It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Jeepers... I have been told that this thread, through no fault of mine, heh, is approaching maximum allowed density of 400 pages... SO, it's curtains OR someone can redirect this tight little community of posters to a new thread... it's been a worthy exercise and a fascinating thread, thanks to all posters.

Smooches, hugs and sincere wishes of well-being to all.

It's a weird little existence.

Original ATS thread for reference and historical purposes: Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness.

Metacafeterians welcome to Part Deux!! I was always wondering why there would be a new The Shed thread... so now I know!

Let's keep the polite talk and general weirdness going!!

Thanks Baddogma for giving such fine birth to the Metacafeterians!! I even kind of copied your title...

edit on 1-6-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: fixed link

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

link dont work

what was some of the most recent discussions about?
im interested

thanks

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

•Dragonred of Blood: Lose the “of” and you have a winner.
•Deathhouse: How is this not already a band! Or a horror movie franchise?
•Vultrum: “Ask your doctor about taking Vultrum today.”
•Stäggabash: We would definitely fly to Europe to drink mead and hear Stäggabash.
•Deathcrack: Drugs are bad, mkay?
•Stormgarden: Oh, no! Not a storm….in our garden.

nerdist.com - Judging Neural Network-Generated Metal Band Names.

Over on Part I, Reverbs was having fun with AI and neural networks. I ran across the above while reading about a ST:TNG episode hitting 25 years old!

I kind of like Stormgarden! I wonder why? And "yes" to Deathhouse!

There are links to other "fun with neural network" in the article.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Thanks I fixed my link! Should work now.

We talk about everything and nothing. Strange things that go beep in the night. Life, love, death, socks, poetry, The Buddha, computer issues, weird synchronicities, cool music, art, Netherlands World Order (freedom from government), and what it all means. We just don't try to shout down anybody or call them names or be judgmental just polite and civil.

We share links to things we find interesting. Then all the topics start overlapping! Every topic above and more start crossing over each other! Then it is no longer about a topic but about how the heck did all that happen? And what does it mean?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Just subscribing to thread,i didn't get around to the other one much for quite a while,and it grew into a monster

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: TinySickTears

Thanks I fixed my link! Should work now.

We talk about everything and nothing. Strange things that go beep in the night. Life, love, death, socks, poetry, The Buddha, computer issues, weird synchronicities, cool music, art, Netherlands World Order (freedom from government), and what it all means. We just don't try to shout down anybody or call them names or be judgmental just polite and civil.

We share links to things we find interesting. Then all the topics start overlapping! Every topic above and more start crossing over each other! Then it is no longer about a topic but about how the heck did all that happen? And what does it mean?

cool.
i love just kicking back and thinking about life and how it all got started and where it is going. its the craziest trip ever.
no matter what you believe in its an awesome beginning dont you think?
an omnipotent god created everything there is....thats pretty heavy to think about.
why did he do it? when did he do it?
how can we possible think we could have a handle on understanding that?

the big bang. something from nothing. no an explosion in space but an explosion of space.
woah..
infinite space.
wormholes
gravity
nuclear explosions above our head
the sun....20 million degrees f....thats just insanity. i cant even fathom that

planets that rain liquid iron and oceans of diamonds

how can we think we will ever understand that?

it bothers me that i will never get the answers i want.
its the whole the more we know the more we know we dont know thing.
bums me out.

life...its an amazing thing. so many different forms. so many different mutations.

so many amazing things. beautiful music. the way we feel when we see our children. the feeling we get when we hold our spouses hand. how amazing food can taste. how a smell can bring you back to another place in another time..

its just too much to comprehend but so fun to try

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Yup, exactly like this ... cool, though you could've called it TEOTWAWKIAIFF 's Meta Cafe etc.

But now I can find it with ease... and hopefully continue to amuse myself with other's mind boggling musings.

