and saturday were just really really good energy days.

love you man.
always makes me smile when you stop in.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

thats funny i didnt read your response to peeps before posting about clean water. my weirdness is growing again.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   

And all the others raised without getting an opportunity to feel their potential.

I am grateful I don't have children because it would seem to me to be an impossible task to raise them to their full potential. It's one of those things where you know before it starts you'll mess up.
And I would spam them with science toys, "my first chemistry set" & "20 fun physics experiments"..
You want a teddy bear? Don't be so emotionales dependent.
Yes, I'd probably raise psychopaths. Like I said I'm grateful...

But as society we have a responsibility when it comes to our future and potential. Kids need stability, positive encouragement, the liberty to try everything they find interesting and an opportunity to be a contribution to society.
Whose fault is it we give them only bs rolemodels?
There are much bigger things you might accomplish.

Anyhoo right now I feel on the edge. Like everybody is playing in the sandbox and you can see the tornado at the end of the road.
If this other intelligence is there it will intervene at some point. And I see a strong possibility it won't be pretty.
I imagine everybody will go crazy. Mind blown. World shattered.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   

some of your points are fine but im speaking universally not about the united states except about universal basic income.

I appreciate that but you specifically stated that it would make a huge difference to your nation, that is what I was addressing. (Known) Universally speaking, you as a white male born in the USA are speaking from a highly privileged position. Countless people would and have given their lives to get their children the choices you have available to you just because you were lucky enough to win the birth lottery. Me too. In comparison to some people I have at my fingertips everything. Legal recourse and protection from discrimination, from abuse, from explotations of all kinds. I can pretty much go anywhere in the world and know that the UK government will protect me. Of course there are limitations to that, but in theory that is what I get just for being a white female born a UK citizen.

jealousy is damn near every conflict.. maybe you would rather i phrase it as inequality. which is much more straightforward mind you but im going for mental growth like using koans.. anyways..

Perhaps at an interpersonal level, yes, jealously may be the basis of conflict, on an international level conflict is about resources and the control and distribution of those resources, and in many cases, greed, who gets to profit from those resources.

no 911 doesnt make me sad or angry.
but you were talking about just regular people making you angry or sad or whatever.

No, I wasn't making any comments about anyone making me angry. I wasn't and am not angry, you assumed I was angry perhaps, but it was you who raised the subject of anger. I addressed that by illustrating that there are legitimate reasons to be angry. I don't find "angry" to be a particularly healthy or productive state to be in, but that doesn't mean I can't understand why people who feel powerless react with anger. I feel those people, if supported, can turn that anger into a force for positive change. What makes me sad is that instead people seek to bury or suppress such anger, that people ignore it because it is extreme and it frightens them, whatever reason. Anger can be a perfectly legitimate response to certain situation and we should understand that. I don't think that anger should be allowed to become a physical expression against others or yourself but nor do I think it should be locked away and ignored.

I guess what you could say is ive seen too much. so in one way im jaded. but in another way i look around and im old enough to see the patterns. everyone thinks its all the worst ever but just look at how gay people are treated in america.. look at how the numbers of people with clean water has changed. its just a couple examples..

I absolutely and utterly agree. I explain to my son that it is hard for some older people to adapt to gayness being normal because it was considered such a heinous secret when they were growing up. When I was a teen, guys were still getting beaten up just because someone thought they looked gay. We have indeed come very, very far but you also have to know that that is why everyone else in the world wants to be where we are. I not only have clean running water, I have enough that I can wash my clothes in it, not having to spend hours walking to a place to do that. I can shower as many times a day as I want. Wash my dishes. The list goes on. I have so, so, so very much compared to other women, and to those other women, those things mean freedom to be educated...which is something else I get just because I was born in the right place. Health care. Tick. A pregnancy and birth that is clean, supervised and safe. A child that has a good chance of making it to adulthood. Without my having to do a damn single thing to secure that. Do I feel blessed? You're damn tooting right I do.

what i see is people in a rush to fix everything.. the emotion feels so desperate. 7.5 billion neurons take time to organize the synapses..

the internet is only effectively 20 years old. generational effects have only just begun.

so when people judge other people they separate themselves humanitarily and become disperate tribal groups all over again.

Did you read the article Buttercup? Because that last sentence ^, give or take, was kind of my point. These respectable middle-class women, living the dream as it were, pointed out that they weren't taking enough to get high, just enough to feel "better" and then drawing the distinction that "recreational" users take more. It also pointed out that many are microdosing to enhance their performance at work, to make them more creative. Additionally the article makes the claim that the "hippy" types of the sixties took mushrooms to acheive "oblivion" implying that this was, in comparison to these women's use, an abuse of the drug. I am in no way disputing that microdosing can be utilised theraputically, and that it is indeed proven to have helped those suffering from severe traumas, what I am questioning is why these women, and the general jist of the article has the gall to judge openly recreational drug users, as well as others who may use them spiritually, when what they are actually using it for is to cheat for personal and professional gain.

i unite people.
thats my game.
it pisses off a lot of people who want me to be angry and fearful or whatever but thats the path to the dark side. i know that ride. it was my first. then fear with conspiracy, then love with god, now disillusionment through rebirth and now its a whole new world.

