It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

So, re: The Thoughts of a Spider Web - an interesting concept.

I was wondering what would be human phenotype evolution when driverless cars and other technology, that takes away daily physical tasks/chores, become the norm. Taking into consideration if evolution is affected by environment and behaviour is it a possibility that, in the near future, humanity will be turning to more screen time with this newly gotten free time and suffer physically as well as emotionally?

“Taken together, [studies show] internet addiction is associated with structural and functional changes in brain regions involving emotional processing, executive attention, decision making, and cognitive control.” --research authors summarizing neuroimaging findings in internet and gaming addiction (Lin & Zhou et al, 2012)

www.psychologytoday.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I tend to "go there" when it comes to wild speculation!

Computers? Sure, that is the easiest one. Try something a little more freaky... like the electromagnetic spectrum itself! You see where I'm going with this? The easiest one there is "visible light". This ties nicely into quantum mechanics. It also does not preclude a holographic universe. Then we extend down with radio telescope and upwards with ultraviolet and x-rays. All the spectrum is part of a collective mind we have access to! The universe inside of us!

How did I do?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I tend to "go there" when it comes to wild speculation!

Computers? Sure, that is the easiest one. Try something a little more freaky... like the electromagnetic spectrum itself! You see where I'm going with this? The easiest one there is "visible light". This ties nicely into quantum mechanics. It also does not preclude a holographic universe. Then we extend down with radio telescope and upwards with ultraviolet and x-rays. All the spectrum is part of a collective mind we have access to! The universe inside of us!

How did I do?

So, are you alluding to spiritual/philosophical/scientific evolutionary advancement and which may eventually bring about physical and mental/intellectual atrophy - then where will be?

edit on 16CDT02America/Chicago03020230 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

All of them. Not in some distant future but more of mental exercise on why we are not doing this right now. Maybe we are but our minds auto-filter out so much information.

"We are beings of light" some swamp-frog-thing once said. My thoughts are "how would it work"? The extended cognition through light is one. It is just a thought experiment.

And to demonstrate how wild the Metacafe gets at times this was just put out at phys.org: Seeing through materials with visible light.

How did that happen? We are talking about light, the mind, extended cognition, what it means philosophically and here is an example of scientists recreating a holographic image of scattered light to pick the path through yogurt so they can spell the word 'MICHIGAN'. They used the word "holographic" too!

The Metacafe hard at work!

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

So, we will be one with the light or we will become a hologram. Nature dictates that our skin act as a barrier to light, I have a notion this may end up being a very bad idea.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

The next one will be "Baddogma's new other..." then "Son of Baddogma's..." then "Beneath the Planet of..." then "Return of the son of..." you've got a franchise my man!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Woah!! That rocks!! :rawk:

Thanks for the cool kick off to this new experience!!

Have you seen your friend who hasn't aged in twenty years recently?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. . . . Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.”

– Max Planck, the theoretical physicist who originated quantum theory, which won him the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918

Collective-Evolution.com - Mind-Body Connection During Meditation Can Now Be Measured, Thanks To Science.

I've seen this quote twice in one day! I'm being told to pay attention so...

Yes it is that Max Plank who has the institute named after him. Where, in Greifswald [yes, that place where they had The Bell], they have the Wendelstein 7-X nuclear fusion reactor. Consciousness... the inner light.

eta:

Research findings have shown that as we practice heart coherence and radiate love and compassion, our heart generates a coherent electromagnetic wave into the local field environment that facilitates social coherence, whether in the home, workplace, classroom or sitting around a table. As more individuals radiate heart coherence, it builds an energetic field that makes it easier for others to connect with their heart. So, theoretically it is possible that enough people building individual and social coherence could actually contribute to an unfolding global coherence.

(source: same)

edit on 5-6-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: add cool quote

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Servus beloved Cafeteers! Mostly just marking so I can find you guys easier.

And I got a little bit of reporting to do, just for the record:
The other night I was almost sleeping alone for all I know in my bed and thinking about weird things (C.G. Jung stuff) when suddenly a non visible entity bumped into my bed 2 times, made a little bit of noise and left again.

And then I was thinking what could happen in a worst case scenario if I opened up about all the weirdness in my life and felt incredible lonely, went to smoke a cigarette and suddenly in broad daylight there were tiny little bright dots everywhere, floating around me the entire ten minutes or so and haven't been seen since or ever before, so I tend to exclude mundane explanations like pollen or insects.

@TEOTWAWKIAIFF I love how you included socks in your list

That's it for now. Love you all.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
My little update as well....

Went to see my shaman friend up on the Jicarilla Rez and he said there was a disturbance in the force and suggested we contact the "green man" to see what was up ....apparently the man was out of the office and will return by Xmas. Took a side trip over to San Luis for a little fly fishing in the Calebras and encountered a couple of "vatos" at the 7/11 in their 20s.

That in and of itself wouldn't be considered high strangness but they asked me if I had seen the "green man" lately. How did they know of our short journey into wizardlandia. I asked them and they laughed and got into a 55 chevy, California plates and drove north. Never a dull moment in the "Valley"....caught a few rainbows and drove back to Santa Fe when it got to dark to fish.