Wish I had more to say... but I'm too meta atm for mere words. (shoots burst of telepathic images into the aether and levitates off to evening libations)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
You said it all eloquently Tears a reply to: TinySickTears

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

While concentrating on what my brain was doing between thoughts I had an out of mind experience. It was something like the realization that our Big Bang was the result of a star collapsing to black hole in another previously existing space-time dimension. One time I had a dream I built a time machine and used it to travel into the future to prevent my future self from destroying it. If our thoughts are the light then God lives in the shadows. It's the brief moments of sanity that keep driving me insane. Someone once asked me if they could as me a stupid question. I said those are the only kind I can answer.

edit on 1-6-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Got to keep the love alive!! We honor our progenitors. You deserve it for what this has become!

I have no ego about it.

And not having much to say... in this storm of politics... I don't blame you!

I'll do my best to keep you up to date on sciencey things!

ETA: It didn't take long for the transition!
edit on 1-6-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: because I can

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I've always said light is way more stranger than we know or think it should be.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Yaaayy!! New cafe!

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

While concentrating on what my brain was doing between thoughts I had an out of mind experience. It was something like the realization that our Big Bang was the result of a star collapsing to black hole in another previously existing space-time dimension. One time I had a dream I built a time machine and used it to travel into the future to prevent my future self from destroying it. If our thoughts are the light then God lives in the shadows. It's the brief moments of sanity that keep driving me insane. Someone once asked me if they could as me a stupid question. I said those are the only kind I can answer.

Yes, perhaps the collapsing black hole triggered cosmic events leading up to our creation. I too have these thoughts of dimensions and how everything is perhaps connected by easily transformable energy waves and particles if the conditions are just right.

This astrophysicist sums up the sentiment along my train of thought.

I have no words for this, and in fact I cannot comprehend it. Oh, I can do the math, put the numbers together, compare it to various other things. But to truly grasp this, to viscerally internalize it, is far, far beyond what our puny ape minds can handle. The Universe dwarfs us. But let me add something here, because it's beautiful.

www.blastr.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
On a more mystical bent courtesy of the majic cactus; C G Jungs theories resonate very close to A440 or perhaps A432 it's entirely up to you!

edit on 2-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
On a more mystical bent courtesy of the majic cactus; C G Jungs theories resonate very close to A440 or perhaps A432 it's entirely up to you!

432 Hz is the God note - OM mantra. There perhaps exists a conspiracy here.

Then you will find many mystical arguments, such that there are 432 Buddha statues on Mount Meru, or that it is somehow related to the location of chakras. There is even a claim that scientists at Nike found out that the best golf balls have 432 dimples…

mantrafordeepinnerpeace.wordpress.com...

440 Hz is the recent standardized choice from past preferred 435 Hz and 439 Hz - do you want to be standardized? It is up to you.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

440 Hz is the recent standardized choice from past preferred 435 Hz and 439 Hz - do you want to be standardized? It is up to you.

I prefer to be marginalized if you don't mind.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Why should I mind?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Check this out!

QuantaMagazine.org - Discoveries Fuel Fight Over Universe’s First Light.

This is how the Café goes. A topic comes up and there are few posts, some reading to do, and a new "discovery" happens just about the time we've speculated on the spectacular. Synchronicities bread synchronicities!

Hey Café...

I really like this site!

Here's one straight up the Metacafe way! QuantaMagazine.org - The Thoughts of a Spiderweb.

Yeah, you have some reading to do... but hey, most of my links here are for myself to remember where to go looking!

This article is about the external nature of the brains of some animals. Like the spider web is an extension of its brain for both off-site storage and an extension of its nervous system. Cool stuff!

@Reverbs

Check it out. MIT Press teams with Internet Archive and Arcadia to provide access to hundreds of backlist titles.

MIT Press is adding 1,500 titles of back listed books to the net! That is pretty cool. And since now your an alumnus thought I'd say, "Way to go!"

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
And it is Friday!

This is truly a sign of the end of the world...

The new production of "Jagged Little Pill," helmed by "Juno" writer Diablo Cody and director Diane Paulus, will debut at the American Repertory Theater in Cambridge next May.

LA Times - Ready for Alanis Morissette's 'Jagged Little Pill' as a musical? It's happening.

You Oughta Know

Only because Flea is playing bass on this one!

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Why should I mind?

It's just a figure of speech.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join