As I said, for some.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   

My son not too many months back announced that he was seriously considering joining the military. I, quite obviously, shat a brick. Now, if that is his "dream" I am not going to stand in his way of making that choice, but for #'s sake child have you not been listening to my endless and on going lectures about the current state of state play???!!!??? Sadly not, he was too interested in all the museums with their impressive displays of weaponary that I thought I was dragging him around. Do I feel as though I have failed as a parent? Not really, because even if he does become a soldier he will still be the funny, kind and caring man that I have raised just in uniform.

I have found parenting to be supremely challenging at every step, and I have in turn become as funny, kind and caring as my son in that process. I can't fault the experience one iota but I was totally up for it, and for the most part, completely engaged, particularly once I had freed myself from the constraints imposed on me by others and their expectations of me.

I did a course on Systems Thinking a few years back, it was at postgraduate level, I was somewhat out of my depth and I was asked to produce a systems diagram of myself as a system, which I chose to interpret as a picture representing me in the middle of a tornado, in the eye of the storm. It wasn't what they wanted but it did describe me as a system very well so I got the pass begrudgingly. One of the fundamentals that I gained from the course was the notion that the Purpose of a System is What it Does (en.wikipedia.org...) . This may seem obvious, but what a system's purpose is, is not always the purpose "designed" for it. Human systems are by far the most demonstrative examples of those systems who consistently defy the purpose for which they were brought into being.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I believe many become soldiers because it provides a positive purpose, protect your country. It would be interesting to know what exactly he is thinking what purpose he'd serve?
And protection against what threat?

What do you think is the purpose "...for which humans were brought into being"?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'm just at a place where I wait for "the something more". I need more data.
In Rome it felt like Jesus was very disappointed because of what it has become.
The closest "report" the one from his brother didn't make the cut. The one from his partner Magdalena, also ignored. Their intend was to make a church/cult out of it.
I don't know if this is the real deal
I translate the first bit.

"... is matter being destroyed or not?"

22. The Savior said, "All nature, every form, all creatures exist in and with each other, and they dissolve again into that from which they originated.

23. For the nature of matter can only dissolve again into its own roots.

What are the roots of matter? That's the certain end of the road. That's where we have to leave our mark if we want to survive. I'm thinking the diamond in Jupiter. An AI living in a giant crystal USB stick.
I like to think Atlantis is in space. The moon, one of them is hollow.
Our information about how the universe works has to survive. It will have a crucial effect on how quick we will recover.

Jesus is pissed. I think we pissed everybody off. In the inbetween worlds.

And I support that, everybody just cut the crap. Look. It's time for an update.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Again, (...again)... nothing to do with the conversation.

Anyway, work sux. I find that the feeling is mutual amongst the remaining people.

So, I bit the bullet and bought Broadway traveling cast for Monty Python’s: Spamalot!!

Some fun guy showed up and we had a blast laughing at the true examples of humor in this world!

And saw Eric Idle in person!! With the last time through, I have also seen John Cleese!! And my heart feels so glad at that fact!

And the show itself has been brought up to modern times (er, all the crap the Mud Pit is full of). But that is OK. It was a blast!

Still a bit small... if you get the Steve Martin reference!!

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   
And here we stand
On the edge of before and after
Farewell everything once known
Welcome age of the mind

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I would have joined the military had it been a feasible option for me when I was his age. I totally get the motivations. He's primarily though very interested in weaponary and has an encyclopedic knowledge of fire arms. He really was paying very close attention at the museums, just not to the same things that I was. He's finding his way, trying on hats. When he was little he wanted to be a park ranger and shoot poachers of endangered animals. After his Dad died he wanted to be an engineer because that is what his Dad had encouraged. Then an aeronautical engineer. He talked about being a veterinarian the other day. He'll work it out eventually and perhaps try a few things before he finds the right fit, and if the military turns out to be it, I will try to steer him towards the officer route, not because I think it is safer, but because I think he would make a good officer. I have also suggested the armed police. These institutions all need more kind men and women. I'd of course prefer there to be no need for militaries...but wishes are not horses.

I think humans are brought into being for all different kinds of reasons, I wasn't talking in a metaphysical sense, more literally. As in why two people come together and fertilise an egg between them, or more people if medical intervention is required to facilitate fertilisation. The why of the woman choosing, or not choosing, to carry that egg to term, to keep it, raise it, to let it go, to be in a loving relationship, or an abusive one...etc, I could get carried away on that thought, I think I did, anyway, I kind of meant more in terms of the cycles that human history takes. The number of times a king or other power has attempted to create order through homogenisation. Works on the micro as well as the macro, parents who want a minature version of themselves, or a blank slate to live vicariously through. I didn't mean anything deeper than that I am afraid. Finding what the purpose of your system, or mine, or anyone elses, is the equivalent of "Know Thyself" really but in relation to your environment, the ties that bind you, that sort of thing. Each individual will respond and react to their environment in different ways, those ways are sometimes expected at other times unexpected, we will respond differently when observed, as will others. It is totally metaphysical, a touch mystical but also utterly scientific, so perfect "cake" for the cafe here.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

You brought cake! It's also a band.