Next, up to the 4 corners, Durango, Aztec, Cortez Lots of reports of skinwalkers, portals, strange lights, UFOs etc. The Navajos don't like to talk about it but I know a gringo dentist on the rez and he tells me it's crazy.

edit on 14-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Hi Peeps!

We had a bit of a move across the hall. Same neighbor hood, same floor, just across the hall!

Holy socks! Just to let everybody know this is an open conversation about anything strange, or woo-ish.

After talking a few people down from a slight freak out on T&C-25 you kind of get a vibe around others. I suppose depending on which of the alkaloids you've consumed others that have had experience with you get that psychic link (vibe).

Not until Christmas?! Can the world live without the woo for that long? Hum...

As for TEOT, mundane beeps in the apartment at night with no source (sort of used to them by now). No good dreams to report on either. No BBTs floating around. Just work and bills at the moment.

It's all good though. Got some reading done. Worked on some math stuff. Even updated my computer OS which did kill Pro Tools so that sucks.

Nice to hear from Peeple and Olaru12! *waves*

edit on 14-6-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: clarity or fat fingers?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
My little update as well....

Went to see my shaman friend up on the Jicarilla Rez and he said there was a disturbance in the force and suggested we contact the "green man" to see what was up ....

A good while back, 18 months or so, my friend brought her three year old round and he took a shine to my son's Lego figure of the Hulk, wanted to take it home with him, which I wouldn't let him and when I put the Hulk out of his reach, he began pleading for the "Green Man". I was ill at the time, which in turn was playing tricks in the head, call it psychosis or vision-quest or whatever, for me it was one and the same, so this calling for the Green Man gained increasing significance. As my friend's tantrum grew, he ran through the names of everyone he knew, his Mum, Dad, sister etc, and claimed that they needed the Green Man.

Out of the mouths of babes and all that...

Did your Shaman friend have any suggestions as to how the Green Man could be contacted?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Nice story!

There are certain cacti that grow in the desert and have these little buds. It is commonly known and here is the Wikipedia entry.

The entry says nothing of the Green Man but people report seeing him after a couple experiences. He is green in color, has pointed ears, is kind of short and skinny. Somewhat impish too. And grinning.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Let's talk Taxonomy. Does taxonomy really provide a simple understanding of the components of biodiversity? The Green Man reminds me of a plant too.

This is a wonderful thread.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NwoDedispU

Taxonomy?

I was talking about psychedelics!

Universe seems set up from the start to grow from simplicity to diversity. All was a soup of particles too hot to create atoms. Then it spread out enough to cool down. The simplest atoms formed and somehow there were gravity wells where bunches got stuck and attracted others. The first stars formed then exploded sending out larger particles created from fusion. Rinse and repeat over some 14 billion years. (That is the simple, quick overview).

Clever little monkeys develop into the curious beings they are and invent science somehow. The idea of "taxonomy" is us using methods to put organism into categories. Even the original methods have changed as our technology and understanding grows.

Mary Jane, oddly enough, is a prime example! That plant is genetically similar to hops used in making beer. Trying to ban the "devil weed" they almost included hops. That is because of our ability to perform DNA sequencing we found that the two plants are more genetically similar than not.

Our simple understanding is becoming more complex because of biodiversity! Taxonomy being a tool has led us to other tools which has modified the previous tool, taxonomy. We modified our behavior by thinking how to classify plants and animals! Self-reference and recursion are sure signs of complexity.

Did Universe set us up for that? Another one of those things that make you go, hum?

Welcome to the Metacafe!

BTW - This is just a continuation of the previous thread. We have fun here with no real goals except to have our minds blown by new discoveries, strange observations, and those syncretic connections that appear from time to time. All while being polite to each other as much as possible, of course.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Thank you, sometimes in life people can see and feel from a distance. Let's call this "sub space."

So if I was on the moon drinking a beer and you were on Mars drinking Vodka would our paths cross? Is our life all about energy and the distance from you to me?

This is a deep deep thread.

Thank you.
edit on 15-6-2017 by NwoDedispU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: Anaana

Nice story!

There are certain cacti that grow in the desert and have these little buds. It is commonly known and here is the Wikipedia entry.

The entry says nothing of the Green Man but people report seeing him after a couple experiences. He is green in color, has pointed ears, is kind of short and skinny. Somewhat impish too. And grinning.

That's him....ole Mescalito. But a trickster that one...

and those syncretic connections that appear from time to time

You said a mouthful there....there seem to be a connection between some forms of high strangeness and yet others stand alone! really alone!!

edit on 15-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NwoDedispU

A red I believe? Still need to make that 3 mile ski trail down the crater! How fast could we would go with no wind resistance?

I am a reader of Robert Anton Wilson! Pretty good memory on stuff I read 3 or more times. Cosmic Trigger is one.

I would like to see him myself! One of these days I'll head down Southwest ways. Got a friend in Santa Fe who's been there for a few years. I really do need to visit. And maybe make a trip of it! Hehe.

ETA: When they cross paths is where the strangeness arises! Typically during one of those synchronicity moments. And like other "high strangeness" they multiply and appear in those close to you.

edit on 15-6-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: tag on to previous response

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hey guys checking out the cafe. I dig it. Ill be returning here in the future.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I always read it as

Bad Dog Ma

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join