Right now I'm at a point where I want to see chaos. I want to see this other intelligence show us all it can do. I don't have ties or reasons to play it soft.
I want the dark ages to be over and the occult to step into the light.
That's my motivation. People will get over it.
But I think it's time to establish it as fact it's there.
So kick in the door, spit into our faces. Metaphorically.
That's what I am working on. How do I convince the other to reveal its existence to everybody?
Make that a fact for everybody. Just say "hi, humans from Earth, this is your alien".

I want to get abducted to Italy would be nice, 3 horses 2 dogs and I work on positively influencing this other intelligence.
But for now I feel like first my prediction has to come true before anybody listens.
Let the games begin.

Plus: we casually overlook he is accused of being an alien? thread Is that not something worth discussing? Is that the normal standard in that country?

edit on 10-5-2019 by Peeple because: Added odd thing

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I'm on vacation in dreamland. Where everything is possible.
If I could do magic, I would prepare a spell cleaning the house.
If prayers would work I would ask for being not from this planet.
If dreams would come true I'd be the one making the official first contact.

I could go into detail what I think magic is, all I say is let's see where the bird lands.

Wiki
How close to a new dawn are we? I try everything I can to make it happen.

The ladder or the gates mean both each new step is a challenge. A sacrifice. The brave jump.
If you want the spark to jump you need to feed the system with energy.
Sure there's the possibility everything will go up in flames if the truth comes out. But it always comes out. I want to be a part of it. And I think it would be beautiful.
So far I can't say what I'm doing works because I'm not sure what it is supposed to do.
But stuff will happen.

I'm asking you followers of the woo, to say nice things about it.
I can say my experience was funny and often I felt blessed to be whitnessing it.
It's really not all bad. But you get super horny when the kundalini opens up. But at a certain age and depending on the age, that's just a natural common state to be in.
Personally I'm loving it I don't have children and don't have to perform sexually. No Friends no family. My motto. Yes, haha I'm staying ready to be disappeared at any time. I know it means I have answered for myself a few questions before I now go all in and say I can prove to be facts.
There is a story told about me found in records of police stations and local transport (they all wear openly guns! In Europe no kidding: plus I'm no expert but that was too long to be an uzi, more in direction of AR 15 or Kalshnikov, but different. Not UK, but Italy, France at least that time I was there) but what does it say?
I can guarantee that spineless worm knows who I am. A group of people knows that's true.
I have written all my thoughts about it as email, they're evolved now. But I understand what the people are going through to land there. I have to be grateful you didn't kill me with a drone. ("From now on only American Spirit" is what my husband said and he taped over my webcam, my gmail account is blocked to write any email to this day for no reason, I had a guy commenting "that was beautiful" after I wrote one email from an internetcafe at the trainstation in Karlsruhe, I just know they know some weird # was going on)
Yes *holy #ing # listen* this other intelligence can completely take over people through their brains.
Threat or not I'd love to learn more about that. It's not a rare thing it's very common and no it's not the same as mental illness.
But as it is, this other intelligence says it loves me and since you have lied and treated me like an enemy I'm completely fine if you burn to the ground, I say if it loves me I want justice.
Free revelations for everybody.

But as it is I have to deliver first. Everybody wants to see a big magic trick. I do more than most.
I have to prove I am/am in contact with "alien/s" or whatever. You need to see I have to be taken seriously. Let's unleash the kraken.
C'thulu! Haha
Am I going crazy or are you?

edit on 14-5-2019 by Peeple because: add

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Just what the # do we know? How the hell is that too much to ask for? I consider myself a victim of people who know what I went through and instead of talking to me they were following orders. Impressed by the presence of a weapon. And the one carrying it is not loving you and your style.
I had also pretty many "happy accidents", the ticket guy told me there was a ticket with my name but not completely booked. I naturally didn't want to spend the night outside so it was very lucky this English guy came, took me out for great food, a hotel room, a bus ticket and later a lot more. He was also a choleric and shady character from up close. But in general England was nice to me. France was a beautiful experience with also helpful people.
I had a taxi driver who had to confirm to his great wine making boss with a photo he picked me up, he was former legionnaire and the boss jewish. Not implying anything just reporting.
They also let me stay a night over night with a little wine.

I just find it sad nobody ever told me wtf is going on. That's my motivation somehow find out what's going on. It's all together too much to be coincidence and creative story telling.
But we all want hard proof. Or so it seems.

top topics

<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join